Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re:Harvin not practicing - Williams/Edwards also o

Anyone know if there's been an update on the Harvin/Edwards situation?

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Midge Resurrected wrote:
    Zeus wrote:
    NodakPaul wrote:
    Zeke0123 wrote:
    Hello Dolphins fan here but not really here to talk football tho I do wish you luck ..as a 32 year migrain sufferer I was wondering IF percy has a twitter or facebook page..I tried every perscription over the counter med known to man but I found a doctor wh perscribed me "Toprol" its for bloodpressure but they found that migrains also got cured by this medication.. you have to take it daily but for someone like percy its probably worth a try but its not a "known" treatment by most doctors...my frequency went for 3-4 times a month to maybe once twice a year and its generally only when ive missed a day of taking the pill.

Just trying to spread the word about this drug to migrain sufferers as it has made a significant difference for my quality of life.
    Perhaps our resident doctor can weigh in with his opinion on this, but I have heard about Toprol, and if I am not mistaken, it can put your head in a cloud - not exactly the type of condition that a WR needs to be in on a daily basis.

I would also be willing to bet that the doctors at the Mayo Clinic have at least heard of this. Could be good information for other people who suffer though.
    Not trying to cause controversy, but I think it's more than a little interesting that Harvin's migraines seem to have gotten worse now that he's subject to increased drug testing by the NFL and, presumably, cannot smoke the ganja any longer.

=Z=
    Oh, there is no controversy there.

There is plenty of thought that marijuana for medical purposes helps with certain issues, including migraines.

I have suffered migraines simply from high blood pressure. And never anything of the severe, cripple me for an entire day type. But my brother gets those.

He is very anti-drugs, but has been told directly by a doctor (off the record of course) that should his migraines continue he may want to consider the use of marijuana to see if it helps.
    I agree. I don't doubt at all that marijuana use in college helped stave off the migraines. If you think about it, he knew the day of his drug test nearly three months in advance, yet still failed it. He is either a complete moron, or he had some pretty good motiviation for smoking despite the high chance of failing. And I don't think he is a moron.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

Marijuana heals all wounds. And I agree with you Nodak. This certainly would add some justification for him failing his test. I've never had a migraine but I heard they are hell and really affect your life. But I just think if that was why he was smoking, maybe he would have revealed that he did so to impede the effects of his migraines. It sure would have smoothed things over by explaining that to all those teams that were contemplating drafting him earlier.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

oaklandzoo24 wrote:
    Marijuana heals all wounds. And I agree with you Nodak. This certainly would add some justification for him failing his test. I've never had a migraine but I heard they are hell and really affect your life. But I just think if that was why he was smoking, maybe he would have revealed that he did so to impede the effects of his migraines. It sure would have smoothed things over by explaining that to all those teams that were contemplating drafting him earlier.
    I have only had "minor" ones and they are awful. I would literally rather break my arm and deal with that if it meant I knew I would NEVER have another small migraine.

As I stated, my brother gets the bad ones, and I cannot even imagine what it is like. It completely cripples him, sometimes for days at a time.
    None

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

Re:Harvin not practicing - Williams/Edwards also out

The word now is that flying can make his migraines worse. Let AP drive him to the Big Easy.

Holmstrom is offline Rookie

I've only had a migrane headache twice. Once when I was in elementary school and one this past summer. They are terrible. I couldn't even lift my head off the pillow w/out being in crazy pain and getting unbelievably nauseaous. Terrible feeling.

I hope Percy can go. We really need all recievrs healthy.
    None

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

oaklandzoo24 wrote:
    Does make you wonder.
    It could also be that he feared his stock would drop even more if teams knew he was taking it for migrains. Since the migrains aren't likely to disapear there is a good chance that he could end up smoking again and get suspended for it.

If he says it's second hand and it will never happen again teams might be more likely to take a chance.

Really all speculation at this point. If he really was smoking for migrain relief he could become the poster child for medicinal marijuana. Some super bowl coverage could really bring alot of awareness to the issue. I don't think Percy is the type that would want that kind of attention though, another reason he may not have went public with the reason he smoked. Just speculating.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

PackSux! wrote:
    The word now is that flying can make his migraines worse. Let AP drive him to the Big Easy.
    I'll drive him, for a ticket! B)

Zeke0123 is offline Waterboy

He cant fly...he cant be driven..when you have a migrain getting up off the bed to pee is a test of your willpower and one you know is going to cost you.

I usually have them for 24 hours more or less if he has them for a days on end I truely feel sorry for him.
    None

fanofteam is offline Starter

Either people started to bet NO heavy or something is up as my offshore book just moved the line to NO -4 in the last 2 hours

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast