Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 137
  1. #101
    azuquita8's Avatar
    azuquita8 is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    10

    Re: Percy Harvin a no-show at rookie minicamp

    Here's whatthe Gator-beat blog writer at the Palm Beach Post had to say: http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/c..._hospital.html

  2. #102
    PurpleTide's Avatar
    PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,210

    Re: Percy Harvin a no-show at rookie minicamp


    That's alot of pressure, and excitment for anybody, no wonder his imune system got overloaded. All that emotion of realizing your dream, running yourself ragged, combined with flying in those enclosed germ trap airplanes caught up with Percy.

  3. #103
    DaunteHOF is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,096

    Re: Percy Harvin a no-show at rookie minicamp

    are we gonna regret this pick already?
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

  4. #104
    jdvike's Avatar
    jdvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,440

    Re: Percy Harvin a no-show at rookie minicamp

    "AKViking" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "hav0x" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    "AKViking" wrote:
    Hmmm...was he "severely dehydrated" because he was afraid he'd have to pee in a cup? Sounds like stoner logic:"Dude.. just like don't drink any water.. then you won't be able to pee, and the man can't bust on you for tokin the herb." Maybe he is hoping the IV will flush his system of the evidence. Not saying that was the case, however... If you are so dependent on pot and/or so stupid as not to smoke when you KNOW you are going to be tested, you leave yourself open for this kind of speculation. That said, I certainly hope this isn't the case. Just have my doubts, seeing that stoners aren't known for their intellect or logic.
    Pretty much one of the dumbest post I've ever read on here...congrats.

    I concur, I was just about to post about how stupid it was.
    1) There have been stupider posts.
    For instance, this was WAAAY stupider:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Don't sell Williamson short.
    Yeah, he was intended to be a deep threat, and his speed was one of his greatest assets, but that doesn't mean that he won't be able to preform under a West Coast style offense.
    His speed can still be a big factor, just more after the catch than before it.

    I think Williamson was the right pick for the Vikings at the time.
    And I will wait and see how he fits into the new offense.
    2) We have all made stupid posts.
    There is no need to be insulting about it.
    Those who live in glass houses...
    LoL! Thanks Nodak, but I don't feel insulted. Some people just can't handle stereotypes that are based upon reality.
    My post was meant to be more of a joke. I'm quite certain that the people most offended were stoners, and didn't like being called logic and intellect deficient. To them I apologize if I hurt their feelings...relax...take another hit... sit on your parents couch and order another pizza!

    ;D
    Wow a modern day Archie Bunker...you sure are hung up on stereotypes.

    I found your first post quite amusing, you attacking stoners for lacking intellect and logic, when your post was clearly lacking in both qualities...was it meant to be a joke?....Hmmmm I wonder...judging from your last post, I have my doubts.

    That being said...I own my own house(and couch). I don't really like pizza, and I am not a stoner...so you got anymore theories?
    ;D




  5. #105
    El Vikingo's Avatar
    El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,358

    Re: Percy Harvin a no-show at rookie minicamp

    "DaunteHOF" wrote:
    are we gonna regret this pick already?
    Good thing Harvin can run and return cause as long as we have Tarvarias or Rosencopter throwing the ball,our aerial attack is not a real threat to anyone
    El underdog.

  6. #106
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: Percy Harvin a no-show at rookie minicamp

    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]Harvin headed home following hospital stay[/size]

    startribune.com

    Last update: May 2, 2009 - 11:28 PM


    Vikings first-round pick Percy Harvin was released from an Atlanta hospital Saturday, two days after being admitted because of extreme dehydration and a virus. Harvin will return to his Florida home to recuperate....


    Is he expected to miss any of the regular season?
    Just 4 games!
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  7. #107
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Percy Harvin a no-show at rookie minicamp

    "DaunteHOF" wrote:
    are we gonna regret this pick already?
    Why are you coming to a conclusion because a person was ill?

  8. #108
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: Percy Harvin a no-show at rookie minicamp

    OH NO, he was sick. FIRE HIM!


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

  9. #109
    Vikes_King's Avatar
    Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,104

    Re: Percy Harvin a no-show at rookie minicamp

    "DaunteHOF" wrote:
    are we gonna regret this pick already?
    Yup, release him.
    How dare he get sick after a grueling couple of weeks being worked out 2+ times a day by several different teams and flying on 16 flights with (presumably) little time to rest.


    What a pussy.


    http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

    "We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

    - Dan Calabrese

  10. #110
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,599
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Percy Harvin a no-show at rookie minicamp

    "jdvike" wrote:
    "AKViking" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "hav0x" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    [quote author=AKViking link=topic=51719.msg943194#msg943194 date=1241228192]
    Hmmm...was he "severely dehydrated" because he was afraid he'd have to pee in a cup? Sounds like stoner logic:"Dude.. just like don't drink any water.. then you won't be able to pee, and the man can't bust on you for tokin the herb." Maybe he is hoping the IV will flush his system of the evidence. Not saying that was the case, however... If you are so dependent on pot and/or so stupid as not to smoke when you KNOW you are going to be tested, you leave yourself open for this kind of speculation. That said, I certainly hope this isn't the case. Just have my doubts, seeing that stoners aren't known for their intellect or logic.
    Pretty much one of the dumbest post I've ever read on here...congrats.

    I concur, I was just about to post about how stupid it was.
    1) There have been stupider posts.
    For instance, this was WAAAY stupider:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Don't sell Williamson short.
    Yeah, he was intended to be a deep threat, and his speed was one of his greatest assets, but that doesn't mean that he won't be able to preform under a West Coast style offense.
    His speed can still be a big factor, just more after the catch than before it.

    I think Williamson was the right pick for the Vikings at the time.
    And I will wait and see how he fits into the new offense.
    2) We have all made stupid posts.
    There is no need to be insulting about it.
    Those who live in glass houses...
    LoL! Thanks Nodak, but I don't feel insulted. Some people just can't handle stereotypes that are based upon reality.
    My post was meant to be more of a joke. I'm quite certain that the people most offended were stoners, and didn't like being called logic and intellect deficient. To them I apologize if I hurt their feelings...relax...take another hit... sit on your parents couch and order another pizza!

    ;D
    Wow a modern day Archie Bunker...you sure are hung up on stereotypes.

    I found your first post quite amusing, you attacking stoners for lacking intellect and logic, when your post was clearly lacking in both qualities...was it meant to be a joke?....Hmmmm I wonder...judging from your last post, I have my doubts.

    That being said...I own my own house(and couch). I don't really like pizza, and I am not a stoner...so you got anymore theories?
    ;D




    [/quote]

    Modern Day Archie Bunker.
    Man, now there was a character...

    Carroll O'Connor played that role brilliantly.
    Archie was a reactionary, bigoted, conservative blue-collar worker who was as much a product of his upbringing and the era he lived in as he was a social commentary on the entire nation.
    Prejudice without malice, as was the majority of middle America.
    Designed to be one of the most hated characters as a parody of right wing bigotry, he became one of the most beloved because of the honest and forthright way he came about his misguided beliefs.
    And when even old Archie Bunker finally came around, so did most of America.
    Truly a classic, portrayed by a true genius.
    RIP Carroll O'Conner.

    Sorry to hijack, that just poped into my mind when I saw that comment...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Inside the 2008 NFL Rookie Symposium.
    By Garland Greene in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-08-2008, 06:31 AM
  2. Five Vikings attend rookie symposium
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-05-2008, 08:56 AM
  3. NFL 11th annual rookie symposium
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-25-2007, 06:55 PM
  4. NFL Roundup: NFL Rookie Symposium
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-30-2006, 03:19 AM
  5. Esera Tuaolo speaks at annual NFL Rookie Symposium
    By cajunvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-27-2006, 09:42 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •