Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Hands off the panic buttons! :)

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    Jackson is a bum. He doesn't throw picks because he is afraid to throw the ball.

It's humorous because aside from one game, Jackson hasn't done shit to prove he belongs as an NFL starter. Even his crotch sniffing, clay molding coach runs out and begs somebody else to come play in front of him, yet the Tjack lovers think he should start over Favre...lol hypocrites.
    Watchout. You keep calling TJ names like that and people will lable you a hater just as they labled me a hater for calling the Noodle the Noodle. :P
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I still hate him and will continue to use that strong word. He did show glimpses Monday night of his mid 90s self, however you just knew on that fateful drive he himself was going to rip out hearts out, and not the Jets' fans.

If we don't win both of the next two games we are done. We won't be able to make up the needed ground to get back into this thing.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    Brick wrote:
    Anyone advocating that Favre should still be starting is a Favre fan, not a Vikings fan. That's the truth.
    You hear that guys? Apparently if you want a HOF QB managing your team over Tarvaris Jackson you're not a real Vikings fan.

LMFAO. Now I've heard it all. Jeezus F'ing Chriist.
    I don't care who we have at QB but if we have a HOF QB, with a banged up arm, he isn't a HOF QB anymore. He is a QB that has a banged up arm.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Brick is offline Pro-Bowler

BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    Brick wrote:
    Anyone advocating that Favre should still be starting is a Favre fan, not a Vikings fan. That's the truth.
    You hear that guys? Apparently if you want a HOF QB managing your team over Tarvaris Jackson you're not a real Vikings fan.

Favre used to be a HOF QB, but he's showing every bit of his 40 years... his numbers this season are well below Jackson's when he was benched in 2008. That's just the truth, whether or not you accept that is irrelevant.

If we lose two or three more games this season, we're not making the playoffs.

We've seen what Favre has to offer in 2010, all I'm saying is lets see what Jackson offers.
    None

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

I don't care who we have at QB but if we have a HOF QB, with a banged up arm, he isn't a HOF QB anymore. He is a QB that has a banged up arm.
    I wouldn't worry too much about the "banged up" arm.

If Favre chooses to play, the "banged up" arm will somehow, miracle of miracles, be throwing TD passes on Sunday.

Funny how that happens.

You are SO naive.

I bet you think professional wrestling is not rigged, right?

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

Brick is offline Pro-Bowler

Marrdro wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    Brick wrote:

Give them time, Marrdro. I'm sure after week 7 and two more loses, they'll come around.
    None

Infidel is offline Star Spokesman

Give them time, Marrdro. I'm sure after week 7 and two more loses, they'll come around.
    After we beat Dallas they'll be bouncing off the walls in pure ecstasy.

The next game.....they'll be crying and confused again....but hopeful.

That's all part of the master plan.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
    --John Wooden

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

BloodyHorns82 wrote:

Here are a few reasons why the Favre supporters want him starting over Jackson:

In Favre's 1 season as a Viking he managed 500 more yards passing then Jackson did in 33 games as a Viking (of which he started 22).

In one season Favre passed for 12 more TDs than Jackson managed in his 5 year career!

Even this shit smelling season, Favre is only 200 passing yards shy of Jackson's entire 2008 season, the season the Tjack lovers love to reference.

Jackson is a bum. He doesn't throw picks because he is afraid to throw the ball.

It's humorous because aside from one game, Jackson hasn't done shit to prove he belongs as an NFL starter. Even his crotch sniffing, clay molding coach runs out and begs somebody else to come play in front of him, yet the Tjack lovers think he should start over Favre...lol hypocrites.
    That's hilarious and true at the same time...

All jackson is is a game manager. he throws to guys once they are open, not with anticipation that makes all good qb's good. he's a product of childress, who, if you haven't noticed isn't exactly the offensive guru he's cracked himself up to be....

TJ is a good back up... I wish him well, but as of right now, that's all he is... hell, he didn't even look good in pre-season, he looked like the same old average QB.... The "it" factor is lacking with him...

All he is is a more athletic version of Mark Sanchez, or a very poor man's Mcnabb.... All these cries for TJack are ridiculous... if we were out of it then fine, give him the reigns and let him prove he can be a good QB... but to bench Favre is lieu of Tj would really be considered giving up at this point...

RELAX everyone we're 1-3... what's with all the panicing... yall sound like Dallas fans...

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Brick wrote:
    BloodyHorns82 wrote:
    Brick wrote:

Favre used to be a HOF QB, but he's showing every bit of his 40 years... his numbers this season are well below Jackson's when he was benched in 2008. That's just the truth, whether or not you accept that is irrelevant.

If we lose two more games this season, we're not making the playoffs.
    YOu can't compare Jackson's first two games to Favre's 4. Furthermore, most of us were strongly against Jackson's benching in the first place.

Jacksons 2008 stats are completely irrelevant to the fact we are 1-3.

Favre hasn't played great this season. 5TDs and 7INTs isn't good. But to be so confident that Jackson would have led us to 4-0 or whatever imaginative record you have in mind is also ridiculous. Jackson has not proved anything to anybody in this league. Favre has. Favre has also proved the ability to overcome diversity and rebound.

I BELIEVE that Favre has a better chance of turning things around (even with injured elbow) than Jackson does of stepping in and being a true LEADER on this team and driving the field and winnings games.

And we are not missing the playoffs if we finish 11-5...not in the NFC.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Brick wrote:
    Favre supporters point to Jackson's 2008 season to say he sucks... yet Jackson's 2008 season (even the first two games) are head and shoulders above Favre's current play.

It's humorous because we're in a worse situation now than 2008, yet they want to stick with Favre... lol, hypocrites.
    That is a fair (if somewhat confrontational ) statement to make.

I agree - we are in a worse situation now than we were after 2 games in 2008. I also agree that our QB play over the past four games is worse than it was for the first two games of 2008.

And yet TJack was benched for his performance, and Favre has not been.

Putting it like that, I can see why you would think it is hypocritical. But I think that just looking at it that way fails to take prior performance into account.

Favre has a fairly well proven track record. TJack does not. With Favre, many of us believe that his performance will improve. Obviously the coaching staff feels the same way. In 2008, many of us were not confident that TJack's performance would improve. Obviously neither was the coaching staff.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast