Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 67
  1. #11
    PurplePeopleEaters's Avatar
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,901

    Re: Hank Baskett to the Vikings

    ILLvike wrote:
    Oh god, another Eagles cast-off... thanks chilly
    Actually he was originally a Vikings castoff because the FO thought that Billy McMuffin was a better option at the time.

    LADIES AND GENTLEMAN, WE GOT HIM!

  2. #12
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Hank Baskett to the Vikings

    Reminded me of this thread.

    Baskett & McMullen watch
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

  3. #13
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Hank Baskett to the Vikings

    I hear Thomas Tapeh is back strong from his injury. Todd Pinkston is a real sleeper.

    The only former Eagle we've given a chance who's come close to being even mediocre is Artis Hicks. Why do we keep signing them?

    Edit: Greg Lewis made one big play for us, forgot about him. He's been pretty much useless for the rest of his time here.

  4. #14
    CCthebest's Avatar
    CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,270

    Re: Hank Baskett to the Vikings

    You have got to be kidding. He was a joke here and a bigger one in Philly. Twill has btter hands and much quicker. I cant believe Dickless or whoever made this deal.

  5. #15
    Stonecoldet3's Avatar
    Stonecoldet3 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Grants Pass, OR
    Posts
    207

    Re: Hank Baskett to the Vikings

    Mr Anderson wrote:
    I hear Thomas Tapeh is back strong from his injury. Todd Pinkston is a real sleeper.

    The only former Eagle we've given a chance who's come close to being even mediocre is Artis Hicks. Why do we keep signing them?

    Edit: Greg Lewis made one big play for us, forgot about him. He's been pretty much useless for the rest of his time here.
    The only reason I can come up with is Baskett is in a position where he might help the team immediatly due to his familiarization with the type of offense we run. Couldn't hurt right?

  6. #16
    12purplepride28's Avatar
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,855
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Hank Baskett to the Vikings

    ILLvike wrote:
    12purplepride28 wrote:
    ILLvike wrote:
    thenetstud wrote:
    I assume that puts us out of the Vincent Jackson running.
    One can hope... He wouldn't help significantly anyway
    I definitely agree. Who needs a number one receiver anyways. We got b twice, mr migraine, one play wonder, and a guy that doesn't know the playbook. Why get someone with talent.
    Someone with talent who is one dumb move away from being out an entire year, won't be able to play until at least week 6, and who knows how well he will play then, after not practicing or being in training camp, and having to learn a new playbook. Better off saving the draft pick and taking a WR and a decent OL in the first two rounds...
    You mean like Jared Allen? And he will be able to practice after this week if my understanding is correct. He would only miss two games, two very winnable games especially if we can get our offense at least a little in sync. Then when Sydney comes back, we will have an extremely legit receiving tandem with Harvin and Camarillo playing 3 and 4. Next year we better draft a QB and an O-line man. With some d-line, safeties, and WRs scattered throughout the later rounds.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

  7. #17
    Erinnn is offline Starter
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    279

    Re: Hank Baskett to the Vikings

    I'm not going to come on here and act like I've followed Baskett's career and know a lot about him, but this one just has me asking why? Someone with more knowledge please enlighten me on how he fits into the offense and potentially benefits the team.

  8. #18
    Stonecoldet3's Avatar
    Stonecoldet3 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Grants Pass, OR
    Posts
    207

    Re: Hank Baskett to the Vikings

    Erinnn wrote:
    I'm not going to come on here and act like I've followed Baskett's career and know a lot about him, but this one just has me asking why? Someone with more knowledge please enlighten me on how he fits into the offense and potentially benefits the team.
    He played on the Eagles, a team which runs a very similiar offense that we run. He should be familiar enough to atleast contribute somewhat immediately. Well that is my thought on the subject.

  9. #19
    VikingMike's Avatar
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,820

    Re: Hank Baskett to the Vikings

    Stonecoldet3 wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    I hear Thomas Tapeh is back strong from his injury. Todd Pinkston is a real sleeper.

    The only former Eagle we've given a chance who's come close to being even mediocre is Artis Hicks. Why do we keep signing them?

    Edit: Greg Lewis made one big play for us, forgot about him. He's been pretty much useless for the rest of his time here.
    The only reason I can come up with is Baskett is in a position where he might help the team immediatly due to his familiarization with the type of offense we run. Couldn't hurt right?

    I get so tired of hearing that a guy fits in because he "knows the system". So that limits all of our acquisitions to ex-Eagles? If so, why not TO? Oh wait, Chilly doesn't like him. If we trade for Jackson, he won't play for 6-10 weeks because he has to "learn the system". Like where's Camarillo been? How difficult is it for him to go 10 yards and curl in? I understand that Chilly's offense is incredibly complex and takes months or possibly years to comprehend, but if you get players, they have to be able to make plays for you. Baskett couldn't even hold onto an onside kick.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

    Come from the land of the ice and snow...

  10. #20
    Stonecoldet3's Avatar
    Stonecoldet3 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Grants Pass, OR
    Posts
    207

    Re: Hank Baskett to the Vikings

    VikingMike wrote:
    Stonecoldet3 wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    I hear Thomas Tapeh is back strong from his injury. Todd Pinkston is a real sleeper.

    The only former Eagle we've given a chance who's come close to being even mediocre is Artis Hicks. Why do we keep signing them?

    Edit: Greg Lewis made one big play for us, forgot about him. He's been pretty much useless for the rest of his time here.
    The only reason I can come up with is Baskett is in a position where he might help the team immediatly due to his familiarization with the type of offense we run. Couldn't hurt right?

    I get so tired of hearing that a guy fits in because he "knows the system". So that limits all of our acquisitions to ex-Eagles? If so, why not TO? Oh wait, Chilly doesn't like him. If we trade for Jackson, he won't play for 6-10 weeks because he has to "learn the system". Like where's Camarillo been? How difficult is it for him to go 10 yards and curl in? I understand that Chilly's offense is incredibly complex and takes months or possibly years to comprehend, but if you get players, they have to be able to make plays for you. Baskett couldn't even hold onto an onside kick.
    While I agree with you, I would assume it would take time for someone who isnt familiar with the system to get the lyngo down for the routes to run etc...ofcourse I never played football so I am only assuming...funny how no-one remembers the 2 or 3 80 yard plus Touch Downs Baskett had while playing in the NFL but his mishandled an onside kick in his biggest game played

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Hank Baskett: Rookie receiver winning big fans
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 108
    Last Post: 09-23-2009, 08:48 AM
  2. Eagles sign WR Hank Baskett to 1-year deal
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-24-2009, 01:33 PM
  3. Hank Baskett
    By VikingPatrick in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-08-2006, 12:37 PM
  4. Vikings sign Hank Baskett WR, New Mexico
    By iluvbigtds in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 05-06-2006, 06:52 AM
  5. Hank Stram, Dead at 82...
    By NordicNed in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-05-2005, 07:36 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •