Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Harvin proved hard to tackle

#4kicksA$$ wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    #4kicksA$$ wrote:
    Marr,can you post in ANY thread and not rip on Favre. It will be interesting as hell to see your qb comments if Brett doesn't come back.
    Nope, absolutely despise the guy. Can't stand him, never will. By the way, there are lots of posts of mine that show my stance if the Noodle doesn't show up.....

On a side note, how is that stance any different than cats who hack on Tahi, Cook, Shanc, TJ etc. What would I find if I searched your name vs, say TJ?
    Well the big difference in hacking on TJ,Shanc,Cook,and others is that they pretty much suck and could be easily replaced. You can't say it's going to be easy to replace Favre,well you can say it,but you know it won't.
    I can think of one play were I think most would agree, he should have been replaced......
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    well, back on that one point.

I see profootballfocus and football outsiders are good for concrete, indisputable stats, such as targets, catch%, etc. The only drop stats I can find are on profootballfocus, and I can tell you right now, there's no way its right for Berrian.

I've taken a look, and I think Football Outsiders is much better than PFF. FOotball outsiders uses legitimate stats and percentages, based on real stats. PFF has some madeup, weird stats, ratings, and wildly inaccurate stats such as drops. (Can't comment on the missed tackles at this moment)

Profootballfocus claims Berrian only dropped 3 balls, and never multiple balls in the same game...

I recall, vs. the bears he had about 3, he tipped up Favre's first interception of the
    Well, he had 3 based on your criteria for drops.
    My criteria for a drop is hitting you in the hands, but you somehow don't catch it. If its a catchable ball, and you don't catch it, its a drop. You see, Berrian didn't get balls knocked away. I could understand maybe not counting that as a drop. He just flat out didn't catch the ball for a while. More than 3, we all know it here. You're just arguing that point for the sake of having something to do.
    First, I don't argue.....Second, your catching on my friend.

On a side note, I don't cotton to the cliche' "If it hits his hands he should have caught it".

There are alot of instances were recievers had to turn thier body and try to catch a ball behind them in full gallop. For them to just get thier hands back for the ball is a feat in and of itself and does not constitute a drop my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

I see profootballfocus and football outsiders are good for concrete, indisputable stats, such as targets, catch%, etc. The only drop stats I can find are on profootballfocus, and I can tell you right now, there's no way its right for Berrian.

I've taken a look, and I think Football Outsiders is much better than PFF. FOotball outsiders uses legitimate stats and percentages, based on real stats. PFF has some madeup, weird stats, ratings, and wildly inaccurate stats such as drops. (Can't comment on the missed tackles at this moment)

Profootballfocus claims Berrian only dropped 3 balls, and never multiple balls in the same game...

I recall, vs. the bears he had about 3, he tipped up Favre's first interception of the
    My criteria for a drop is hitting you in the hands, but you somehow don't catch it. If its a catchable ball, and you don't catch it, its a drop. You see, Berrian didn't get balls knocked away. I could understand maybe not counting that as a drop. He just flat out didn't catch the ball for a while. More than 3, we all know it here. You're just arguing that point for the sake of having something to do.

On a side note, I don't cotton to the cliche' "If it hits his hands he should have caught it".

There are alot of instances were recievers had to turn thier body and try to catch a ball behind them in full gallop. For them to just get thier hands back for the ball is a feat in and of itself and does not constitute a drop my friend.
    Yet, Berrian wasn't victim to those drops.

I realize there are some exceptions, sometimes a ball is just too high,ant he best you can do is get half a finger on it. That can be understood. Berrian dropped some easy ones, I know you know that.

The first one, favre's first intercepiton. It was high, but not too high to catch. I just don't think he saw it coming until too late. I have a feeling that was the case for some other balls too.

It goes with what Sid said, that even if the play is not designed to go to you, you can still get the ball, since Favre really spreads it around alot. You can't ever take a play off, and I think it took a while for Berrian to get on board with that, since he missed so much early on.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

I realize there are some exceptions, sometimes a ball is just too high,ant he best you can do is get half a finger on it. That can be understood. Berrian dropped some easy ones, I know you know that.

The first one, favre's first intercepiton. It was high, but not too high to catch. I just don't think he saw it coming until too late. I have a feeling that was the case for some other balls too.

It goes with what Sid said, that even if the play is not designed to go to you, you can still get the ball, since Favre really spreads it around alot. You can't ever take a play off, and I think it took a while for Berrian to get on board with that, since he missed so much early on.
    Lets not forget that in the WCO the QB is to throw the ball to a spot, often before the reciever gets there.

I think that is what you are describing. Doesn't mean he was taking the play off, just means he and the Noodle didn't have thier "Timing" down.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

Lets not forget that in the WCO the QB is to throw the ball to a spot, often before the reciever gets there.

I think that is what you are describing. Doesn't mean he was taking the play off, just means he and the Noodle didn't have thier "Timing" down.
    Somewhat. Rice admitted at the beginning of the season and preseason, if he thought he wasn't getting the ball, he perhaps wouldn't be ready and looking for it. He learned once a couple balls bounced off the back of his helmet that he needs to be prepared to make a catch on every single play.

Its not so much taking a play off, as opposed to just not being ready for a catch.

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

What happen to this thread? One that giving kudos to Harvin for being a hard ass runner after the catch, to either a Favre thread or a BB bashing thread.

Back to the topic, Harvin was a steal, will be even a bigger play guy this year, will draw more attention from LB's down low, hopefully opening up running lanes for AD/TG.

I can't wait to see what Harvin does for an encore.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

gagarr wrote:
    What happen to this thread? One that giving kudos to Harvin for being a hard ass runner after the catch, to either a Favre thread or a BB bashing thread.

Back to the topic, Harvin was a steal, will be even a bigger play guy this year, will draw more attention from LB's down low, hopefully opening up running lanes for AD/TG.

You know that threads tend to wander a bit on PPO. Truth of the matter is, some of the best discussions we've had on here have been in threads that went off on a tangent.

And yes, he was a steal.

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman

Marrdro wrote:
    #4kicksA$$ wrote:
    Marr,can you post in ANY thread and not rip on Favre. It will be interesting as hell to see your qb comments if Brett doesn't come back.
    Nope, absolutely despise the guy. Can't stand him, never will. By the way, there are lots of posts of mine that show my stance if the Noodle doesn't show up.....

On a side note, how is that stance any different than cats who hack on Tahi, Cook, Shanc, TJ etc. What would I find if I searched your name vs, say TJ?
    The difference is that Favre is a HOF player who took an offense from what 19 or 21 something like that to 9. Who made our offense scary. Those other players did not affect our O the same way that Favre did. They are players that one can understand why someone does not like their play. It is hard to understand looking at Favre's play last year and having ANY problems with it, that is the difference. Name one of those p[layers that have raised our offense in numbers the way that Favre did and I will then say you are correct.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Purple Floyd wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    #4kicksA$$ wrote:

UffDa. I can't believe you would throw that one out there.
    Shank is serviceable, the rest are disposable. My name would show up in that search I would imagine.
    Who talks bad about Shank? He's a huge weapon on our offense, ya he sucked his first couple years but he's a beast now. Ya tahi cook and tj all suck, obviously favre plays much better than any of them.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

gagarr wrote:

Favrrdro the Hobbit couldn't restrain himself. It has been a while though, I'm sure he needed to ooze a little to keep his sanity.

If Harvin can control his migraines, he is one great asset to our club. One tough sumbitch.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast