Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Gus made a difference but.........

"V4L" wrote:
    "gamecocksbaseball31" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    The pick WAS his fault.. It was a bhad throw.. but it happens so its okay

He did play well and ill take some crow... thinkin he wouldnt plahy well!!
    No the pick wasn't all his fault.
    The ball was a little behind Berrian but it isn't going to be perfect every single time.
    Berrian is a legit reciever in this league when healthy and he needs to make that catch.
    Gus shouldn't be taking blame for that.

Agreed

Mostly his fault then

It was high and behhind... Toughh catch when you are running full speed and gotta swing around and reach up high

Gus played mediocure though and got us the win.. Put up 13 points in his first game back
    It
    V4L,
    I like you, and we don't argue for the most part, but " MEDIOCURE " ???????
    You had to be in between hits or fell out of your chair and bumped your head.
    Gus played a solid game, and did what TJ can only dream of doing for his team.

Gus played well beyond " MEDIOCURE PLAY" ,
    and I'm happy as a pig in mud, that Gus has taken the rains from TJ.

Thank You Wilf !

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

The ball was a little behind Berrian but it isn't going to be perfect every single time.
    Berrian is a legit reciever in this league when healthy and he needs to make that catch.

Agreed

Mostly his fault then

It was high and behhind... Toughh catch when you are running full speed and gotta swing around and reach up high

Gus played mediocure though and got us the win.. Put up 13 points in his first game back
    It
    V4L,

Thank You Wilf !

i agree with you nordic. gus did play a solid game. i like tjack, but gus got us the win and now gus is the man.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Agreed

Mostly his fault then

It
    V4L,

Thank You Wilf !
    Frerotte-Panthers: 16/28, 57.1% completion, 1 INT

Jackson-Indy: 14/24, 58.3% completion, 0 INT

People can say what they want about Jackson's inaccuracy, but the fact remains he had a better completion % against the Colts than Frerotte did against the Panthers.

IMO, they both played about the same as far as throwing the ball was concerned.

What Frerotte brings to the game is the experience & knowledge he has gained over the years. The same experience & knowledge Jackson is first starting to acquire. That's the feather in his cap. What he lacks is mobility & he holds on to the ball far to long.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

gus did good.

but i want to see more out of him. like one more touchdown and some more yards hopefully

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Agreed

Mostly his fault then

It
    V4L,

Thank You Wilf !
    [size=10pt]Frerotte-Panthers: 16/28, 57.1% completion, 1 INT[/size]

People can say what they want about Jackson's inaccuracy, but the fact remains he had a better completion % against the Colts than Frerotte did against the Panthers.

What Frerotte brings to the game is the experience & knowledge he has gained over the years. The same experience & knowledge Jackson is first starting to acquire. That's the feather in his cap.
    Gus didn't have a TD pass?

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I want to see Gus Frerotte play within the system, if he can do that he's gonna do a fine job. Yesterday Frerotte forced to many passess and was pushing to throw down field when there were other options. Frerotte certainly wants to prove he can bring the deep game but he must do it when it presents itself. I think he will get better as the season goes, One reason I believe that is the presence of Sidney Rice and of course getting more familair with the players around him. I thought he could have had done some things better in terms of taking what the defense gives you and not forcing anything. At times he locks on the recievers and forces it, IE the pass to Bobby left side of the field, there were open options on this play.

Overall Gus made a difference but I think he can do better. P.S. Gus had a TD taken away in the 4th QT to Chester Taylor on a Phantom holding call on Birk.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"singersp" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Agreed

Mostly his fault then

It
    V4L,

Thank You Wilf !
    Frerotte-Panthers: 16/28, 57.1% completion, 1 INT

IMO, they both played about the same as far as throwing the ball was concerned.

What Frerotte brings to the game is the experience & knowledge he has gained over the years. The same experience & knowledge Jackson is first starting to acquire. That's the feather in his cap. What he lacks is mobility & he holds on to the ball far to long.
    You forgot the buggest stat:

[size=90pt]W[/size]

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:

Agreed

Mostly his fault then

It
    V4L,

Thank You Wilf !

ragz is offline GM

i'm sick of these convos already.
    he was decent, the team played better as a whole and tahts why we won.
    this phantom energy and command of the huddle people somehow saw, i must have missed it.
    our one really decent drive throwing the football consisted of basically 2 passes.
    not exactly screaming massive change in offensive play, except the 2 guys made their catches.
    i wanna talk about something i found interesting.
    i figured with rice out that we'd see more of allison.
    my bro said he was banged up but he was returning punts and so forth.
    i saw alot of ferguson, but not much allison.
    now childress may think allison is a little raw, but i think he is probably our best yac wr and we should at least try to incorporate him a bit more.
    i mean even if he isnt the most precise route runner we gotta find a way to get him more involved.
    i might be blowing him up a bit but we aren't exactly utilizing a guy i think can make some plays.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"ragz" wrote:
    i'm sick of these convos already.
    he was decent, the team played better as a whole and tahts why we won.
    this phantom energy and command of the huddle people somehow saw, i must have missed it.
    our one really decent drive throwing the football consisted of basically 2 passes.
    not exactly screaming massive change in offensive play, except the 2 guys made their catches.
    i wanna talk about something i found interesting.
    i figured with rice out that we'd see more of allison.
    my bro said he was banged up but he was returning punts and so forth.
    i saw alot of ferguson, but not much allison.
    now childress may think allison is a little raw, but i think he is probably our best yac wr and we should at least try to incorporate him a bit more.
    i mean even if he isnt the most precise route runner we gotta find a way to get him more involved.
    i might be blowing him up a bit but we aren't exactly utilizing a guy i think can make some plays.
    I think Frerotte did a better job in huddle just for the fact that it was quick and smooth, the whole offense had rythme for the first time in I don't know how long. That killer drive was all about what we want our offense to do but with a TD in the end. Its going to take execution on all levels and I think Frerotte brings a confidence to the players, wether thats phantom energy or not who knows. What we all know is he's a guy that can get the job done and he will score TD's. I think that brings exitment to to the whole Viking community period.

I really agree about Allison but he did see some good time Sunday. I don't like it that he dropped that Punt but I too believe he's our YAC WR. I also believe he's a guy that consistently gets speration and fires off the line of scrimage. Bobby Wade is not so, I love Bobby in the slot but anytime I see him on the outside it frustrates me. Wade isn't talened enough to get seperation consistently on the outside, but he's football smart and knows what he's doing in his niche(slot).

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast