jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Harvin defends Favre, declares himself healthy

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1098674
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1098673
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1098670
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1098669
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1098667
    Marrdro stopped reading here
    "There were a lot of issues that we faced, but Brett was the one who had to take the fall for it, because he's the commander. He prepared the way he needed to prepare, so that stuff had nothing to do with why the season went the way it did."

Still, Favre shouldered a lot of the blame for a 6-10 finish just one year after leading the Vikings to the doorstep of the Super Bowl, right?

"But why was he blamed?" says Harvin, standing in the corner of Augie's football stadium. "He made passes and he was slammed on his head (against Chicago). There's not much more you can ask of the guy. Sure, he made mistakes, as the whole team did. But that's on all of us."
    Oh no...Marrdro quit reading HERE:

Vikings receiver Harvin defends Favre

Caine
    can't believe a word those yutz players say these days. I mean, he HAS to defend Favre.
    Like I said, Zygi made him say it...

Caine
    Because the fans want to love Favre and hate Childress, so Zygi had Harvin publically tell the press that it wasn't Favre's fault, becuase of Favre/Childress' clashes. This also proves Marty's concept about how the Tampa-2 is NOT about stopping the pass, and that our safeties are more than adaquate, since outside of the dome there's a Picture of Favre and Los Angeles has a high of 71 today.

Also, Berrian only had four drops in 2009.
    While all of that is certainly true, we also know that Frazier would have told Harvin not to speak to the media, but unfortunately, Frazier has no power.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1098675
    "There were a lot of issues that we faced, but Brett was the one who had to take the fall for it, because he's the commander. He prepared the way he needed to prepare, so that stuff had nothing to do with why the season went the way it did."

Still, Favre shouldered a lot of the blame for a 6-10 finish just one year after leading the Vikings to the doorstep of the Super Bowl, right?

"But why was he blamed?" says Harvin, standing in the corner of Augie's football stadium. "He made passes and he was slammed on his head (against Chicago). There's not much more you can ask of the guy. Sure, he made mistakes, as the whole team did. But that's on all of us."

Caine
    can't believe a word those yutz players say these days. I mean, he HAS to defend Favre.

Caine
    Because the fans want to love Favre and hate Childress, so Zygi had Harvin publically tell the press that it wasn't Favre's fault, becuase of Favre/Childress' clashes. This also proves Marty's concept about how the Tampa-2 is NOT about stopping the pass, and that our safeties are more than adaquate, since outside of the dome there's a Picture of Favre and Los Angeles has a high of 71 today.

While all of that is certainly true, we also know that Frazier would have told Harvin not to speak to the media, but unfortunately, Frazier has no power.
    Little do we know, it was actually Pagnac who made the call to draft Ponder in the first place, causing Zygi to ask Harvin to speak about Favre in a positive light. We're probably also going to run alot of 2TE sets because Winfield is getting a little older every year.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1098676

Caine

Caine

Little do we know, it was actually Pagnac who made the call to draft Ponder in the first place, causing Zygi to ask Harvin to speak about Favre in a positive light. We're probably also going to run alot of 2TE sets because Winfield is getting a little older every year.
    ...and we should be starting Jackson...

Caine

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1098678

Caine

Caine

Caine
    You guys crack me up. Sorry Marrdro, couldn't resist:laugh:

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1098679

Caine

Caine

Caine
    Wait a minute. I thought it was all Mark Wilf's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1098690

Caine

Caine

Caine
    It is, but I didn't want to get labeled as "Negative" by mentioning that...

Caine

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1098695
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1098690

Caine

Caine

Caine
    It is, but I didn't want to get labeled as "Negative" by mentioning that...

Caine
    I'd rather blame Smoot. That bastard!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Last season had nothing to do with Brett Favre" - Percy Harvin

I wish I would have stopped reading right there. Ridiculous statement of the year nomination there.

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1098719

I wish I would have stopped reading right there. Ridiculous statement of the year nomination there.
    Sure, when taken out of the context of the entire article, that statement sure does sound silly...

But when you put it back in with the statements that followed...like this one:
    "Sure, he made mistakes, as the whole team did. But that's on all of us."
    Then you realize that Percy isn't saying Favre was blameless, just that he has eaten a disproportionate amount of blame for things that were beyond his control.

I guess only us negative people can see "Big Picture" stuff like that though...

Caine

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1098734
    Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1098719

Sure, when taken out of the context of the entire article, that statement sure does sound silly...

But when you put it back in with the statements that followed...like this one:
    "Sure, he made mistakes, as the whole team did. But that's on all of us."
    Then you realize that Percy isn't saying Favre was blameless, just that he has eaten a disproportionate amount of blame for things that were beyond his control.

I guess only us negative people can see "Big Picture" stuff like that though...

Caine
    And the people who chanted how the Noodle was gonna get us there, even though he didn't, look for any excuse to blame someone else other than him.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast