Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Chazz is offline Coordinator

Re: Harvin is the only Viking deserving of Pro Bowl

AD is a sure bet. Greenway damn sure should be in, but I'm not so sure he will. Kluwe is very deserving and will likely get in. Harvin, as hard as he plays and as valuable as he is to us, simply does not have the numbers to get in.

Three players that would be a joke to be there this year are Allen, Williams, and Williams. Although it wouldn't surprise me to see Jared and Kevin in on namesake.

Scoot is offline Training Camp

There’s no doubt that Percy Harvin is a very important and great player, just like Taylor was last year. When Peterson is not in he’s the other play maker. He’s numbers are not there because he’s versatile and they use him that way. If he don’t make the Pro Bowl I hope the Vikings rethink how they use him and help him get there next year or they’ll lose him like they did Taylor.
    SCOOT28

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

I don't understand why some of you think Chris Cluwe is likely to go to the Pro Bowl this season. Cluwe is a no-name outside the Vikings community. Plus, he doesn't have the statistics. If it was up to me then I would like to see him go to the Pro Bowl, but it likely won't happen.

What I'm even more confused about is why some of you believe Bryant McKinnie should go to the Pro Bowl. There are far better offensive tackles than McKinnie in the league. Also, nobody has even mentioned Steve Hutchinson who is more deserving. Honestly, none of the offensive linemen deserve to go to the Pro Bowl. They can't protect the QB and they can't open holes for the RB. It's a miracle that Adrian Peterson can lead the NFC every year with our line.

Just imagine how Adrian would do with the Titan's offensive line! I see the Titans O-line open up bigger holes than Paris Hilton's hoo-hah.

Scoot is offline Training Camp

Quote Originally Posted by "HEY" #1079965
    I don't understand why some of you think Chris Cluwe is likely to go to the Pro Bowl this season. Cluwe is a no-name outside the Vikings community. Plus, he doesn't have the statistics. If it was up to me then I would like to see him go to the Pro Bowl, but it likely won't happen.

What I'm even more confused about is why some of you believe Bryant McKinnie should go to the Pro Bowl. There are far better offensive tackles than McKinnie in the league. Also, nobody has even mentioned Steve Hutchinson who is more deserving. Honestly, none of the offensive linemen deserve to go to the Pro Bowl. They can't protect the QB and they can't open holes for the RB. It's a miracle that Adrian Peterson can lead the NFC every year with our line.

Just imagine how Adrian would do with the Titan's offensive line! I see the Titans O-line open up bigger holes than Paris Hilton's hoo-hah.

Well said! Vikings with the Titan's line would be undefeated. and Farve may only have one interception, maybe???
    SCOOT28

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Hutch might make it on name sake, but Allen, Williams and Williams won't.

I think the points made in the above posts ring true, Harvin's numbers may never be to pro bowl levels, he needs a stellar performance from the start of the season to the end with many highlights to get voted in as a position player as opposed to special teams.

Harvin at one point last year was on pace to 1000 yards, probably would have if he didn't have migraine issues. But that was with a QB that had the best season of his career and 4202 yds passing.

BF last year was at 262 yds/gm, this year 227 yds/gm

pH last year was at 52.7 yds/gm, this year 59.5 yds/gm

On a brighter note, Harvin has the ability to put up better numbers this year and show growth from his Rookie year to his Sophomore year, NO sophomore slump. Last year, pH only played 15 games, this year, he can play 16 games.

Progression
    .....Games..Rec...Yds...Avg.../GM...Lng...TDs...20+..40+..1st..1st%..Fum
    2009...15.... 60... 790... 13.2.. 52.7.. 51T.... 6.... 12.... 3.... 42.. 70.0... 1
    2010... 10.... 46... 595... 12.9.. 59.5.. 53T.... 4.... 11.... 1.... 26.. 56.5... 0

Projection 2010
    .....Games..Rec...Yds...Avg.../GM...Lng...TDs
    2010...16....74...955...12.9..59.5..53T....7

I hope he brings his averages up and can make the 1000 yard mark.

Harvin's kick return numbers look similar, his average is down from 27 per return last year to 23 this year. He will have more yards and more returns by the end of the season even though the averages are down. He has a promising future in Purple!

dfosterf is offline Coach

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1079953
    I've said it earlier this year. Greenway doesn't get noticed or get the accolades he very much deserves, as evidenced by the first post.

Not only does he lead the Vikings in tackles, but he is 2nd IN THE LEAGUE in solo tackles, in assisted tackles & in combined tackles.

For him to be not nominated to the Pro Bowl, would be a travesty.

But then again, you have to consider who's voting.

When it comes to defensive players, many, if not most, erroneously judge/grade a player based solely on the number of INT's he has, the number of fumbles he causes and/or the number of QB sacks he has.

BTW, Harvin might make it based on popularity, but not by stats. He only has 596 yards receiving (28th in the league) 4 TDs (tied for 28th in the league) & 46 receptions (tied for 29th in the league)
    I notice Greenway. One of my ff leagues has a LB. He is the only Viking I play. Of course I'd play AD if I could get him.

AD and Greenway--- That's what a Puker fan sees.

Percy a casualty of the w-l record, so no Percy.

imo

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Kluwe has been the best punter in football this year and he HAS been noticed by the media; I do think he will get the nod.

AD will make it in, and Greenway deserves to make it. I agree B-Mac is playing better than last year but I don't think he will make it after the proverbial bitch-slap he gave voters last year....

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

I think AP and CG deserve to go. Harvin would go only if it is the ST representative. Klewe actually has a chance too. He has had his best year as a pro and I don't know of many other punters doing better this year.

McKinnie doesn't deserve it. He's had a decent season but probowl worthy? I don't think so. Especially after what he pulled last year. I'm surprised he was even nomintated this year. That's about the extent of this year's Viking pro-bowlers.

realistic WRs in pro-bowl based on production......

AFC
    Lloyd, Owens, Wayne, A.Johnson, M.Wallace, Bowe

NFC
    R.White, Colston, C.Johnson, Nicks, Austin, Jennings

Not all these guys can go, got to cut it down, Harvin doesn't make this list as a WR. Harvin would have to AVG 100/game and like 2 TDs/game to get enough credit at this late date.

Quote Originally Posted by "ThorSPL" #1079975
    Kluwe has been the best punter in football this year and he HAS been noticed by the media; I do think he will get the nod.

AD will make it in, and Greenway deserves to make it. I agree B-Mac is playing better than last year but I don't think he will make it after the proverbial bitch-slap he gave voters last year....
    True! That was a diss! I heard PA interview B.Mac and he threw that at him in the kindest of ways, B.Mac didn't really want to hear about his action to skip ProBowl last year. Supposedly, it was played off as he was not healthy, banged up.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast