Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    johnkdbr is offline Training Camp

Hands down Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma St.

It would be a crime if we pass on Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma St. with our number 8 pick. This guy is a game changer. You could put him up there with AP & CP as big play threats. He would start day 1 across from Rhodes & return punts & by the end of the year I think would have a chance at rookie of the year. This guy is lightning quick & fast. Int TD returns & punt returns. Just hope we pull the trigger.

313zoe is offline Starter
    Blog Entries

Hands down Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma St.

Only way he get drafted is Mack, Barr and all top 3 QB's are gone then yea pull tha trigger on him and they have no depth at tha CB's position so this would be a nice pick up as well

I completely agree with this pick. Even if Mack is still on the board. Everything about this guy has superstar CB all over it. Plays man coverage extremely well and can also pay the run.Most of all he is a speedster. No way he should get past 8.
    Last edited by vikingsfan620; 02-28-2014 at 07:36 PM.

smegmavike is online now Coordinator
    Josh Robinson is faster.

Not by much and Gilbert is far better in coverage. BUT I still have high hopes for Robinson to get it together and be extremly productive.. I really believe that Zimmer along with Turner will get the most out of their players on BOTH sides of the ball.Something they lacked with the last staff,motivation,teaching and most importantly support to succeed. But yes Robinson is faster than Gilbert......lol

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    really, thats your argument? Lol Josh Robinson couldnt cover his own nut sack with his hand.

Troy Williamson was faster than most, how did that work out?

If Mack is there @ 8, Id pick him every time!!

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beersTommy View Post
    really, thats your argument? Lol Josh Robinson couldnt cover his own nut sack with his hand.

Damn dude... So, Josh has elderly man balls? TMI

There are great arguments for many players at #8. Gilbert, Mack, Carr, Barr, Bortles, Ford (yes, Ford), and Mosley, etc, could be worthy.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Gilbert got burnt at an incredible pace last year. Dennard is the true shut down corner. Only 31 passess attempted to his side last season. There's a reason.

purpleblood32 is offline Starter
    Blog Entries
    good point thats under 3 attempts per game

smegmavike is online now Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beersTommy View Post

No. If you are referring to my post, my point is that one should be cautious about evaluating players based on combine a measurable. Robinson was the fastest guy at the combine and can't cover worth a crap. About the only thing that is really important at the combine are the interviews.
    I'd take Mack over a cornerback as well. But I'm kind of hoping for a Bellichek type draft, with the Vikings moving back in the first and second rounds for more picks. Lots of good players in this draft. And lots of holes to plug.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast