Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Gut instincts?

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,206

    Re: Confidence level...

    I'm not ready to discount the Cowboys chances just because Romo and TO won't be playing.
    Usually defensive guys and special teamers play most of the game, and those two units can still win games.
    I give the Cowboys at least one chance in four and us at least 50%.
    I guess that means that I think the Vikes have about a 12.5% chance.


    Here's hoping.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

  2. #22
    thejck's Avatar
    thejck is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    26

    Re: Gut instincts?

    saints loose
    skins lead and vikings give up in the 4th quarter because of it
    then the skins go ahead and loose as well and the vikings will sulk till the next season

    sorry the vikings blew their opportunity and the skins have the momentum.. however if i was the cowboys I would want to knock them out now rather than face a possible playoff rematch..also seeing the way we played last 2 games people would rather fancy thier chances against us instead

  3. #23
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Confidence level...

    "Overlord" wrote:
    I'm not ready to discount the Cowboys chances just because Romo and TO won't be playing.
    Usually defensive guys and special teamers play most of the game, and those two units can still win games.
    I give the Cowboys at least one chance in four and us at least 50%.
    I guess that means that I think the Vikes have about a 12.5% chance.


    Here's hoping.
    Romo isn't listed as inactive.
    TO is though.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  4. #24
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Gut instincts?

    "thejck" wrote:
    saints loose
    skins lead and vikings give up in the 4th quarter because of it
    then the skins go ahead and loose as well and the vikings will sulk till the next season

    sorry the vikings blew their opportunity and the skins have the momentum.. however if i was the cowboys I would want to knock them out now rather than face a possible playoff rematch..also seeing the way we played last 2 games people would rather fancy thier chances against us instead
    Amazing how it takes five straight wins for fans to get behind the team again, and then one loss for them to abandon them again.

    In case you are forgetting, the Vikings are still the #1 rushing team in the NFL.
    We still have the #1 rushing D in the NFL.
    We have a QB who is sometimes hit or miss - but when he is on he plays well.
    We have AD, and we are [size=14pt]STILL IN THE RACE FOR THE PLAYOFFS.[/size]

    Until this afternoon's games are over, I refuse to give up on the team.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #25
    TheVike is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    71

    Re: Gut instincts?

    As for me I bleeeeeeeeeeed purple and will go to my grave with them wim or lose they have always been competitors and studs in the NFl if you look at winning percentages and playoff appearences since Pro football began PERIOD

  6. #26
    x-ray jeff's Avatar
    x-ray jeff is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    812

    Re: Gut instincts?


    In case you are forgetting, the Vikings are still the #1 rushing team in the NFL.
    We still have the #1 rushing D in the NFL.
    We have a QB who is sometimes hit or miss - but when he is on he plays well.
    We have AD, and we are [size=14pt]STILL IN THE RACE FOR THE PLAYOFFS.[/size]

    Until this afternoon's games are over, I refuse to give up on the team.
    [/quote]


    Peterson has some extra incentives to reach before the season ends. I hope he blows up today.

  7. #27
    TheVike is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    71

    Re: Gut instincts?

    u da man jeff i bleed purpple and will go to my grave with them regardless!!!!!!!!!!

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,206

    Re: Confidence level...

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Overlord" wrote:
    I'm not ready to discount the Cowboys chances just because Romo and TO won't be playing.
    Usually defensive guys and special teamers play most of the game, and those two units can still win games.
    I give the Cowboys at least one chance in four and us at least 50%.
    I guess that means that I think the Vikes have about a 12.5% chance.


    Here's hoping.
    Romo isn't listed as inactive.
    TO is though.
    Got that.
    But just because a guy is active and dressed doesn't mean they're going to play.

    What I've heard (just talk) is that Romo won't play or won't play past the 1st quarter.
    I've not heard or seen anything from the coach's mouth though.

    I hope Romo does play, because I like the Cowboys chances much better with Romo than with Brad.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

  9. #29
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Gut instincts?

    "TheVike" wrote:
    What does yours say?
    In this order:
    Saints win in OT
    Skins lose in OT
    Vikes lose on last play if game.....dejavu from a couple years back OMG UGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!
    Pretty good odds

  10. #30
    TheVike is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    71

    Re: Gut instincts?

    Again, sadly what did I say when I started this post of course our beloved Vikes tho.........fulfilled it!
    YUK

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sharper succeeds by trusting instincts
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-05-2006, 11:41 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •