Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Gus made a difference but.........

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Agreed... checkout Terry Bradshaw's Stats to see how crappy he was his first 4 seasons...
    So you are saying Jackson is as good as Bradshaw? ???

Come on, he is a great athlete but people need to let it go. They tried to develop him and gave it their best shot. Now they finally saw that the progression was not there and they went another way. It happens. At least we didn't stick big money and a high pick on him like the 9ers did on Alex Smith and he isn't going to be referred to as the next Ryan Leaf.

He is a good kid who is a great athlete that was just not quite good enough. That is still better than millions of people in this country and he is getting paid very well.
    No, I never once said he was as good as Bradshaw... it was a reference to the development of QBs.

I don't even think you looked at Bradshaw's stats however... so let me tell you about them:

In his first 4 seasons, Bradshaw had 41 TDs and 73 INTs.

His first season was 6 TDs and 24 INTs.

His second season was 13 TDs and 22 INTs.

What I'm saying is, this was a very fickle decision and Childress and people who support Jackson being benched.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

ragz is offline GM

Re: Gus made a difference but.........

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    Agreed... checkout Terry Bradshaw's Stats to see how crappy he was his first 4 seasons...
    So you are saying Jackson is as good as Bradshaw? ???

Come on, he is a great athlete but people need to let it go. They tried to develop him and gave it their best shot. Now they finally saw that the progression was not there and they went another way. It happens. At least we didn't stick big money and a high pick on him like the 9ers did on Alex Smith and he isn't going to be referred to as the next Ryan Leaf.

He is a good kid who is a great athlete that was just not quite good enough. That is still better than millions of people in this country and he is getting paid very well.
    you're an idiot.
    i'm sorry.
    i guess tavaris should just hang up the jersey now.
    of course there is no way he could turn out to be bradshaw.
    i mean everyone knew after 1, no 2, no 3, 4 seasons he was gonna be a 4 time super bowl champ.
    i wonder if there were any smart guys like you back then saying, "hang em up bradshaw, you're a good athlete, have a great arm, but face it, you are too dumb.
    we developed you long enough, move on"
    im sure since you are so convinced, you made the draft day call on alex smith right?
    or how bout after smiths succesful second season with norv turner people thought he turned a corner and was gonna be good.
    but now again is back in the stink zone.
    where did delhomme come from, k.warner?
    football is a game of development, things change from week to week, let alone from year to year.
    so before making your bold statements have something besides blatant ignorance to back it up.

[color=green][size=13pt]FORUM RULES[/size]

---A.
    There will be no attacks toward any other member, no matter what. If you are offended by another poster's comments, please PM (Private Message) an Administrator or Moderator as soon as possible explaining what happened. If you respond in the same manner as they did, you are now part of the problem. If you have something against someone else, please email the member with Private Messages.
    http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=48058.msg842757#msg842757
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819