Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Harvin & Phil Loadholt still unsigned

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Vikings' top two draft picks still unsigned[/size]

Wide receiver Percy Harvin and right tackle Phil Loadholt remain unsigned entering the final weekend of the offseason.

Last update: July 25, 2009 - 12:18 AM

startribune.com
    Not worried.
    Last year, the Vikings signed safety Tyrell Johnson (second round), quarterback John David Booty (fifth) and center John Sullivan (sixth) hours before the team reported to training camp.
    Won't they be busy signing Favre at that time?
    Doesn't take that long to sign on the dotted line. I am sure the contract is already written up.
    I bet it isn't.
    Didn't someone on here post something along the lines that a deal was done and he would have to announce something within a 10 day window from that date?

He and his agent are working the figure, you know it and I know it.
    I thought it was just Favre's decision and everything else is done at this point?

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Mr" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=52509.msg973626#msg973626 date=1248507922]

Wide receiver Percy Harvin and right tackle Phil Loadholt remain unsigned entering the final weekend of the offseason.

startribune.com
    Not worried.
    Last year, the Vikings signed safety Tyrell Johnson (second round), quarterback John David Booty (fifth) and center John Sullivan (sixth) hours before the team reported to training camp.
    Doesn't take that long to sign on the dotted line. I am sure the contract is already written up.
    I bet it isn't.
    Didn't someone on here post something along the lines that a deal was done and he would have to announce something within a 10 day window from that date?

I thought it was just Favre's decision and everything else is done at this point?
    [/quote]

I'm willing to bet thats the case.
    Favre wouldn't have had surgery without knowing that the Vikings are willing to pay what he wants.
    Otherwise we'd have the situation where Favre goes under the knife, then 9 weeks later, they can't come to an agreement on a contract.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

[size=30pt]NFL draft signings slow at the top[/size]

http://min.scout.com/2/882597.html
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52509.msg973847#msg973847 date=1248558175]

startribune.com
    Not worried.
    I bet it isn't.

[/quote]

Favre wouldn't have had surgery without knowing that the Vikings are willing to pay what he wants.
    Otherwise we'd have the situation where Favre goes under the knife, then 9 weeks later, they can't come to an agreement on a contract.
    [/quote]
    Still wanna bet.....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=52509.msg973861#msg973861 date=1248560754]

startribune.com
    Not worried.
    I bet it isn't.

[/quote]

[/quote]
    Still wanna bet.....
    [/quote]

Actually, yes.
    I'm still willing to bet they had some type of contract agreed upon.
    That was never the issue, nor the reason why he said no.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=52509.msg973863#msg973863 date=1248560999]
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=52509.msg973861#msg973861 date=1248560754]

startribune.com
    Not worried.
    I bet it isn't.

[/quote]

[/quote]
    Still wanna bet.....
    [/quote]

Actually, yes.
    I'm still willing to bet they had some type of contract agreed upon.
    That was never the issue, nor the reason why he said no.
    [/quote]

LNAD - I don't think I can make it through a season.......
    Vikes - We really would have liked to have him.............

You know what that really means........

LNAD - I want more money........
    Vikes - We aren't gonna give you more.......
    LNAD- I will stay retired then.......

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Before you all start panicking... a quick look around the NFC north shows you aren't in foreign territory here.. slow across the league and division..

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/25/signing-status-of-nfc-north-draft-picks/

Pack's two top picks are unsigned 3 days before camp.

"pack93z" wrote:
    Before you all start panicking... a quick look around the NFC north shows you aren't in foreign territory here.. slow across the league and division..

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/25/signing-status-of-nfc-north-draft-picks/

Give it up my friend.
    I am almost convinced that 90% of the posters on this site don't watch any other games or look at any other teams stuff.

They only focus on the Vikings and what the ESPN chuckleheads confince them is reality.

Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:

Give it up my friend.
    I am almost convinced that 90% of the posters on this site don't watch any other games or look at any other teams stuff.

They only focus on the Vikings and what the ESPN chuckleheads confince them is reality.
    You mean other teams have offseasons too?

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:

Give it up my friend.

I think you'd be surprised to know that not only do many of us pay attention to things outside of the Vikings (and football, for that matter) but that we know as much if not more than you.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast