Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    kspurplepride is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Harvin is the only Viking deserving of Pro Bowl

Realistically Henderson is just as deserving as Greenway

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Ok. Maybe Greenway too. But otherwise, heck no. And that includes AP.
    We're bringing purple back.

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by "gregair13" #1080166
    What three running backs in the NFC do you think are better than Peterson. I can't think of a single one who is even close. Michael Turner maybe?
    Frank Gore has quite a few receptions I guess. Both have more touches for less yards and less touchdowns with more fumbles than Peterson though. So who is #3?

Edit: Steven Jackson would be number three in AD-doesn't-deserve-to-make-the-pro-bowl-land. Although again, more touches, lower yards per rush, lower yards per catch, less receiving yards, less rushing yards, less touchdowns, etc.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Randy Moss" #1080167
    What three running backs in the NFC do you think are better than Peterson. I can't think of a single one who is even close. Michael Turner maybe?
    Frank Gore has quite a few receptions I guess. Both have more touches for less yards and less touchdowns with more fumbles than Peterson though. So who is #3?

Edit: Steven Jackson would be number three in AD-doesn't-deserve-to-make-the-pro-bowl-land. Although again, more touches, lower yards per rush, lower yards per catch, less receiving yards, less rushing yards, less touchdowns, etc.
    AP deserves to be there this year. He is right up there for the lead in yardage and he has cut back dramatically with his fumbles. He's even laid a couple of people out this year blocking but that still needs a lot of work.

Anyway, he has his best year as a pro as far as I'm concerned. At least as being an all around back. He deserves to make it this year.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1080169

AP deserves to be there this year. He is right up there for the lead in yardage and he has cut back dramatically with his fumbles. He's even laid a couple of people out this year blocking but that still needs a lot of work.

Anyway, he has his best year as a pro as far as I'm concerned. At least as being an all around back. He deserves to make it this year.
    FYI, an "all around" back is a RB that can block well also. Not one that can just catch & run well.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Greenie for sure.

Snow...AW? No way.

Kluwe possible and AD as well.

Harv is a beast.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1080171
    Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1080169

FYI, an "all around" back is a RB that can block well also. Not one that can just catch & run well.
    I think out of everyone on PPO I know that since I am usually the one harping against AP and taking the heat for it because I don't believe he is the best all around back in the NFL.

But my actual point was that this was his best year as a pro as far as being that all around back. Why? Because he's not fumbling as much, he's running with a purpose, he's catching well out of the backfield (even though he has had a few drops) and blocking better. He still needs a lot of work in the blocking department but he's doing better than he has in previous years. Hence, my statement that this is his best year as an all around back.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Mark_The_Viking" #1079952
    Quote Originally Posted by "KrackerJack" #1079942
    Greenway.
    +1 and Kluwe
    Was I the only one yesterday who was thrown off by the Chris Kluwe/Chris Cooley stuff on the broadcast?

Kluwe does deserve the NFC Punter nod, BTW.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Ad will make it. I would love to see Winfield get back there, but that is unlikely. You know Hutch will make it by name alone. After last years debacle no way Big Mac makes it. We may only get two in, unless some people really start to tear things up.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "VKG4LFE" #1080439
    Ad will make it. I would love to see Winfield get back there, but that is unlikely. You know Hutch will make it by name alone. After last years debacle no way Big Mac makes it. We may only get two in, unless some people really start to tear things up.
    No love for Kluwe. That's just wrong.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast