Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Harvin had drug, discipline issues

Vikings' Percy Harvin reportedly had drug, discipline issues at unruly Florida program

Vikings' Percy Harvin reportedly had drug, discipline issues at unruly Florida program - TwinCities.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    They're really trying to milk a story out of nothing here, even the coaches in the story say it's overblown. People who try to make marijuana into a "character issue" are myopic. Drinking is just as bad, if not worse.

How many people have died of alcohol poisoning? Millions.

How many people have died of a marijuana overdose? Zero, in all of recorded human history.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    I have never smoked pot but the people that are outraged about pot...smoke everyday.

KevinK is offline Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    They're really trying to milk a story out of nothing here, even the coaches in the story say it's overblown. People who try to make marijuana into a "character issue" are myopic. Drinking is just as bad, if not worse.

How many people have died of a marijuana overdose? Zero, in all of recorded human history.
    +1

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Look out, gonna get banned again
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

I just think it's hypocritical for the press/government/nfl to vilify someone who smokes pot. I mean, the OL was probably out getting drunk and taking advantage of freshmen girls... while Harvin was watching Wizard of Oz with Dark Side of the Moon.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer
    Harvin reportedly was a teen age college student.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I just think it's hypocritical for the press/government/nfl to vilify someone who smokes pot. I mean, the OL was probably out getting drunk and taking advantage of freshmen girls... while Harvin was watching Wizard of Oz with Dark Side of the Moon.
    You're forgetting he also ate an ENTIRE party size bag of Cheetos puffs.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    The pot smokers would offer up a better defense....

...but they're a bit too mellow right now, and are in search of some munchables...

Seriously, marijuana legalization has a few downsides. That said, I agree with C Mac (that's twice in recent days...something is seriously wrong here) that there are worse evils in alcohol than in pot. There are worse evils in cigarettes too. It's pure hypocrisy that keeps Marijuana illegal while booze and cigarettes are legal.

And I also agree that this story is pure sensationalism. They have nothing to talk about, so they drudge up irrelevant BS and try and get people fired up. Pure crap.

Caine

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    And I also agree that this story is pure sensationalism. They have nothing to talk about, so they drudge up irrelevant BS and try and get people fired up. Pure crap.

Caine
    Completely. Irrelevant BS from OVER 3 YEARS AGO!

Not just in sports journalism, but I feel sad for journalism everywhere nowadays. It's all sensationalist garbage that hasn't been researched.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast