Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Harvin defends Favre, declares himself healthy

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098747
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1098734
    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1098719
    "Last season had nothing to do with Brett Favre" - Percy Harvin

I wish I would have stopped reading right there. Ridiculous statement of the year nomination there.
    Sure, when taken out of the context of the entire article, that statement sure does sound silly...

But when you put it back in with the statements that followed...like this one:
    "Sure, he made mistakes, as the whole team did. But that's on all of us."
    Then you realize that Percy isn't saying Favre was blameless, just that he has eaten a disproportionate amount of blame for things that were beyond his control.

I guess only us negative people can see "Big Picture" stuff like that though...

Caine
    And the people who chanted how the Noodle was gonna get us there, even though he didn't, look for any excuse to blame someone else other than him.
    got us a hell of alot closer than TJ ever would.

Oh right, sorry, it was our WR's (who were the same last year) and our OL who got us there. My bad.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1098757

Oh right, sorry, it was our WR's (who were the same last year) and our OL who got us there. My bad.
    How do you know how far TJ would have got us? Truth of the matter was (and the Noodle said it repeatedly) the team got us that far, not just one player.

Seems to me, using your hero's words as proof, yes the WR's, our OL, our RB's, our TEs etc etc etc had a hand in it.

Oh right, sorry My bad..One guy does it in the ultimate team sport.....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1098761

How do you know how far TJ would have got us? Truth of the matter was (and the Noodle said it repeatedly) the team got us that far, not just one player.

Seems to me, using your hero's words as proof, yes the WR's, our OL, our RB's, our TEs etc etc etc had a hand in it.

ah, is that like how Favre was the reason for our losses last year? I thought it was a team sport?

Favre operated our offense at the highest level we've seen in a long time. TJ did not before Favre, and can not now. He never has, and never will be able to play as well as Favre did in 2009. I'm willing to bet whatever you like on that. He will never top Favre's yards, TD's, rating over the course of a full season, all while maintaining close to the same TD:INT ratio. NEVER.

We gave TJ chances with much of the same team Favre had. He blew every one of them.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Come on marr. It's because Brett Farve, the greatest QB to ever don the viking uniform, won one playoff game for us.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

It is very good news if the migranes are indeed over for Percy.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

It's funny that when credit is due to Favre, it becomes a "team sport"...

...when blame is due to Jackson, it again becomes a "Team Sport"...

...but when you choose to hang someone, the "team" concept flies out the window, and Favre eats it...

I'll at least give you credit for being consistent.

I also find it funny that you spend so much time and energy telling us that we're somehow excusing Favre, or somehow giving Favre all credit and no blame....

....but that's simply not true.

See, those of us who favored Favre coming here in the first place have also, with very few exceptions, called it straight down the center. We've praised Favre for what he did well, blamed him for what he didn't do well, and pointed out that our TEAM is in poor shape overall.

You, on the other hand, claimed our TEAM could "carry" any QB (Which it couldn't and didn't), blamed Favre for every facet of every game that went awry, and refused to consider the idea that Jackson simply wasn't panning out despite MOUNTAINS of supporting evidence.

I have never "hated" Jackson...just the foolish "But maybe if somehow" ideology that his "supporters" based their belief in his abilities upon.

You have flat out stated REPEATEDLY that you hate Favre.

Yet I'm labeled the hater, or "negative".

Yes, it's always been about the "Team"...but you seem to only recognize that when you have to praise Favre or blame Jackson.

Caine

Formo is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1098772

...but when you choose to hang someone, the "team" concept flies out the window, and Favre eats it...

I also find it funny that you spend so much time and energy telling us that we're somehow excusing Favre, or somehow giving Favre all credit and no blame....

See, those of us who favored Favre coming here in the first place have also, with very few exceptions, called it straight down the center. We've praised Favre for what he did well, blamed him for what he didn't do well, and pointed out that our TEAM is in poor shape overall.

You, on the other hand, claimed our TEAM could "carry" any QB (Which it couldn't and didn't), blamed Favre for every facet of every game that went awry, and refused to consider the idea that Jackson simply wasn't panning out despite MOUNTAINS of supporting evidence.

I have never "hated" Jackson...just the foolish "But maybe if somehow" ideology that his "supporters" based their belief in his abilities upon.

Yes, it's always been about the "Team"...but you seem to only recognize that when you have to praise Favre or blame Jackson.

Caine
    Ladies and Gents.. this is what I like to call a verbal smackdown. Marty, my boy.. Give it up. =)
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "JFormo" #1098773
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1098772

Caine
    Ladies and Gents.. this is what I like to call a verbal smackdown. Marty, my boy.. Give it up. =)
    If you smelllllllllalalalalalala what the Caine is cookin'

dfosterf is offline Coach

Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1098767
    It is very good news if the migranes are indeed over for Percy.
    Even this Puker fan agrees with that one. He's one hell of a good player with yet untapped potential, imo. He can go ahead and have some other ailment when the Vikes play the Pack, just make it something not so serious and/or chronic. :P

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1098734
    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1098719
    "Last season had nothing to do with Brett Favre" - Percy Harvin

I wish I would have stopped reading right there. Ridiculous statement of the year nomination there.
    Sure, when taken out of the context of the entire article, that statement sure does sound silly...

But when you put it back in with the statements that followed...like this one:
    "Sure, he made mistakes, as the whole team did. But that's on all of us."
    Then you realize that Percy isn't saying Favre was blameless, just that he has eaten a disproportionate amount of blame for things that were beyond his control.

I guess only us negative people can see "Big Picture" stuff like that though...

Caine
    I think I already recanted the negative statement, you just know way more about frosted turds than me. :sick:

I'm just saying in the NFL the QB always gets more credit/blame than any other position. And rightfully so IMHO. Favre deserves every bit of blame he has gotten and then some, both for the performances on the field and the distractions off.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast