Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Gus made a difference but.........

Gus made crucial third down completions, something TJack often would not do

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

"petersenkyle1167" wrote:
    this is what i hate and the reason i think t-jack was never really given a fair shot by US!! people are saying that dropped pass was berrians fault and not gus's. while i think it is partially bb's fault and hes gotta catch that it was also a poor throw by gus. if t-jack threw that ball everyone would of said it was 100% t-jacks fault. I believe Tarvaris will be given another chance this year-unless gus plays out of his mind for the remainder of the year, which i dont think will happen. If we would quit getting so down on t-jack and bevell would open up the playbook for him, i dont think he would be that bad. Also, gus made a couple poor throws that bobby wade made some nice catches on. Of course the announcers said it was just
    a good throw, but i think both were good catches by wade. Shianco still sucks...
    Now why would they pull the plug on Gus as long as we're winning?
    As long as we do win games, I am happy with Frerotte...Tjack was given a fair shot, though I never thought the play calling was to great, it seemed to me there was a lot more play calling variety today, and that's most likely because Gus could handle more, just like Garland and others have been saying...

Though it's that likely, who's to say Tjack won't get another shot further down the road, like next season?
    I know a lot of people won't want to see Tjack back on the field for us since he's considered by many, a failed project, he can still develope, learn from the sideline maybe...and even if he never develops into starter material, I have no problem with him being a backup QB here.

Gus played a lot better than Tjack did in either of his games...I don't think there's any denying that, I think as long as he continues to keep this team going the right direction, there's absolutely no reason to pull him, even if they still want to develop Tjack more.
    I don't think this would stunt Tjack's development at all, I don't think there's anything wrong with him taking a step back to watch and learn for a good amount of time.

Brewtal is offline Starter

We just won aginst a very good Carolina team, and the solid QB play is what decided it.
    The D has kept us in every game this year and our losses came from a poor passing game.
    Sorry the running game has been solid all year, the passing game and tunnel vision from TJ was the problem.
    Although I will have to admit TJ had to deal with some dropped passes that should have been caught.
    Regardless Gus can read the D better and look around for 3rd or 4th options something TJ just can't do.

Great move by the coaching staff or ownership whoever the one that demanded the QB change.
    For some reason I believe it had more to do with the owner then Childress.

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

I say we go with what works.
    We won the game while he was the QB, so why change things?
    Of course, we still have to look for a franchise QB for the future, but if we can win now, do it.
    Gus isn't a great quarterback - he never has been.
    His QB rating was something like 85 today.
    But he made some big plays today, and that's what wins football games.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

HornedHat is offline Asst. Coach

PRREEECISELY

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"BBQ" wrote:
    I say we go with what works.
    We won the game while he was the QB, so why change things?
    Of course, we still have to look for a franchise QB for the future, but if we can win now, do it.
    Gus isn't a great quarterback - he never has been.
    His QB rating was something like 85 today.
    But he made some big plays today, and that's what wins football games.
    I could be wrong. But I think every single receiver and every single back had a catch today.
    That should say something about Gus.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

lmao @ anybody who thinks T-Jack couldn't have performed just as good or better if we opened up the playbook for him like we did for Gus.
    I'm as happy about the win as the next guy and obviously cheered for Gus the whole time but you're kidding yourself if you think he got the same treatment from the playcallers at Jackson.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

"Tad7" wrote:
    lmao @ anybody who thinks T-Jack couldn't have performed just as good or better if we opened up the playbook for him like we did for Gus.
    I'm as happy about the win as the next guy and obviously cheered for Gus the whole time but you're kidding yourself if you think he got the same treatment from the playcallers at Jackson.
    They probably didn't open up the playbook as much for Tjack because he couldn't handle it like Gus could...and it wasn't just the plays either, Gus made a of important throws Tjack wasn't able to make in first two games, most of them were the ones that we needed for a first down...

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"KrackerJack" wrote:
    "Tad7" wrote:
    They probably didn't open up the playbook as much for Tjack because he couldn't handle it like Gus could...
    We'll never know.. but when they have he has done well

Thanks josdin00

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

He could've handled it....he never even got the chance to handle it.
    Obviously they learned how bad their playcalling sucked from the first 2 games and changed it up.

I hate even having these conversations after a win but it's how I feel...Jackson never got a fair shot this season.
    I was happy with Frerotte's performance but I'm not gonna be all over him and praising the decision to bench Tarvaris.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast