Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Erinnn is offline Starter

Re: Hank Baskett to the Vikings

Stonecoldet3 wrote:
    Erinnn wrote:
    I'm not going to come on here and act like I've followed Baskett's career and know a lot about him, but this one just has me asking why? Someone with more knowledge please enlighten me on how he fits into the offense and potentially benefits the team.
    He played on the Eagles, a team which runs a very similiar offense that we run. He should be familiar enough to atleast contribute somewhat immediately. Well that is my thought on the subject.
    Sorry I should have been more specific. Someone provide something other than he knows the system. I found one article that says he has ability to stretch the field. I'm not trying to be rude, I really don't know much about him. What does he offer?

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Kendra Wilkinson to the Vikings

Mr Anderson wrote:
    I hear Thomas Tapeh is back strong from his injury. Todd Pinkston is a real sleeper.

The only former Eagle we've given a chance who's come close to being even mediocre is Artis Hicks. Why do we keep signing them?

Edit: Greg Lewis made one big play for us, forgot about him. He's been pretty much useless for the rest of his time here.
    Lewis has one less yard than Berrian this season.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

ILLvike wrote:
    Oh god, another Eagles cast-off... thanks chilly
    Ex-Viking!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Holzberg is offline Rookie

So who will be out of the roster for him?

I bet it is Lewis.

Actually, I was hoping tha ass-hat Berrian would be the one, but I doubt that would happen. He has a couple more punts and passes to drop yet for Childress to figure out he sucks.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

As of 10:30 ET today, Baskett is not yet signed by the Vikings.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

He fits the big outside reciever mold at 6'4" 220lbs.

His wiki
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Baskett

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Minniman wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    I hear Thomas Tapeh is back strong from his injury. Todd Pinkston is a real sleeper.

The only former Eagle we've given a chance who's come close to being even mediocre is Artis Hicks. Why do we keep signing them?

Edit: Greg Lewis made one big play for us, forgot about him. He's been pretty much useless for the rest of his time here.
    Lewis has one less yard than Berrian this season.
    We're going into week 3. Lewis has 2 catches, Berrian 3. It's ridiculous to compare their production based on this season's statistics.

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

In truth, it's ridiculous to draw ANY conclusions about ANYBODY'S performance from the first two games......

Except that the pass protection has been uniformly awful and our own pass rush has been a bit lame.
    It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

jmcdon00 wrote:

His wiki
    Don't muddle this thread with the small fact that he isn't a field stretcher like some seem to think we need my friend.

On a side note, I remember, not to long ago, when we were tracking this guy, with several posters on here complaining that we let him go.

The end all to be all is they actually got a kid that (yes, I'm gonna say it) fits the whole we have in the WR corps and brought a guy in who can be that big target in the middle the Noodle is looking for all the time.

Problem is, I'm not sure he is good enough to really draw the attention a El Syd or a Vinny Jack would draw.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Holzberg is offline Rookie

Marrdro wrote:
    jmcdon00 wrote:

His wiki
    Don't muddle this thread with the small fact that he isn't a field stretcher like some seem to think we need my friend.

On a side note, I remember, not to long ago, when we were tracking this guy, with several posters on here complaining that we let him go.

The end all to be all is they actually got a kid that (yes, I'm gonna say it) fits the whole we have in the WR corps and brought a guy in who can be that big target in the middle the Noodle is looking for all the time.

Problem is, I'm not sure he is good enough to really draw the attention a El Syd or a Vinny Jack would draw.
    I'm sure he will draw more attention than Berrian.

Well wait, Berrian does draw a lot of attention because everybody likes turnovers!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast