Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    pigskinronin is offline Starter

Happy we got Edinger...

instead of Brien.

From the Daily Herald (Chicago):

Doug Brien’s 1-for-4 field-goal inaccuracy looks especially bad considering Paul Edinger’s 6-for-7 start with the Vikings.

The Bears cut Edinger over the summer in favor of Brien.

Brien, a 12-year veteran, missed badly on a 39-yard attempt with 1:07 left in the first half Sunday and the Bears trailing just 10-0.

“Of course Doug has to be able to kick the ball better than that,� Bears coach Lovie Smith said. “That was a momentum swing going into halftime that we really needed.�

Smith isn’t sure if Brien is struggling with the elements at Soldier Field or if there are other factors.

“If I knew all of that, it would be a lot easier,� Smith said. “Doug has missed some big kicks. To me, that’s as deep as I can go with it. Soldier Field, wherever else we’re playing, we have a kicker that’s hit some bad balls, and he has to get it right.�

Smith, however, reiterated that there are no plans to bring in free agents to compete for Brien’s job.

Re: Happy we got Edinger...

Yeah, Brien is abysmal. Funny to because some people on this board during the off-season were saying we should bring him. The guy flat out sucks. Even Elling would have been a step up from Doug Brien. But, so far, thank god for Edinger. Other than that one miss, he's looked good so far this season.
    Even babies know the difference.

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

We already knew Doug Brien sucked years ago when we had him and he missed two extra points in one game. The Bears didn't learn from the history of him with us and the Jets so now they are doomed to repeat it.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

I tell you what. I am loving Pual Edinger. He had done real good for us. Hasn't he kicked a 53 yarder to? We actually have some good kickers this year. Go Kluwe and go Edinger! For the first couple weeks they were the best players on the Vikings.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I am very happy this year! What a turn-around from the past few! Yes!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Elling was signed by the Ravens, he will do their kickoffs and long field goals.

Edinger's only miss hit the upright and bounced back. It is so nice to know that if we need a 48 yarder, that we have a chance to make it! And we do not have to go for it on 4th down because our kicker can't make it from 45 yards.

Why Chicago would have chosen Brien over Edinger is beyond me! I thought Lovie was a better judge of talent.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

yes, we havent had a kicker in a long while, and now we might have one... for about 1 and a half years. he is old. but really i dont care as long as he keeps putting points on the board.
    We're bringing purple back.

SamDawg84 Guest

yeah dude. i wanted paul since i dont remember but eh it doesnt matter since we have him

fanofpurple is offline Waterboy

"gregair13" wrote:
    yes, we havent had a kicker in a long while, and now we might have one... for about 1 and a half years. he is old. but really i dont care as long as he keeps putting points on the board.
    What do you mean "He is old". 27 is old?????...LOL. Anderson was old. :lol:

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"fanofpurple" wrote:
    "gregair13" wrote:
    What do yopu mean "He is old". 27 is old?????...LOL. Anderson was old. :lol:
    Edinger is younger than Culpepper! He's not old...it just seems that way because he's been around a while.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast