Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Harrison Smith: The 'Eraser'

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

thorshammer is offline Asst. Coach
    like the way he plays ... good instincts and a hard hitter ... as long as he keeps improving he's going to be a good one for us.

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    I'm super happy of how the Vikings' draft went so far.
    It's more than nice to know that we have Kalil to anchor the left tackle spot for many many years. The guy is a very solid football player. Big guy with no real flaws, and even is a great at blocking kicks. I've seen him create big penetrations up the middle several times, and he has already batted down a kick this season.
    Harrison Smith is looking very good, and I have a feeling this guy can develop into one of the best safeties in the league. He has excellent size, good hands for a safety, good tackling abilities, fluid hips, but what I really like seeing his his instincts and intelligent. He plays like a veteran at times. That's the most difficult thing to teach. Also, I don't see any real big flaws in his game. He can play both the strong and the free safety position. That is a very nice thing to have for a team that has been lacking a safety with those skill sets.

Combine that with the fact that we have two relatively young promising safeties in Mistral Raymond and Jamarca Sanford and I'm honestly happy with our safety situation (phew! I've waited a long time to say that). I really like Mistral and how he played before the injury this year. He, like Smith, seems like a very smart player. I've always loved how Sanford plays the run. Pound-for-pound, nobody on the team does it better (except Winfield of course, but he's a beast. We all know that!). However, Sanford has also played the pass fairly well this season. I've always liked Sanford and hoped he would develop his coverage skills. Looks like he has

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Harrison Smith: The 'Eraser'

Looks like he was a little over aggressive

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I need to get a better look at it, but from everything I could see on TV that was a very ticky tack call. Smith shrugged the officials arms off from him. If that is all it was then the official overreacted. yeah, by the letter of the law the official was right - but worse shit happens to the officials at the bottom of a fumble pile all the time, and you dont see flags then.

When a player is completely surprised by his ejection on the sidelines, you know it was pretty tame.

I am loving Smith and his aggressiveness. As long as he continues to play aggressive but not dirty I am very happy with him opening up a can of whoop ass every game.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I need to get a better look at it, but from everything I could see on TV that was a very ticky tack call. Smith shrugged the officials arms off from him. If that is all it was then the official overreacted. yeah, by the letter of the law the official was right - but worse shit happens to the officials at the bottom of a fumble pile all the time, and you dont see flags then.

When a player is completely surprised by his ejection on the sidelines, you know it was pretty tame.

I am loving Smith and his aggressiveness. As long as he continues to play aggressive but not dirty I am very happy with him opening up a can of whoop ass every game.

+1

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    I thought Smith did a dumb thing but I only saw it once so who knows. Hopefully there's no further punishment and he's less hot headed after the whistle in the future.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    I think it was a bit weak.. There was no intent to harm the official it was just done in the heat of the moment and really was nothing but i also think we didnt see the whole thing..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    without the purpleshades on i'd have to say Smiths call was on the border.. he didn't shove the official over, or make an aggressive move on him. he was backing up and pushed his hands off him. BUT the rule is the rule.. no touchy!!

honestly I think this was the official officials saying.. "We are not the scabs and will not be harrased as they were." statement to the league. notice how NFL.com has it on their site 5 min after the call? and it just so happened goodwell was in the stands.. hmmmm..

to bad that statement had to come to us.. Smith was really playing ball with a lot of Jazz!!

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    It was no more aggressive than when Favre boinked the ref in the back of the head with the ball & no flag was thrown.

Well maybe a slight amount.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast