"NodakPaul" wrote:
"jessejames09" wrote:
While the run first WCO is a beautiful thing I wouldn't mind seeing it go.

Another thing that bothers me is, in Childress' first 2 seasons here he would hardly ever go for it on 4th and short, now he goes for it every chance that seems half reasonable. Seems like he's getting desperate.
I think it has more to do with his complete lack of confidence in the punt team.
Or that he reads TMQ:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/081118

Sweet 'N' Sour Results:
In Week 10, the key element of Minnesota's victory over Green Bay was Minnesota coach Brad Childress' deciding to go for it on fourth down, challenging his players to win. This week, with the score tied at City of Tampa, Childress went for it on fourth-and-1 -- Adrian Peterson dropped what would have been a touchdown pass. Then trailing by six with 2:29 to play and facing a fourth-and-3 on his own 27-yard line, Childress went for it rather than booming a mincing punt and trying to shift the blame in the postgame news conference. This try didn't work, either -- two sweet decisions with sour results. But suddenly Minnesota has an all-out-to-win attitude, and the football gods are likely to smile on this team down the stretch. As for Tampa, the Bucs are allowing 11 points per game at home. You don't want to play the Bucs in Tampa.
=Z=