NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Gus is the man this weekend

"Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=47936.msg838302#msg838302 date=1221672973]
    [quote author=sdfrenchy link=topic=47936.msg838298#msg838298 date=1221672741]
    This is all Chiller's fault, and heres why. He handed the job to an unproven guy from DivIAA before he was ready. He never had another quarterback to challenge or mentor Tjack, not even a solid backup. Who in their right mind would do something like that? He put all his eggs in the Tjack basket and I can't wait until he gets fired for it. What a jerkoff.
    I agree.
    Gus is actually a great mentor, but he would have been needed last year, not this one.
    The QB situation stinks, and it is [s]Childress'[/s]s fault.
    If we don't make the playoffs, he needs to go.
    Where's Marty to line out the way personnel decisions are made?
    The FO doesn't decide who the starter is.
    Nor do they make personnel decisions in a vacuum.
    Childress obviously had a say in what QBs would be on the roster, just like he does with every single player.
    Then say "The starting QB situation" or something along those lines.
    Spielman and the rest of the Pentagon of Power make the determinations who is on the roster.
    Childress is part of that Pentagon.
    Stop acting like he isn't involved.
    [/quote]

I'm not.
    Now - you stop acting like he's the only one involved!
    I'd rather see all of them blamed rather than the easy target singled out.

=Z=
    [/quote]

I don't think this was a consensus pick.
    Especially not by Speilman, who wasn't even a part of the Vikings when TJack was picked.
    What did you want him to do, come in the second year and butt up against the Head Coach who is dead set on starting his project?
    I think Childress was the biggest cheerleader for TJack in the "Pentagon" and I think he is the most responsible for our QB situation being what it is.
    You can disagree if you want... it doesn't mean than I am going to blindly believe that every FO decision regarding personnel is made with everybody holding hands and smiling.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

packerbasher is offline Rookie

I think the playbook will be wide open this week and I think we will have a better output in our passing game.The only thing that gus dosnt do as well as T-jack is scramble/evade the pass rush otherwise his decision process is much better then T-jacks as T-jack has the arm and the feet he is like C-pep in that he dosnt have the decision process at all.In addtion to the QB the WR'S dont seem to get seperation most of the time.It helps when the WR'S are open.

Blog Entries

"Bkfldviking" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    I think Gus could have made it so Berrian didn't get a shoe string tackle on him in the first game

And Shank wouldn't have dropped that perfect pass in the 2nd

Nobody is saying that.
    But Gus might not have thrown the ball at BB's feet on the first 3rd down against the Colts...

Gus might not win us any games, but he may be able to put us in position not to lose them.
    That is all I want to see.
    At the beginning of the season I said that with our talent levels, we only needed TJack to be mediocre for us to be successful.
    Well, he hasn't been mediocre, so I am on board with giving someone else a shot to be average...
    Sorry Paul, I want to see more.
    Playing "not to lose" rather than playing all out to win is a sure formula for failure.
    Not disagreeing, but what do we have?
    There is no other choice.
    Now if you want to blame the powers that be for the situation we are in, that is fine.
    But the fact is that it is what it is, and this is a better move than continuing to hit our head against a cement wall.

Oh wait, maybe that was a bad choice of words...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Jesus is offline Waterboy

How is Gus going to throw the football when he has arthritis and can't feel his fingers?

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"Purple" wrote:
    How is Gus going to throw the football when he has arthritis and can't feel his fingers?
    there is nothing wrong with gus, but tjack is being benched for the wrong reason, brad childress sucks at play calling and its making jackson look bad, watch it will show with Ferotte too.

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Blog Entries

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "Purple" wrote:
    there is nothing wrong with gus, but tjack is being benched for the wrong reason, brad childress sucks at play calling and its making jackson look bad, watch it will show with Ferotte too.
    I think the reasonable belief is that it is a combination of both.
    Do you really think that TJack would excel under a different coach?
    I don't.
    And we can change QBs a lot easier than we can change head coaches during the season...
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    I don't think this was a consensus pick.
    Especially not by Speilman, who wasn't even a part of the Vikings when TJack was picked.
    What did you want him to do, come in the second year and butt up against the Head Coach who is dead set on starting his project?
    I think Childress was the biggest cheerleader for TJack in the "Pentagon" and I think he is the most responsible for our QB situation being what it is.
    You can disagree if you want... it doesn't mean than I am going to blindly believe that every FO decision regarding personnel is made with everybody holding hands and smiling.
    I know Spielman wasn't around when Tarvaris was picked.

I was more referencing this past off-season when the Vikings could have obtained Sage Rosenfels for a #2, but said "No."

I'd much rather have Rosenfels taking over today than Gus Frerotte.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

funkyasflea is offline Pro-Bowler

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Bkfldviking" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    I think Gus could have made it so Berrian didn't get a shoe string tackle on him in the first game

And Shank wouldn't have dropped that perfect pass in the 2nd

Nobody is saying that.
    But Gus might not have thrown the ball at BB's feet on the first 3rd down against the Colts...

Gus might not win us any games, but he may be able to put us in position not to lose them.
    That is all I want to see.
    At the beginning of the season I said that with our talent levels, we only needed TJack to be mediocre for us to be successful.
    Well, he hasn't been mediocre, so I am on board with giving someone else a shot to be average...
    Sorry Paul, I want to see more.
    Playing "not to lose" rather than playing all out to win is a sure formula for failure.
    Not disagreeing, but what do we have?
    There is no other choice.
    Now if you want to blame the powers that be for the situation we are in, that is fine.
    But the fact is that it is what it is, and this is a better move than continuing to hit our head against a cement wall.

Oh wait, maybe that was a bad choice of words...
    Haha, I want to know why he thought butting his head on the wall would be a great celebration anyway, let alone the concrete behind it.

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

its the third fucking week of the season and we already benching Tjack, he played two good teams... and we lost by a combined 8 points. This makes me hate childress even more. Childress needs to open up the playbook and if he still doesnt do anything then bench him. But dotn bench cuz u suck at being a fucking coach

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Interesting move. Let us hope and pray that it works.
    With our luck, Gus will get hurt early, and we will be back with Tjack anyways.
    We're bringing purple back.

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast