vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Harvin has Grade 3 Sprain

We’ve known that Vikings wide receiver Percy Harvin has been battling a sprained ankle for a while, but a report on Tuesday indicates it is a bit more serious than originally reported.
    LINK

Its been suggest that Harvin has had his fill of this team and this is playing a part in his recovery from his ankle sprain which now reported as
    suffered a complete ligament tear in his left ankle, which is termed a Grade 3 sprain. The recovery time for that injury is typically four to six weeks, which would make Sunday’s game against the Bears smack dab in the middle at five weeks since Harvin got hurt.
    But he has continued to have pain and struggled with turning, which strains the injured ligaments.That was obvious as he ran routes in front of reporters last Wednesday, moving well in a straight line and then coming up limping each time he tried to get out of his break.
    LINK

Hopefully things go better in practise today

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I thought the only way to fix a complete tear was with surgery. The ligament cannot heal if it is completely severed. Maybe it was a near complete tear.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    I thought the only way to fix a complete tear was with surgery. The ligament cannot heal if it is completely severed. Maybe it was a near complete tear.
    While a 2 is a partial tear a 3 is a complete tear but not a severing of the ligament for some reading surgery or bracing are the 2 treatments with surgery being more permanent repair which is less likely for the injury to reoccur. But I guess when your try to return sooner and going week by week you chose to not look at surgery.