Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Half time speech

He said, "If we win....party...Lake Minnetonka on me!"

:lol:

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

I'll stick with my theory. I believe they "locked" Looney in a locker at half-time & Tice and/or Rhome did the 2nd half play calling. Did anyone but me notice the difference in the offensive play calls from the 1st half to the 2nd?

Personally, even though it didn't work, I loved seeing the 'ol fleaflicker!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

SamDawg84 Guest

1 of my classmates was on the same boat but the day before that happened.... and at the lake lol..... she is a b!t#$ !!!!!!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    He said, "If we win....party...Lake Minnetonka on me!"

:lol:

LMAO

That was good Ultra!

The first time in 2 years that he yelled at the players at half time, maybe he should have done it a lot sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The last packer drive of the game we went into a dam prevent defense and they marched on us. I f*cking hate that, have some balls!! Favre had way to much time in the pocket!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Big C is offline Coordinator

KFAN said that at halftime Tice was very emotional and fired up. Burleson said that it sounded like he was going to walk of the locker room and hit someone on the punt return. I just could not help but burst out laughing. Way to get the boys fired up.

As someone else pointed out earlier, I DID notice a HUGE change in the playcalling in the second half. My speculation is that they hog-tied loney and let Rhome call the plays DIRECTLY to Culpepper. The entire offense knew what to do. I mean, no penalties in the second half? I mean, that's just not right! We HAVE to have at least 2 Rosey false starts.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Posted on Mon, Oct. 24, 2005

Tice fires up Vikings

BY SEAN JENSEN

Pioneer Press

With players struggling on and off the field, Vikings coach Mike Tice has been the most accessible target on the team.

Sports Illustrated revealed that Tice threatened to fight players late in the 2004 season, and ESPN aired a feature Sunday morning that included a critical quote from former Vikings receiver Jake Reed.

Still, according to receiver Nate Burleson, Tice was poised in his preparation last week.

"Coach Tice is dealing with a lot of pressure from fans, the media and everybody else," Burleson said. "But when he came to work this week, he came to work excited and focused on what needed to be done, and he showed us what we needed to do."

After the must-win victory over the Green Bay Packers on Sunday, Tice deflected the credit for the team's success.

"I'm happy for the players and for the coaches. I'm not worried about me. I'm fine," he said. "I'm very pleased for them. They went out and won a big game for us. We're 2-4. We have an opportunity to go on the road this week and get better, and hopefully, we can build on this.

"I'm proud of the players and the coaches. I'm proud of them all for sticking together for this week."

Running back Michael Bennett said he was thrilled for his embattled coach.

"As much as he has been through emotionally, it's great to get a win for coach Tice," Bennett said. "You could see him on his knees (as Paul Edinger lined up for the game-winning 56-yard field goal) like, 'Come on, come on.' When the kick went through, he jumped high enough to touch the top of the Metrodome."

Early in the game, Tice tried to turn around his offensive line. After quarterback Daunte Culpepper was sacked twice on the opening series, Tice bee-lined toward his linemen as they walked off the field. He screamed at them and slapped starting right guard Adam Goldberg in the chest.

Asked about Tice's interest in his unit, left tackle Bryant McKinnie said, "We just looked at it as, if all of us block our guy, that'll give other guys a chance to make a big play."

At halftime, with the Vikings trailing 17-0, Tice was admittedly annoyed with his players. He said he gave a "stern" address to his players, adding that he talked "negatively for the first time in two years."

The reaction was mixed.

"He wasn't angry," Burleson said. "He was emphatic. It was like another guy with pads was talking. Coach Tice is a tremendous leader."

But linebacker E.J. Henderson said Tice didn't seem too upset and added, "He wasn't telling us anything we didn't know."

Now, Tice's attention turns to the Carolina Panthers, a team with a 4-2 record.

"If we don't go on the road and play well, this game is for nothing," Tice said. "It really is for nothing."

Sean Jensen can be reached at [email protected]

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

BigSkyvikefan is offline Training Camp

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    i'm sorry hitstick but i don't see that at all. Pep is not a vocal leader at all, i really can't see him getting all fired up and yelling at the team to light a fire under them.
    Pep not a "Vocal" leader? Do you personally know the guy? Then how can you say that? I think it was both Tice and Daunte. And quite frankly, the whole team. Whatever was said, and by whom. It worked. The Vikings Rock!

:razz:

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I heard that Tice "pimpslapped" Daunte at halftime and said "Who's Your Daddy!"...Pep didn't like it but he went out and won the game for his "pimpdaddy" Tice!!! LOL
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Del Rio Guest

"BigSkyvikefan" wrote:
    "mnvikes61" wrote:
    i'm sorry hitstick but i don't see that at all. Pep is not a vocal leader at all, i really can't see him getting all fired up and yelling at the team to light a fire under them.
    Pep not a "Vocal" leader? Do you personally know the guy? Then how can you say that? I think it was both Tice and Daunte. And quite frankly, the whole team. Whatever was said, and by whom. It worked. The Vikings Rock!

:razz:
    The guy is suggesting he wants to fine his players for making mistakes.

I think he has a long way to go to becoming a leader on the team. An idenity.

I gained a lot of respect for Tice when he took that burden upon himself he should have done it sooner, maybe he has been trying to let Daunte take that roll.

There was a great interview with Drew Bledsoe on being an aggressive and vocal leader of the entire offense. He basically said it comes with age and experience so Daunte is learning still IMO.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234