Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Harvin proved hard to tackle

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    As I was clicking the link, I said to myself "this better not be a bleacher article"

Turns out I can't open it, so I'll never know whether its worth my time to read or not.
    Hmmmmm, its "Access Vikings" stuff that I post all the time.
    just the title made me question it. "Harvin proved hard to tackle" Well no shit... haha

Now I'm wondering just what they could possibly write about. Mentioning times Harvin broke tackles, then what?

Any speculation on the role next season, or simply stating what everyone knows, harvin's a little tank.
    They quote Peter King's MMQB who quotes Football Outsiders to the fact that Harvin led all NFL WRs in broken tackles last year (where a broken tackle is defined as either when the defender has the ball-carrier wrapped up or when the ball-carrier uses a move to deke a tackler out of his jock).

=Z=
    LOL, you just lost him with the Football Outsiders stats. He discounts them.....
    I'll have to take a look. If they prove to be wildly inaccurate like the site you got the 3 drops for berrian stat, then yes, I'll discount it.
    I use alot of sites, but mostly Profootballfocus and Football Outsiders for details, NFL.com for general stuff.

Almost all, agree on thier stats with very little variance so if you don't like one, you don't like any of them. At least thats my assumption.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

well, back on that one point.

I see profootballfocus and football outsiders are good for concrete, indisputable stats, such as targets, catch%, etc. The only drop stats I can find are on profootballfocus, and I can tell you right now, there's no way its right for Berrian.

I've taken a look, and I think Football Outsiders is much better than PFF. FOotball outsiders uses legitimate stats and percentages, based on real stats. PFF has some madeup, weird stats, ratings, and wildly inaccurate stats such as drops. (Can't comment on the missed tackles at this moment)

Profootballfocus claims Berrian only dropped 3 balls, and never multiple balls in the same game...

I recall, vs. the bears he had about 3, he tipped up Favre's first interception of the

#4kicksA$$ is offline Training Camp

Marr,can you post in ANY thread and not rip on Favre. It will be interesting as hell to see your qb comments if Brett doesn't come back.

i_bleed_purple wrote:

I see profootballfocus and football outsiders are good for concrete, indisputable stats, such as targets, catch%, etc. The only drop stats I can find are on profootballfocus, and I can tell you right now, there's no way its right for Berrian.

I've taken a look, and I think Football Outsiders is much better than PFF. FOotball outsiders uses legitimate stats and percentages, based on real stats. PFF has some madeup, weird stats, ratings, and wildly inaccurate stats such as drops. (Can't comment on the missed tackles at this moment)

Profootballfocus claims Berrian only dropped 3 balls, and never multiple balls in the same game...

I recall, vs. the bears he had about 3, he tipped up Favre's first interception of the
    Well, he had 3 based on your criteria for drops.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

#4kicksA$$ wrote:
    Marr,can you post in ANY thread and not rip on Favre. It will be interesting as hell to see your qb comments if Brett doesn't come back.
    Nope, absolutely despise the guy. Can't stand him, never will. By the way, there are lots of posts of mine that show my stance if the Noodle doesn't show up.....

On a side note, how is that stance any different than cats who hack on Tahi, Cook, Shanc, TJ etc. What would I find if I searched your name vs, say TJ?

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

Well, he had 3 based on your criteria for drops.
    My criteria for a drop is hitting you in the hands, but you somehow don't catch it. If its a catchable ball, and you don't catch it, its a drop. You see, Berrian didn't get balls knocked away. I could understand maybe not counting that as a drop. He just flat out didn't catch the ball for a while. More than 3, we all know it here. You're just arguing that point for the sake of having something to do.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    #4kicksA$$ wrote:
    Nope, absolutely despise the guy. Can't stand him, never will. By the way, there are lots of posts of mine that show my stance if the Noodle doesn't show up.....

On a side note, how is that stance any different than cats who hack on Tahi, Cook, Shanc, TJ etc. What would I find if I searched your name vs, say TJ?

UffDa. I can't believe you would throw that one out there.
    Shank is serviceable, the rest are disposable. My name would show up in that search I would imagine.

#4kicksA$$ is offline Training Camp

Marrdro wrote:
    #4kicksA$$ wrote:

Well the big difference in hacking on TJ,Shanc,Cook,and others is that they pretty much suck and could be easily replaced. You can't say it's going to be easy to replace Favre,well you can say it,but you know it won't.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    #4kicksA$$ wrote:

The difference, my little hobbit, are that MY opinion is rooted in on-field performance, whereas yours is rooted entirely in anti-Packer rhetoric and appears to get more vehement and fanciful as his on-field performance continues to prove you wrong.

B)

Caine

Caine wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    #4kicksA$$ wrote:

The difference, my little hobbit, are that MY opinion is rooted in on-field performance, whereas yours is rooted entirely in anti-Packer rhetoric and appears to get more vehement and fanciful as his on-field performance continues to prove you wrong.

B)

Caine
    LOL, been called alot of things, but never a Hobbit, which by he way, is a much more interesting character than said Noodle.......

And yes, my disdain for the man has nothing to do with his performance on the field as a Viking but rather, what he did to me over the years when he was a PUKER....

Not sure if that is some sort of revelation for you. I have been pretty vocal about my stance on this.

On a side note, I have been called Thorin a couple of times. Mostly cause I tend to be mean and grumbly every once in awhile. Go figure huh.... :P

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast