Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 374
  1. #11
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Hands off the panic buttons! :)

    VKG4LFE wrote:
    I hate Favre
    I can't believe I'm gonna say this, however, Hate is such a nasty word, especially for a cat that appears to be doing his level best to carry this team.

    Lets give him at least one more game before we resort to using the "Hate" word my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #12
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Hands off the panic buttons! :)

    jonj1 wrote:
    if we don't bench F-bomb, we are not going to make the playoffs.
    You can make valid arguments about Favre playing poorly, and I wont argue it. I do think that his game is going to come around, and we saw a glimmer of that in the second half last night.

    But to make a blanket statement like that is rediculous. If we don't bench Favre we don't make the playoffs? Anyone who says we definately make or don't make the playoffs based on a single player is being an idiot.

    I think we probably make the playoffs - not as the #1 or #2, but most likely as the NFC North champion. I also think that our chances of making it are much better with Favre than without him - at least for now. Barring further injury to his right arm he is still the best QB we have on roster.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #13
    jonj1 is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    19

    Re: Hands off the panic buttons! :)

    NodakPaul wrote:
    jonj1 wrote:
    if we don't bench F-bomb, we are not going to make the playoffs.
    You can make valid arguments about Favre playing poorly, and I wont argue it. I do think that his game is going to come around, and we saw a glimmer of that in the second half last night.

    But to make a blanket statement like that is rediculous. If we don't bench Favre we don't make the playoffs? Anyone who says we definately make or don't make the playoffs based on a single player is being an idiot.

    I think we probably make the playoffs - not as the #1 or #2, but most likely as the NFC North champion. I also think that our chances of making it are much better with Favre than without him - at least for now. Barring further injury to his right arm he is still the best QB we have on roster.
    1) I'm not an idiot. The quarterback is the most important position in all of team sports. Not the starting pitcher, nor the top scorer in NBA is more important.

    2) His arm has tendonitus. This situation will probably get worse as the season progresses. So he probably won't
    get any better.

    3) He has had a bad elbow in 2008 and played like crap with the Jets the final 5 games.

    4) He has played very poorly in the first four games giving up the ball 2.4 times a game.

    5) Our schedule includes in it 9 games against teams with winning records...so far our record against teams with winning records is 0-3 (are we gonna make the playoffs with 12 loses??)

    6) Our defense is getting tired of having to carry the team each week without results...this will show up with worse play from the defense as the season progresses...it almost always does.

    We'll see if I'm correct by seasons' end.

    P.S. It's not nice to call someone an idiot.
    None

  4. #14
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,226

    Re: Hands off the panic buttons! :)

    jonj1 wrote:
    midgensa wrote:
    jonj1 wrote:
    I agree with your good points. But the fact still stands our most important position, the quarterback, is playing very poorly.

    2.4 turnovers a game by the qb.

    56% completion percentage.
    30th in a field of 32.

    We can't blame the WR's...favre has just been missing his passes.

    Dallas has the second best offense in football in YPG.

    I seriously doubt we will be 4-3.

    Remember Favre gets even worse in the last 4 to 5 games of the season. He did it the last 3 years...though it would be hard to be worse than a QB rating of 67.

    P.S. I deleted those redundant posts that you didn't like.
    jonj1 wrote:
    The biggest problem is our QB. One has to understand Favre will be worse in December, the last two years he has.

    He misses passes, misses open receivers. He is the second or third worst QB in the league.

    It is going to be a long season with him.
    Obviously Favre is not playing well right now ... that cannot be argued. But spouting crap to try and prove your point is just silly ... when all you need to do is talk about the 4 games he has played this season.

    As a matter of fact ... in the last 4 games of the season last year, Favre had a 107 rating with 1200 yards, 11 TDs and 2 INTs.

    While there should be a mega-since of urgency at this point ... the season is CLEARLY not lost.

    The NFC looks terrible, we started 1-3 just TWO years ago and won the division with what was - talent wise - not as good a team as we have now.

    This Dallas game is obviously very important. We MUST win this game to get things turned around.

    But while the season is not promising ... it is definitely not a lost cause ... yet.
    Excuse me???!!!

    I didn't "spout crap" Favre had a rating of 107 last year.
    In the four games IN DECEMBER, he didn't match that rating a single game.

    Bears--F-bombs rating 106== loss
    Panthers--F-bomb's rating 73--loss
    Bengals--F-bomb's rating 73==win
    Cardinals--F-bombs rating 79--loss

    So if F-bomb(Favre) shows the same consistency as he has IN DECEMBER---the last two years---and using his rating so far this season 67(only Bradford, Andreson, and Claussen(a backup) are worse) Then his rating IN DECEMBER---should be in the 50's.

    Giving away 3 turnovers a game....which F-bomb has done consistently so far this year....is a recipe for a loss..in 80% of the games.

    if we don't bench F-bomb, we are not going to make the playoffs.



    P
    Lol ... very convenient to throw out JANUARY ... but that tends to be the arguments from all the anti-Favre crowd that have created accounts in the last two months.

    Clear that he is not playing well ... but talking about last December (and leaving out January because it hurts your argument) is just spinning things to look however you want them to look.

    You have plenty of ammo from games 1, 2, 3 and 4 to not have to go back and spin the games from last December and conveniently leave out his very good January.

  5. #15
    soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    357

    Re: Hands off the panic buttons! :)

    Marrdro wrote:
    VKG4LFE wrote:
    I hate Favre
    I can't believe I'm gonna say this, however, Hate is such a nasty word, especially for a cat that appears to be doing his level best to carry this team.

    Lets give him at least one more game before we resort to using the "Hate" word my friend.
    Rare form Marty you ar cracking me up....you see the tide turning...now the masses will start turning to darkside that has been yours and singers the past 13 months....now its time to enjoy the benefits of your forsight BF is now what you were saying last year....now last year he wasnt... but that didnt stop you from calling him noodle, Now he does have a noodle arm and your reversing your stance? ohhhhh your a coy one sir, a chesire cat, yes indeed ...wipe that smile of your face....NOW..... wipe it off
    dont chuckle :woohoo:
    come on its not funny :blink:
    not at all
    STOP smiling

  6. #16
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,226

    Re: Hands off the panic buttons! :)

    Marrdro wrote:
    VKG4LFE wrote:
    I hate Favre
    I can't believe I'm gonna say this, however, Hate is such a nasty word, especially for a cat that appears to be doing his level best to carry this team.

    Lets give him at least one more game before we resort to using the "Hate" word my friend.
    I am definitely in this boat ... especially after seeing a promising second half last night.


    But this Dallas game ... in our house ... is VERY IMPORTANT.

  7. #17
    jonj1 is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    19

    Re: Hands off the panic buttons! :)

    midgensa wrote:
    jonj1 wrote:
    midgensa wrote:
    jonj1 wrote:
    I agree with your good points. But the fact still stands our most important position, the quarterback, is playing very poorly.

    2.4 turnovers a game by the qb.

    56% completion percentage.
    30th in a field of 32.

    We can't blame the WR's...favre has just been missing his passes.

    Dallas has the second best offense in football in YPG.

    I seriously doubt we will be 4-3.

    Remember Favre gets even worse in the last 4 to 5 games of the season. He did it the last 3 years...though it would be hard to be worse than a QB rating of 67.

    P.S. I deleted those redundant posts that you didn't like.
    jonj1 wrote:
    The biggest problem is our QB. One has to understand Favre will be worse in December, the last two years he has.

    He misses passes, misses open receivers. He is the second or third worst QB in the league.

    It is going to be a long season with him.
    Obviously Favre is not playing well right now ... that cannot be argued. But spouting crap to try and prove your point is just silly ... when all you need to do is talk about the 4 games he has played this season.

    As a matter of fact ... in the last 4 games of the season last year, Favre had a 107 rating with 1200 yards, 11 TDs and 2 INTs.

    While there should be a mega-since of urgency at this point ... the season is CLEARLY not lost.

    The NFC looks terrible, we started 1-3 just TWO years ago and won the division with what was - talent wise - not as good a team as we have now.

    This Dallas game is obviously very important. We MUST win this game to get things turned around.

    But while the season is not promising ... it is definitely not a lost cause ... yet.
    Excuse me???!!!

    I didn't "spout crap" Favre had a rating of 107 last year.
    In the four games IN DECEMBER, he didn't match that rating a single game.

    Bears--F-bombs rating 106== loss
    Panthers--F-bomb's rating 73--loss
    Bengals--F-bomb's rating 73==win
    Cardinals--F-bombs rating 79--loss

    So if F-bomb(Favre) shows the same consistency as he has IN DECEMBER---the last two years---and using his rating so far this season 67(only Bradford, Andreson, and Claussen(a backup) are worse) Then his rating IN DECEMBER---should be in the 50's.

    Giving away 3 turnovers a game....which F-bomb has done consistently so far this year....is a recipe for a loss..in 80% of the games.

    if we don't bench F-bomb, we are not going to make the playoffs.



    P
    Lol ... very convenient to throw out JANUARY ... but that tends to be the arguments from all the anti-Favre crowd that have created accounts in the last two months.

    Clear that he is not playing well ... but talking about last December (and leaving out January because it hurts your argument) is just spinning things to look however you want them to look.

    You have plenty of ammo from games 1, 2, 3 and 4 to not have to go back and spin the games from last December and conveniently leave out his very good January.

    I'm not a Favre hater. The fact is he hasn't played consistently since the 4th quarter of the NFC championship. Which by the way wss in January and Favre rating was 70.

    His 7 InTs could be worse, at least 5 other passes should have been picked this year.

    He hasn't thrown well at all in the 4th quarter of any of our 3 losses.

    But it is not all Favre's fault....the coach also has made many bad decisions...(like the one not to follow up Rice's injury in the offseason.....what a mistake!)

    You can say Favre will get better...but the stats show 29 teams with better QBs and some of those teams don't have the receiving corp we have(Harvin, Berrian, and Shianco.

    Just because I'm new here doesn't mean I don't have some valid points.

    Check back at week 16 when our season looks over.
    None

  8. #18
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Hands off the panic buttons! :)

    We will be fine. We are simply shooting ourselves in the foot, and when we stop doing that, we will dominate.

    -V-
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  9. #19
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,226

    Re: Hands off the panic buttons! :)

    V-Unit wrote:
    We will be fine. We are simply shooting ourselves in the foot, and IF we stop doing that, we SHOULD dominate.

    -V-
    Fixed ... though I will keep the faith also.

  10. #20
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,275

    Re: Hands off the panic buttons! :)

    Definetly too early to panic. Even last year, when everything was going right I'm not sure we would have won at New Orleans or at Jets. The Dolphins game is the only one that we clearly should have won. We have not been blown out in any game.

    Looking at the rest of the schedule this is how I predict it playing out.

    Cowpies-W
    @ GreenBay-L(Favre owns them so who knows)
    @ New England-L
    Arizona-W
    Half way point 3-5
    @Chicago-L
    GreenBay-W
    @Washington-W
    Bills-W
    Giants-W
    Bears-W
    @philly-L
    @detroit-W

    That puts us at 9-7, Hopefully they can make up for the Miami loss with an upset win either at GB or at Chicago. 10-6 should get us in the playoffs, atleast as a wildcard.

    Look at the Packers schedule and they have:
    @Jets
    @MN
    @Atlanta
    @New England
    That's 4 more losses for the pack and a 10-6 mark

    Bears have the easiest schedule but there final 4 games are
    Patriots
    @minnesota
    Jets
    @GB
    all very losable games.

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lock/Unlock Topic buttons
    By Zeus in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 06:17 PM
  2. Do Not Panic Yet! Do Not...
    By snowinapril in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 09-20-2005, 03:26 PM
  3. No need to panic
    By vikez06 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-13-2004, 12:04 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •