Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Vikestand is offline Coordinator

Re: Harvin Sick Again

"Snowbowler" wrote:
    "Vikestand" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Snowbowler" wrote:
    "Vikestand" wrote:
    Drop some fluids and you better make the game, or I am going to have to question this teams toughness....
    How can you question the team's toughness when you don't even know what his illness is?
    +1

Sick is sick.
    I would doubt it has to do with toughness.

I guess Kenechi Udeze was not tough enough being that he has leukemia.
    LMAO Difference between having cancer and FLU. If he has cancer then I will feel like a complete donkey butt. But I am sorry I have seen high school kids play with sick stomachs....much less a pro football player getting paid millions....
    Have you really ever truely had the flu?
    And I don't mean that misc., mini flu, stomache bug crap, I mean the real deal.
    You generally are in bed for a week when you have influenza.
    There is a difference in having a sick stomache, and actually being sick.

Do you really think they'd be so worried about H1N1 if it was just a small stomache bug?
    Do you think people would bother waiting in long lines for flu shots just to avoid a simple upset stomache?

Dude I was a sick kid. Got bit by a mouse and a tick in the same week. Welcome lyme disease, rocky mounted spotted fever and something like teuleramia...spelling is off I am sure

Spent two weeks in the hospital with phneumonia

And finally have had the "flu" most people do throughout their life....

Give me a break with this H1N1 shit too, if he has it then fine he has an excuse. But until then he is just being a pansie about it. He has been "sick" twice now in less than what? 3 months?

I'm not trying to rip him , I hope nothing but the best, but for christ sake play through a little sickness/pain(On sunday)

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

"Vikestand" wrote:
    "Snowbowler" wrote:
    "Vikestand" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Snowbowler" wrote:
    [quote author=Vikestand link=topic=53377.msg999120#msg999120 date=1253837994]
    Drop some fluids and you better make the game, or I am going to have to question this teams toughness....
    How can you question the team's toughness when you don't even know what his illness is?
    +1

Sick is sick.

LMAO Difference between having cancer and FLU. If he has cancer then I will feel like a complete donkey butt. But I am sorry I have seen high school kids play with sick stomachs....much less a pro football player getting paid millions....

Do you really think they'd be so worried about H1N1 if it was just a small stomache bug?
    Do you think people would bother waiting in long lines for flu shots just to avoid a simple upset stomache?

Dude I was a sick kid. Got bit by a mouse and a tick in the same week. Welcome lyme disease, rocky mounted spotted fever and something like teuleramia...spelling is off I am sure

Give me a break with this H1N1 pooh too, if he has it then fine he has an excuse. But until then he is just being a pansie about it. He has been "sick" twice now in less than what? 3 months?

I'm not trying to rip him , I hope nothing but the best, but for christ sake play through a little sickness/pain(On sunday)
    [/quote]

Regardless, and back to what I first said, until it's known what he's sick with, it's rediculous to tell him to play through it.
    He's been sick twice in less than 3 months, you're right, but a lot crazier things have happened, and a lot of shit is going around this time of year.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Vikestand" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Snowbowler" wrote:
    "Vikestand" wrote:
    +1

Sick is sick.

LMAO Difference between having cancer and FLU. If he has cancer then I will feel like a complete asshole. But I am sorry I have seen high school kids play with sick stomachs....much less a pro football player getting paid millions....
    Ok.
    What is one of the best remedies for recovering from sickness?

REST!!!

Do you want the rest of the team infected?

And we saw Jordan play in the finals sick.

I highly doubt a touted rookie trying to make a name for himself on a 2-0 team is pulling something funny.
    And, you question the toughness of the team?
    That's being way too critical.

VikesFan787 is offline Coordinator

"Vikestand" wrote:
    "Snowbowler" wrote:
    "Vikestand" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Snowbowler" wrote:
    [quote author=Vikestand link=topic=53377.msg999120#msg999120 date=1253837994]
    +1

Sick is sick.

Give me a break with this H1N1 shit too, if he has it then fine he has an excuse. But until then he is just being a pansie about it. He has been "sick" twice now in less than what? 3 months?

[/quote]

Next time you call off of work for being sick I am tearing you a new a$$ hole.
    "Sick, SICK, your telling me your SICK"

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

lol, H1N1

Do some research, find out hte population of the country with H1N1, and the population with the regular old flu.
    See how many the H1N1 killed and what their prior conditions, now see how many the regular flu has killed.
    I'd be more concerned about them getting mosquito bites at practice and getting west nile than I would worry about the H1N1

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    lol, H1N1

Do some research, find out hte population of the country with H1N1, and the population with the regular old flu.
    See how many the H1N1 killed and what their prior conditions, now see how many the regular flu has killed.
    I'd be more concerned about them getting mosquito bites at practice and getting west nile than I would worry about the H1N1
    Moving off conjecture to reality, the current mutation of H1N1 is not of great concern except to a few.
    We expect a continual effort of the usual 6% or 30,000 deaths from regular flu....with about .5% for H1N1 against already compromised individuals or the very young.

This means little.
    The H1N1 could mutate and thats the fuss.
    Is it likely?
    Hard to say.
    Mostly, the media loves the story out of shortage of summer stories with this flu being out of cycle.

It *could* go nasty.
    It hasn't yet as predicted.
    Good hygiene is still important and common sense shit such as staying home with the flu will be helpful.
    Businesses worrying about good failover plans for large outages of workers is always good and this is finally media-heavy enough to make them worry about what they should worry about.

But today isn't a real threat.
    At the same time, don't go coughing in other's faces and being a general dickwad.
    Until it mutates, its a benign issue for most folks.

This is subject to change.
    If Harvin has it, he will be fine enough to play.
    I know how it plays out.
    I had it.

The old issue of the swine flu shot from the 70's killing more than those actually infected also shouldn't be used as a catalyst not to take a flu shot + swine shot if you feel concerned.
    It is much safer today and you can practice good common sense *at this point* and not feel out of control.

Vikestand is offline Coordinator

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    lol, H1N1

+1

Tens of thousands have died from the regular flu, and what 500 from "swine flu"...

Anyways, I was just saying for him to suck it up come game time. Dad has worked for MODOT for 40+ years and has never called in sick. Puke, rain or shine, you do your job.......No sympathy from this guy...

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Webby" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    lol, H1N1

Moving off conjecture to reality, the current mutation of H1N1 is not of great concern except to a few.

We expect a continual effort of the usual 6% or 30,000 deaths from regular flu....with about .5% for H1N1 against already compromised individuals or the very young.

This means little.
    The H1N1 could mutate and thats the fuss.
    Is it likely?
    Hard to say.
    Mostly, the media loves the story out of shortage of summer stories with this flu being out of cycle.

It *could* go nasty.
    It hasn't yet as predicted.
    Good hygiene is still important and common sense shit such as staying home with the flu will be helpful.

Businesses worrying about good failover plans for large outages of workers is always good and this is finally media-heavy enough to make them worry about what they should worry about.

But today isn't a real threat.

At the same time, don't go coughing in other's faces and being a general dickwad.
    Until it mutates, its a benign issue for most folks.

This is subject to change.

If Harvin has it, he will be fine enough to play.

I know how it plays out.
    I had it.

The old issue of the swine flu shot from the 70's killing more than those actually infected also shouldn't be used as a catalyst not to take a flu shot + swine shot if you feel concerned.
    It is much safer today and you can practice good common sense *at this point* and not feel out of control.
    LMAO!

I could see a doctor:

"Ok Mr. Johnson...take 2 of these pills daily, get plenty of rest, and last and most important....don't be a general dickwad!"

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

If he's sick, he damn well SHOULD stay away from the rest of the team because one thing we're seeing with H1N1 is that it tends to transmit fairly easily (it's not as serious/virulent)... This stuff has been going off like a bomb on particular units where I work.
    I imagine those in a football practice would have similar exposure levels..... better safe than sorry.

And be thankful it's not as serious as the seasonal influenza A...

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

FresnoViking is offline Waterboy

Man I hope percy gets well!! He is our touchdown maker at Wr!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast