Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Harvin to be traded?

Mike Max Says Vikings Will Try To Trade Percy Harvin

Multiple sources tell Max that Harvin had an embarrassing tirade directed toward Frasier.......
    Teammates were present, and Max was told that is when Harvin left the team and was put on injured reserve.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Mike Max Says Vikings Will Try To Trade Percy Harvin
    Found this link...thought I'd add it, there's a little, not much, more info in the article. Mike Max Says Vikings Will Try To Trade Percy Harvin CBS Minnesota

Well now, that explains why he went to Florida. Not the greatest thing for a Viking fan to wake up to on a Sunday...

I can't imagine a more disappointing outcome...

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    I can't imagine a more disappointing outcome...
    Unfortunately, I can.

Given Spielman's FA track record for signing viable players, it's not looking good for this FA.

We're going to need at least 2 damn good WR's to be signed this offseason one of which needs to be a deep threat receiver, the other to replace Harvin & the production we got out of him.

Right now on the roster the WR's we have signed are Jenkins, Wright & Burton.

Here's how last year's FA went.

Other than our own players that were resigned, Felton looks to be the only keeper one out of 10 & now Spielman has got to try & keep him since he is a FA & will be higher in demand.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Unfortunately, I can.

Given Spielman's FA track record for signing viable players, it's not looking good for this FA.

We're going to need at least 2 damn good WR's to be signed this offseason one of which needs to be a deep threat receiver, the other to replace Harvin & the production we got out of him.

Right now on the roster the WR's we have signed are Jenkins, Wright & Burton.

Here's how last year's FA went.

Other than our own players that were resigned, Felton looks to be the only keeper one out of 10 & now Spielman has got to try & keep him since he is a FA & will be higher in demand.
    I really meant the outcome of being basically forced to trade a malcontent. I love watching Percy play, especially for the Vikes...but, behavior like described simply cannot be tolerated. Which, is extremely disappointing to me. I'd rather he suddenly grow up.

Re: FA and Spielman's track record...I will bet you a case of Hamm's that Felton will be blocking for AD this season.

Spot on, and, I've been in agreement with you re: wide receivers. A Harvin trade better bring a starting WR, or, some high draft picks...preferably a starting WR.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    I'm not sure I'm buying this. That being said Harvin needs to grow up. If he hasn't learned anything let him go.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxVike View Post
    I really meant the outcome of being basically forced to trade a malcontent. I love watching Percy play, especially for the Vikes...but, behavior like described simply cannot be tolerated. Which, is extremely disappointing to me. I'd rather he suddenly grow up.

Re: FA and Spielman's track record...I will bet you a case of Hamm's that Felton will be blocking for AD this season.

Spot on, and, I've been in agreement with you re: wide receivers. A Harvin trade better bring a starting WR, or, some high draft picks...preferably a starting WR.
    I bet he will be too, but we need to get him resigned first.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    But...But......I thought Harvin was "In a good frame of mind". LOL

WWBGD

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    I still think it could go either way. Yes he deserves more money, but how do you give a guy a big signing bonus when you aren't sure how much or long he can be trusted!? Like I said, he could have a change of heart, given the success of the team without him, and him knowing he could be a big part of making them even better. Or he could just really want to go back home with a fat contract and/or maybe he really wants to be The Guy and he won't feel that here with Mr. Peterson...?

I've been thinking about possible destinations...not just where would he fit in best, but who has a good enough team to lose half of their draft picks and not miss them too much.

New England, duh, good team, young & improving defense and could really use a new star receiver. They probably have some extra picks somewhere too.

Miami, has the need, and tons of cap room and some extra draft picks due to trading away Brandon Marshall (2nd) and that CB to IND (3rd). And, PH gets to be closer to mama.

Houston? What the fuck could he do as a 1b with Andre? They've got a lot of other pieces already in place...

Any other ideas?
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I am actually OK with this. I would love to unload Harvin for a couple of early draft picks. Don't get me wrong - I love Harvin and the kid is an amazing player. But obviously we can win without him, and if he is causing issues on the sideline then we might be better off without him. and it isn't like this was the first time...
    Harvin apparently had a similar incident when Childress coached the team.
    Speilman was on KFAN the other morning, and they specifically asked about Harvin. Spielman said that Harvin was a "blue chip player" and "obviously they try to keep their blue chip players." But when asked specifically if Harvin was going to be traded, he just repeated that answer over and over again.

I am convinced that Harvin is on the trade block, and I am good with it. Obviously a first round pick would be worth it. Would a second and a third? Second and fourth? IDK. It depends on how much interest there is.

How about Harvin for Smith? Would that be a decent trade?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    I don't think you trade blue-chip MVP possibilities for just a pick, or for 2 mid round picks. I'm thinking propper value would be Miami's first round pick, no.12, and the later of their two 2nds and 3rds. OR, swap firsts with Miami, and take their earlier 2nd and 3rd. That would give us nearly a top ten pick (12,11,12? and DET's 5) in the first 4 rounds and leave us with double picks in the 2, 3, 4! As in, plenty ammo to move around, draft 2 WRs and improve depth at several aging defensive positions.

Alex Smith is not worth Percy Harvin...especially with our wagon all tied to Ponder like they keep saying it is. Alex Smith and their first and third perhaps...?
    Last edited by mountainviking; 02-10-2013 at 04:53 PM.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast