Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 81
  1. #11
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: A happy ending to the Vikings' season will be tough

    3-3 is more likely

    We don't have a passing game with Gus.. We are too one dimensional

  2. #12
    El Vikingo's Avatar
    El Vikingo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,358

    Re: A happy ending to the Vikings' season will be tough

    "Formo" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    4-2 for nail biting photo finish with a 50 50 chance at the playoffs.

    or

    5-1 to pretty much lock up our playoff chances.

    It will hopefully be a fun last six games, but if we want to look at this realistically it's going to be tough.
    If we look at this realistically, it's not gonna happen.
    =/
    Yeh Formo it is not gonna happen ,but what about next year ? with a new QB ,a more experienced team under the Chiller and blah blah
    blah .
    : X 1000
    El underdog.

  3. #13
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: A happy ending to the Vikings' season will be tough

    "V4L" wrote:
    3-3 is more likely

    We don't have a passing game with Gus.. We are too one dimensional
    Well, that has only been true the last two games, against good pass defenses.

    I'm hoping we can return to our previous form in the passing game.

    We need to start wearing the purple pants on the road. We suck on the road and need mojo.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  4. #14
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: A happy ending to the Vikings' season will be tough

    "V" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    3-3 is more likely

    We don't have a passing game with Gus.. We are too one dimensional
    Well, that has only been true the last two games, against good pass defenses.

    I'm hoping we can return to our previous form in the passing game.

    We need to start wearing the purple pants on the road. We suck on the road and need mojo.
    Ok, but a passing game isn't good unless it can be used effectively against good pass defenses.
    Putting up average passing numbers against bad pass defenses does not constitute anything other than average at best.

    Gus isn't the answer and Gus isn't taking us anywhere than a potential 1 and done.
    This is turning into a pretty disappointing season...so fucking typical.
    I'm sick of disappointment.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    68

    Re: A happy ending to the Vikings' season will be tough

    "petrodemos" wrote:
    a happy ending would see childress no longer as head coach in minnesota.
    I agree with this guy

    I'm done with Brad Childress and his inability to spark his team at halftime.

    The Vikings came out of the gates strong Sunday, at one point, they were leading by 10 points.

    They went into the locker room with the lead, and what do you know, they dont score ANY points in the whole second half, and they lose it.

    I don't like Childress' coaching ability/ and or his decisions and playcalling (along with the offensive Q).

    We had this game, but just like others, let it slip away because of bad coaching and that lack of spark.

    The only reason I would be happy with the Vikings having a bad record would be to see Childress out of Minnesota.

    Give us a real coach that knows how to win games please..

    Even if we win the NFC North I wont be impressed because that whole division is .500 and that says nothing about our team if we happen to win it.

    Im done with my rant, I just want Childress to be done with his Vikings career.
    THAT OLD LADY IS NOT ME..HAHA

  6. #16
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: A happy ending to the Vikings' season will be tough

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    3-3 is more likely

    We don't have a passing game with Gus.. We are too one dimensional
    Well, that has only been true the last two games, against good pass defenses.

    I'm hoping we can return to our previous form in the passing game.

    We need to start wearing the purple pants on the road. We suck on the road and need mojo.
    Ok, but a passing game isn't good unless it can be used effectively against good pass defenses.
    Putting up average passing numbers against bad pass defenses does not constitute anything other than average at best.

    Gus isn't the answer and Gus isn't taking us anywhere than a potential 1 and done.
    This is turning into a pretty disappointing season...so fucking typical.
    I'm sick of disappointment.
    Dissappointment? Coming into this year, we all knew our passing game was expected to be nothing more than average. If you thought Berrian and TJ were going to transform us into an elite passing team, you're kidding yourself.

    So yes, our passing game is average. Clearly Gus is not the answer, but he's the best we've got. Knowing that, it's unacceptable for AD not to touch the ball in the fourth quarter. The turnovers were horrible.

    We're not a passing team, so why people expect us to be one is puzzling.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  7. #17
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: A happy ending to the Vikings' season will be tough

    If we can win our homegames vs Chicago, Atlanta and the Giants(hopefully they have qualified for POs at that time) and take the Lions away game we are 9-7 and winning the division i think


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

  8. #18
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: A happy ending to the Vikings' season will be tough

    "V" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    3-3 is more likely

    We don't have a passing game with Gus.. We are too one dimensional
    Well, that has only been true the last two games, against good pass defenses.

    I'm hoping we can return to our previous form in the passing game.

    We need to start wearing the purple pants on the road. We suck on the road and need mojo.
    Ok, but a passing game isn't good unless it can be used effectively against good pass defenses.
    Putting up average passing numbers against bad pass defenses does not constitute anything other than average at best.

    Gus isn't the answer and Gus isn't taking us anywhere than a potential 1 and done.
    This is turning into a pretty disappointing season...so fucking typical.
    I'm sick of disappointment.
    Dissappointment? Coming into this year, we all knew our passing game was expected to be nothing more than average. If you thought Berrian and TJ were going to transform us into an elite passing team, you're kidding yourself.

    So yes, our passing game is average. Clearly Gus is not the answer, but he's the best we've got. Knowing that, it's unacceptable for AD not to touch the ball in the fourth quarter. The turnovers were horrible.

    We're not a passing team, so why people expect us to be one is puzzling.
    Nowhere did I or anybody say that we expected an elite passing game because of Berrian and TJ.
    I expected an average passing game this year...which is what we have (on a good day).
    What I didn't expect was to still be an average team.
    Good Defense, Good Offense (With AD) should equate to a good football team.
    Unfortunately this is not the case for our Minnesota Vikings.

    You don't have to be a "passing team" to be successful, but you have to have a "passing game".

  9. #19
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: A happy ending to the Vikings' season will be tough

    OK, so in week 11 we have a pitiful 3 way tie for first in the NFC North, with Chicago, Green Bay, and Minnesota all sitting at 5-5.
    Let's face it, 9-7 will probably win this division.
    That being said, here is my break down:

    Vikings @ Jacksonville - ?
    This is the hardest game among the last six for me to predict.
    We have a slightly better record than Jax, but IMHO the two teams are fairly evenly matched.
    On paper, Minnesota should have them - we have a better offense and a better defense.
    However, we are on our second consecutive road game, and our D doesn't generate pressure on the QB on the road.
    Given Jax's poor home performance though, that may even out.
    This game is a coin flip.

    Vikings vs Chicago - W
    Orton is back!
    Hooray.
    And after a smack down by Green Bay they will be fighting mad.
    Unfortunately for them I don't see any improvement.
    I think that Chicago has begun their spiral down, and I don't see them beating us at home.

    Vikings @ Detroit - W
    No game is a gimme, but this game is easily winnable.
    Yeah, they kept it close last time we played.
    But we are working much better as a team now.
    I see this as a win.

    Minnesota @ Arizona - W
    I know that Arizona is playoff bound, but the NFC West is the only division that makes the NFC North look good.
    AZ has four divisional wins already - against division rivals that have a combined 7 winds so far this year.
    I will give them some credit - they did beat Dallas (with Romo).
    But I honestly think the Vikings have this one.

    Minnesota vs Atlanta - L
    This is not last year's Atlanta.
    Ryan is the real deal, and Atlanta has owned the NFC North this year.
    They will also be fighting for a playoff spot, so expect them to come out with guns a blazin.
    This will be a tough loss.

    Minnesota vs NYG - L
    Nobody likes backing into the playoffs - but I don't see us winning this game either.
    Sucks to end the season on two straight home losses.
    The only hope is that NYG will be sitting their starters, as they should already have the NFC East wrapped up at this point.
    But they will also have a first round bye, and two weeks rest is often detrimental to the players.

    Summary - It all hinges on the Jacksonville game.
    Win and we finish 9-7 and very possibly in first place.
    Lose and we are 8-8 and out of the playoffs.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #20
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: A happy ending to the Vikings' season will be tough

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    3-3 is more likely

    We don't have a passing game with Gus.. We are too one dimensional
    Well, that has only been true the last two games, against good pass defenses.

    I'm hoping we can return to our previous form in the passing game.

    We need to start wearing the purple pants on the road. We suck on the road and need mojo.
    Ok, but a passing game isn't good unless it can be used effectively against good pass defenses.
    Putting up average passing numbers against bad pass defenses does not constitute anything other than average at best.

    Gus isn't the answer and Gus isn't taking us anywhere than a potential 1 and done.
    This is turning into a pretty disappointing season...so fucking typical.
    I'm sick of disappointment.
    Dissappointment? Coming into this year, we all knew our passing game was expected to be nothing more than average. If you thought Berrian and TJ were going to transform us into an elite passing team, you're kidding yourself.

    So yes, our passing game is average. Clearly Gus is not the answer, but he's the best we've got. Knowing that, it's unacceptable for AD not to touch the ball in the fourth quarter. The turnovers were horrible.

    We're not a passing team, so why people expect us to be one is puzzling.
    Nowhere did I or anybody say that we expected an elite passing game because of Berrian and TJ.
    I expected an average passing game this year...which is what we have (on a good day).
    What I didn't expect was to still be an average team.
    Good Defense, Good Offense (With AD) should equate to a good football team.
    Unfortunately this is not the case for our Minnesota Vikings.

    You don't have to be a "passing team" to be successful, but you have to have a "passing game".
    I totally agree. The X-factor here is ST, which found another way to bite us in the rear yesterday. If our ST was as average as out passing game,
    I'm thinking we'd be 7-3 right now.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. NFL considering ending season with division matchu
    By i_bleed_purple in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-24-2010, 06:33 PM
  2. 140-year-old lobster's tale has a happy ending
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-14-2009, 10:21 AM
  3. Tiger to have season-ending knee surgery
    By jmcdon00 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-19-2008, 10:42 AM
  4. Ray Lewis has season-ending surgery
    By michaelmazid in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-08-2005, 05:01 AM
  5. Two season ending injury's for big players
    By akvikefan89 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-13-2005, 01:59 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •