Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41
  1. #11
    tarkenton10's Avatar
    tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,162
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    He was up there in yards because he was thrown to the most times. He had 60 receptions in 8 games. If one was to project that it would have been 120 in 16 games. Only 1 receiver had more receptions than that & it was Calvin Johnson, who had 1,964 yards in 122 receptions.

    More receptions = more yards. Pretty simple. If the passes weren't so short, he'd have averaged more yards per catch & been up there in yards with the likes of other WR's like Johnson, rather than posting averages closer to the top TE's. That's no fault of Percy's BTW.



    And your guess would be wrong again.

    What most of us are looking for are the days were we go more than 0 deep & a WR that can catch, get vertical & get open deep.

    With an offense that can't or doesn't pass more than 10 yards out & receivers like Jenkins & Aromashodu, you're looking at 10-11 defenders in the box on most plays.


    Now that's funny, 11 guys in the box on most plays. So the WR isn't even covered because Ponder can't make it to him mus t be your logic then. 11 guys in the box, thank for that one. ROTL

    There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

  2. #12
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,780
    Quote Originally Posted by midgensa View Post
    That is because they are the old Reebok jerseys you are looking at. The new Nike ones are the same price as almost everyone else (though there are apparently sales on Ponder's for some reason.)

    The current Nike Harvin's are about the same price as Peterson.

    Harvin Minnesota Vikings Jersey - Nike Vikings Jerseys, New Vikings Nike Jersey for 2012 | NFLShop.com

    Peterson Minnesota Vikings Jersey - Nike Vikings Jerseys, New Vikings Nike Jersey for 2012 | NFLShop.com
    Ahh, cool, thanks...I'd forgotten about that manufacturer change.

    I think a trade is a definite possibility, I just hope they can get what he's worth, and that is a lot!! The guy plays three positions and plays them well (WR, RB, KR)...as of Nov. 1st, here's his
    Current Ranks
    ■Leads the League with 1,274 combined yards (rush, rec. and KOR yds.)
    ■Tied for 1st in the NFL with 60 receptions.
    ■Currently 2nd in the NFC in receiving yards with 667 yards.
    ■He is 2nd in the NFL and 1st in the NFC in kickoff return average (35.7).
    That is a whole lot of ass kicking that we would sorely miss if he were gone! We'll need at least 3 picks for him cuz it'll likely take 3 guys to provide what he does on a weekly basis. Can you imagine what he could do on a team like tha Patsies with a QB like Brady!??!??? D'oh!

    Why Harvin is the best offensive player in the NFL
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  3. #13
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    He was up there in yards because he was thrown to the most times. He had 60 receptions in 8 games. If one was to project that it would have been 120 in 16 games. Only 1 receiver had more receptions than that & it was Calvin Johnson, who had 1,964 yards in 122 receptions.

    More receptions = more yards. Pretty simple. If the passes weren't so short, he'd have averaged more yards per catch & been up there in yards with the likes of other WR's like Johnson, rather than posting averages closer to the top TE's. That's no fault of Percy's BTW.



    And your guess would be wrong again.

    What most of us are looking for are the days were we go more than 0 deep & a WR that can catch, get vertical & get open deep.

    With an offense that can't or doesn't pass more than 10 yards out & receivers like Jenkins & Aromashodu, you're looking at 10-11 defenders in the box on most plays.
    And how did that 10 and 11 defenders thing hurt this year?

    AD had his worst games when Percy was on the field and try telling Brady and Welker that you can't put up big yards throwing to a small guy at the line of scrimmage or 5-10 yards beyond. They will call you silly and say you crack them up like I do.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #14
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Tad7 View Post
    Wes Welker's receptions went from 67 to 112 from one season to the next going from Miami to New England. Imagine what Harvin would do there.
    Same thing he was doing here with Ponder throwing to him, or did you miss that he and Welker were basically tied until he got hurt.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #15
    Tad7's Avatar
    Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Same thing he was doing here with Ponder throwing to him, or did you miss that he and Welker were basically tied until he got hurt.
    What? I didn't imply Harvin was ineffective here or anything but Harvin would absolutely be more dangerous with Brady than Ponder. That's all I was saying.

  6. #16
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,219
    Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    [/B]

    Now that's funny, 11 guys in the box on most plays. So the WR isn't even covered because Ponder can't make it to him mus t be your logic then. 11 guys in the box, thank for that one. ROTL
    The WR IS covered. Often times our WR's stay within the box on their pass routes if they're even sent out at all.

    You can believe we send WR's deep on the majority of plays & pose a deep threat if you want to, but that's not the case.

    Out of all of Ponder's completions last year only 16% of them were thrown farther than 10 yards. Less than 2% of them, 5 all year to be exact, were completed for on more than 20 yards throws.

    How far & often do you think teams are keeping their defenders back to protect for that?
    Last edited by singersp; 01-26-2013 at 09:50 AM.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #17
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,780
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    The WR IS covered. Often times our WR's stay within the box on their pass routes if they're even sent out at all.

    You can believe we send WR's deep on the majority of plays & pose a deep threat if you want to, but that's not the case.

    Out of all of Ponder's completions last year only 16% of them were thrown farther than 10 yards. Less than 2% of them, 5 all year to be exact, were completed for on more than 20 yards throws.

    How far & often do you think teams are keeping their defenders back to protect for that?
    Chicken or the egg...True, but is that because we know we don't have a single WR who can beat man coverage, so why try!??? Or do we know that Ponder is so inaccurate downfield that we don't throw deep balls...? Or both. Just saying, might not be the scheme, but the lack of talent to call certain plays.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  8. #18
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,219
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    Chicken or the egg...True, but is that because we know we don't have a single WR who can beat man coverage, so why try!??? Or do we know that Ponder is so inaccurate downfield that we don't throw deep balls...? Or both. Just saying, might not be the scheme, but the lack of talent to call certain plays.
    Both play a part in it. Not only do we know it, but our opponents know it.

    I don't believe it's the scheme in as much as it's Musgrave playing to Ponder's strengths, which is short 5 yard dumps. If Musgrave builds up his confidence there, perhaps he can & will start taking him further out, but if Spielman continues to sign receivers like Jenkins, Aromashodu, Simpson & Carlson Musgrave's hands are tied.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  9. #19
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Tad7 View Post
    What? I didn't imply Harvin was ineffective here or anything but Harvin would absolutely be more dangerous with Brady than Ponder. That's all I was saying.
    Well of course he would. One has a bit more than one years experience, the other, well, could be argued is the best to have played the game at that position.

    And I got your point my friend. I'm just saying that the young kid and Harvin were keeping pace with Welker and the HOF'r is all. Something to consider.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #20
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Both play a part in it. Not only do we know it, but our opponents know it.

    I don't believe it's the scheme in as much as it's Musgrave playing to Ponder's strengths, which is short 5 yard dumps. If Musgrave builds up his confidence there, perhaps he can & will start taking him further out, but if Spielman continues to sign receivers like Jenkins, Aromashodu, Simpson & Carlson Musgrave's hands are tied.
    Its not the scheme? Do you believe Musgrove is a "Chuck it Deep" Coryell guy or a "Dink Dunk" Walsh guy.

    To answer that question go back and look at the thread were I posted numbers of throws (Short vs Deep) when he was the O-coord instead of looking at what the Falcons did when he was the QB coach.

    He threw it short for two reasons.....1. He is that kindof coach and 2. That was the only weapon they had.

    Try to read into it what you will but that is the answer. Not that Ponder can't throw other passes. Absolutely crazy talk to keep believing that..
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •