Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Harvin collapses in practice

We need to let the kid go at his own pace.

I think it will also help show the team that Favre is not special. Harvin is an important player to us, has a medical condition that is causing him to miss time. Let him decide to practice, how hard to practice, when to leave. Keep the kid healthy, help make the team happy.

If you can contribute to the organization, and have a special need(whether it's old age or migraine headaches) the team will accommodate you.

We need him on the field. Only he knows when the headaches come and go. Don't force him into anything.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Good news saw this on facebook from Kevin's twitter

Kevin Seifert Espn RT: @B_Twice: Percy's doin fine everyone. Prayers still goin out though.

Bernard says Percy is doing fine

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

@B_Twice: Percy's doin fine everyone. Prayers still goin out though.

Bernard Berrian's twitter.

Sort of a relief, but not really.

Edit(what a nice touch): V4L beat me to it.

I've been dealing with migraines for going on 35 years now and can't even imagine trying to play football with one. (Hence my ultimate respect for Terrell Davis). The fact this kid can even be on the field after having one is a testament to how tough he is. Sadly, there's no cure and no real way to "manage" them. You can identify your triggers, avoid them, and still get a migraine out of the blue. Hopefully, it won't end his career prematurely.

ConnecticutViking is offline Pro-Bowler

More than football here, this hinders his ability to make a living.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Childress said that Harvin's episode was triggered when he looked up into a mostly cloudy sky to field a punt during a special teams drill. Harvin went inside to see team physician Dr. Sheldon Burns, then came back out to the field.

Soon after, Harvin was seen doubled over and trembling. Players and coaches stood in front of him to shield him while reporters watched from a distance as Harvin received medical attention.

``I don't know how they classify it,' Childress said after practice. ``Not really a seizure, but he had some trouble over here. I'd be remiss if I tried to qualify it one way or another. It seemed like he was stable.'

Childress added: ``I'm putting it in a migraine category, just because of what preceded that, but I certainly don't know what put him down on the ground over there, if it was some kind of reaction or what.'
    http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Harvin-Has-Migraine-Attack-At-Practice/b0c3e4b9-7d3c-4d1f-bd47-32f353907759

birdman is offline Training Camp

As a Packer fan, I'll pray for Harvin. He seems like a special talent and it's sad to see that be felled by such a simple thing. Aren't there treatments out there to handle this?????
    None

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

As many of you know, I suffer from cluster migraines. I have had them most of the week, and I suspect the air pressure changes have had to do with that.

I have learned to do both sales and teach with medicated migraines, but sometimes I can barely even think or talk because the pain can get out of control or the side effects are to severe.

Let me tell you this, regular headaches can get bad, but they are a soft breeze compared to the storm of a migraine. Tension headaches can also be bad, but they are just a hard rain. My worst come when I have a tension headache in the back and a migraine up front. That is projectile vomit time, and the pain is almost at the suicidal level. Of course, there are many idiots who should know better who just say, "What's the big deal about a headache?"

If Harvin is in a similar situation, this is not life threatening, but it is chronic. He will have to learn to control it as much as he can and hope the bad days do not come on Sunday.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Hope Percy is ok, hopefully these migranes can be managed by him with help from the docs.

dfosterf is offline Coach

I wish him all the best. His talent is so very evident, and while I readily admit that him not being there would definitely help "my cause", so to speak... I would never, ever wish for something like this to be the reason.

My fellow posters at PackersHome are universially pulling for the lad as well, FWIW. Some things go beyond rivalries and stuff. This is one of those. You also have to admire his courage. The lad has mettle.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast