Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SageVike is offline Starter

The Guy Who Dresses Up As A Viking At Home Games Isnt Happy With His Vikings!!

http://www.startribune.com/510/story/1076132.html

WOW

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The Guy Who Dresses Up As A Viking At Home Games Isnt Happy With His Vikings!!

Some of the anger has emanated from a small group of season-ticket holders whose seats were reclassified and marked up almost 40 percent for the 2007 season.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Re: The Guy Who Dresses Up As A Viking At Home Games Isnt Happy With His Vikings!!

This isn't surprising at all.

In this thread SIA asks this of Minnesotans...

http://www.purplepride.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=88888914&topic=322 31.60

How many of you in MN hear this at work, or from family or from your local pub?
    That Wilf is throwing the team down the Crapper.
    And if so, it is probably coming from your resident ZimTwister like employee.
    I just don't see it being that prevalent.
    Minnesotans, correct me if I am wrong.
    On the next page, March 9, I answered him. I don't hear that he's throwing the team down the crapper on purpose, just that fans across the state are very disgruntled.

This is old news.

"SageVike" wrote:
    http://www.startribune.com/510/story/1076132.html

WOW
    Oh, and Bob Lurtsema is NOT the guy who dresses up as a Viking at home games.

Property0f is offline Pro-Bowler

I dont know why these ticket holders are getting all bent out of shape so fast. I mean they could have atleast waited till after the draft.

If we get off to a good start again this year everyone will forget about the offseason woes.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: The Guy Who Dresses Up As A Viking At Home Games Isnt Happy With His Vikings

"BadlandsViking" wrote:

Some of the anger has emanated from a small group of season-ticket holders whose seats were reclassified and marked up almost 40 percent for the 2007 season.
    It was 150 seats out of 64,000.
    Less than one quarter of one percent of all the seats.
    And they were seats on the 50 yard line.
    High in the second level, but 50 yard line none the less (BTW, if you do the math, it amounts to 2 rows across 2 sections).

I also laughed at this quote:
    Earlier this winter, Tammy Ring of Stillwater received an invitation to visit Winter Park. A season-ticket holder, Ring participated in one of four focus groups the Vikings have held.

The group discussed game-day atmosphere at the Metrodome, season ticket prices and marketing slogans. But when the conversation turned to on-field issues, the group's leaders -- members of the sales and marketing staff -- said they "had no voice in that," Ring said, and dismissed the topic.
    What?
    You mean a focus group for Marketing didn't take questions about team coaching and strategy?
    I thought every NFL team's marketing department played a key role in on the field strategy?
    I could have swore that their web designer had Childress's ear on draft day...:
    Good Christ people, get a clue.

Personally I grin whenever I hear that someone who has had tickets for 10+ years cancels.
    Give me a chance to move up even more.
    And in three or four years when we are hosting the NFC Championship game, I hope they are kicking themselves in the ass for giving them up.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Re: The Guy Who Dresses Up As A Viking At Home Games Isnt Happy With His Vikings

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:

High in the second level, but 50 yard line none the less (BTW, if you do the math, it amounts to 2 rows across 2 sections).

Earlier this winter, Tammy Ring of Stillwater received an invitation to visit Winter Park. A season-ticket holder, Ring participated in one of four focus groups the Vikings have held.

The group discussed game-day atmosphere at the Metrodome, season ticket prices and marketing slogans. But when the conversation turned to on-field issues, the group's leaders -- members of the sales and marketing staff -- said they "had no voice in that," Ring said, and dismissed the topic.
    What?
    You mean a focus group for Marketing didn't take questions about team coaching and strategy?
    I thought every NFL team's marketing department played a key role in on the field strategy?

Personally I grin whenever I hear that someone who has had tickets for 10+ years cancels.
    And in three or four years when we are hosting the NFC Championship game, I hope they are kicking themselves in the ass for giving them up.
    I hope you do get 'em. then I can buy them from you for 70% of face value! ;D

Or maybe in a warmer climate.

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:

What?

And in three or four years when we are hosting the NFC Championship game, I hope they are kicking themselves in the jiggly butt for giving them up.
    The marketing team has a say in how that strategy is relayed to public.
    So far, their strategy has sucked monkey balls and fans want a reason for why we should trust their plan.
    Which is hard to do if you have no clue what the plan is.

Let me clarify.
    A plan for building a team is NOT the same thing as a game plan and, to keep your fan base happy, should be revealed to the public.

I might get season tickets this year because they should be relatively inexpensive and giving up on my Vikings long term is not something Im prepared to do.
    However, it looks like Childress is going to be here for another couple years and, at the rate he is going, the will be completely destroyed and could take a while to rebuild.
    Now I am not willing to pay for season tickets to watch the team suck for 3-4 years and then pay for tickets for another 3-4 years while we try to rebuild this mess.

I have no faith in Zygi or Spielman and less faith in Childress.
    So at least we will have a good amount of cap space.
    I might get a Rob Brzenzski
    jersey.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

Creep is offline Pro-Bowler

The guy who dresses up as a
    Viking is Syd Davey, from Canada,(Goes by the name of "100% Cheese Free") I may be too drunk, but I didn't see his namr there. Google this guys name, you'll find some great stories about him and his love for the Vikes..
    Did they mention the"Guy""""??? Because Bob L. ,.has been posting for years,..he's one of our own that we look to for some inside info about being a Viking!!!
    But I still dont get this topic.Who is the guy that dresses up as a Viking??? 'Cause it sure as shit aint "100% Cheese Free"
    *FIGHTING FOR PEACE, IS LIKE FUCKING FOR CELIBACY.*

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

I thought it was Paul Ragnar who dressed up?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast