Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Two things I noticed.....

1. Smitty handled this with class. Kept his mouth shut and left the field. We have a gem there my friends, the likes of which I haven't seen since the days of you know who (and I don't mean that EXPUKER piece of crap either).

2. We might have another gem in the rough just waiting for reps...Blanton. Cat did a fine job. Didn't really make any big mistakes (didn't really see any) and he had a nice tackle for loss when we needed it late.

A third discussion point. Could our S's be the strongest position on the team? I'm starting to think so.

Someone (actually 3 of you) need to give ole Ricky boy props on the moves that landed all 5 of them on this roster. (Just saying).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Wow! Loved the pick and am more than thrilled how he is playing. The name you're looking for is Joey Browner! SO NICE to have somebody like that back there again!!!!

The call on the push off was tacky, but, rules are rules, don't do it again kid. Hopefully, the NFL will see that it was pretty minimal and instinctive, and not fine him.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    This guy clearly is the "eraser", unfortunately he is so good at it he erased himself.

Not a big deal as long as he doesn't repeat, I doubt anyone is getting bent out of shape about it in the Vikings org. Good game to do it in, when we were so dominating on defense.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    HELOOOO!! The referee touched Harrison Smith FIRST!
    And he did it in a little over-aggressive manner. No need of the ref to bull-rush the players 10 yards down the field!
    So it's totally okay for a ref to touch another player, but not the other way around...
    Harrison Smith was obviously in a pretty heated discussion with a player from the opposing team. I can understand his reaction when a total stranger is suddenly in your face and grabbing you by both hands. It's a "heat of the moment"-thing.

Good thing that Smith is not being fined or suspended. That would have been ridiculous (but not surprising considering it's the NFL). Players should only be fined for reckless actions that can lead to serious injuries.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Smith will be fined, but not suspended.

And props to him, he took the high road afterwards.

Harrison Smith admits fault, will be fined not suspended for ref shove | ProFootballTalk

EDIT: The star trib is saying that Smith won't be fined OR suspended... other sources are saying fined but not suspended. We'll see which one is the case...
    Last edited by NodakPaul; 10-08-2012 at 05:31 PM.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Smith will be fined, but not suspended.

And props to him, he took the high road afterwards.

Harrison Smith admits fault, will be fined not suspended for ref shove | ProFootballTalk

EDIT: The star trib is saying that Smith won't be fined OR suspended... other sources are saying fined but not suspended. We'll see which one is the case...
    I've heard there will be nothing more beyond the ejection and IMO, rightfully so.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I've heard there will be nothing more beyond the ejection and IMO, rightfully so.
    Good. I agree.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

vikesrgreat2 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    I'm really liking the way Harrison Smith is playing. As alluded to by mountainviking, he does remind me of Joey Browner in his aggressiveness. I think the call to eject Smith was technically correct, but I feel it could have been handled better with a 15-yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct and a warning to not do it again. I agree with the no fine, no suspenion decision. I also like the way Smith handled the situation - it seemed very mature and responsible. Many in the NFL can learn from his example!

I hope that Smith can keep up the great work and keep up the aggression. He may need to channel that aggression a little differently in situations like that in the future. Props to Rick Spielman for drafting Smith - it's paying off!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12