Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Harvin demands trade

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    I wish he would say exactly what he's looking for. We made the playoffs. We are not that bad of a team. A lot of players would like to be on a team that's pretty close.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Originally Posted by digital420
    i liked this about the situation.

percy really holds no cards.. if he tries to hardball the vikes.. he loses.. his agent should be drilling this into him! play nice, get paid! stay a viking. any other team he goes to. sure he'll be percy.. but will they have AD to pull 9 players from the D to him? will they have a TE that needs to be covered? percy can't be shadow'd, dbl teamed on the vikes..

IF we do trade him it's because we got a Walker type trade. if I was percy's agent.. i'd say. play nice now. get rewarded later. push now u might get 10... play large next season, get 15 mil.. maybe on a different team.

however it pans out, it'll be the locker room that keeps him in line, coaching staff and teamates if they can.

DiGiTaL

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    These posts relate to Percy's alleged trade demand...cut and pasted from the "Harvin's Lost His Mind" thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I negotiate contracts for a living...you are correct good sir, leverage, is a wonderful thing.

That said, the Vikings BATNA (Best Alternative to Negotiated Agreement) is not keeping him off the field and on the Roster. Whereas Percy holds no cards...a disgruntled, coddled, child does not equate to anything other than a major distraction from a Team perspective. As I posted roughly a month ago, if the kid wants to be here and changes his approach, great...if not, transfer the pain in the ass to someone else. There is no track record of anyone, other than mum-mum, keeping this kid "in line," so, cut your losses, and get as much as you can.

Oh, and I think it is naive to expect that Percy is going to come out publicly with whatever his major problem is...and, it is abundantly clear that neither Spielman nor Frazier are going to share it either. But, when Frazier stated that "Percy is in a good state of mind" after his season ending exit interview...to me, that spoke volumes. A key player who was put on IR, who is under contract for the following season, who's Team is making a Playoff run, who runs to Florida did all of the necessary speaking IMHO. Ponder and AD, among others, stating that they 'want Percy back,' are part of the Program, the Team...Percy, at this point, is not.

By the way, this topic is really giving me a migraine ...

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    OK. He wants out. Just throwing this out there. "Mallett has two years left on his rookie contract. Cabot wrote the Patriots wouldn't part with him for less than a second-round pick". Most people feel Harvin's worth a two. Even trade with Pats for Mallet.

I felt Spielman should have rewarded Harvin with a new contract last August & signed him & made him happy At the very least near the end of the season. It probably could have been done for a lot less than he's wanting now. Instead, not getting paid for performance festered inside him all year long. It's too late now.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Harvin demands trade

Trade his ass to Oakland or Cleveland and see how he likes those apples.or trade him to Arizona for Fitzgerald

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I felt Spielman should have rewarded Harvin with a new contract last August & signed him & made him happy At the very least near the end of the season. It probably could have been done for a lot less than he's wanting now. Instead, not getting paid for performance festered inside him all year long. It's too late now.
    I'm not sure that would have made him happy...and, I don't blame Spielman at all. There is no track record of this kid being happy (well, perhaps he was when he failed his drug test before the Combine).

If he wants to be part of the Team, great. If not, GFY Percy.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Trade his ass to Oakland or Cleveland and see how he likes those apples.or trade him to Arizona for Fitzgerald
    Percy for Fitz!

Bring Larry home!

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    First I don't think he deserved a new contract last year - he was three years into a five year rookie contract. Yes, he is a great WR, but he hadn't done enough to warrant a contract extension two years early.

Second, I don't think that would have made him happy. He was quick to dismiss contract as the reason for his last temper tantrum, saying it was more about how he was used in the offense. So we made him one of two focal points of the offense, and he still wasn't happy. Even if we would have redone the contract last year, I think we would be hearing the same complaints this year.

And third, and this is really the sticking point for me, Harvin has a history of acting like a child. In college, with Childress, and now with Frazier. He has talent, and that has allowed him to act like a petulant child for too long. For crying out loud, he refused to do conditioning drills in college because he wanted to play pick up basketball instead - and they changed the conditioning rules as a result.

It is time he grows up.

If he wants to be traded fine. Trade him for nothing less that a second. If nobody wants to spend a second to get a spoiled WR who has never broken 1000 yards, then force him to play out the last year of his contract. If he becomes a distraction, then TO him.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast