Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Gus Frerotte ready to take over reins

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    So far it has looked like the line is finally providing the QB's with some pocket time which has made both Jackson and Frerotte look better. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out when the games mean something.
    Bingo.
    Give that man a cookie BLV.

Excellent post my friend.
    It all starts with the OL (DL on defense).
    They play well everything clicks around them.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re: Minnesota Vikings backup quarterback Gus Frerotte ready to take over reins

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks for the read my friend.

That experience will help Frerotte as he adjusts to playing more with the starters. He is still learning a new offense, and he hasn't played in a West Coast offense since 2001 with Denver
    Could this be a blessing in disguise?
    TJ has looked good enough IMHO to take a break and Gus can only benifit from more reps with the first stringers.

By the way, he didn't look that bad when he did come in.
    I am strangley comfortable with our QB situation for the first time in a long time (and that goes back further than the current regime).
    ;D
    It could be blessing, Tjack has to be feeling pretty comfortable after 2 solid outings, a poor performance against a very good Steeler defense could hurt his confidence. Although I am not very comfortable with Gus as the back up but there is a good chance he will get playing time this year. I think working with the first team will help him build chemistry and get the timing down.
    An excellent observation with respect to his confidence, however, do you really think his confidence can be shaken at this point?

I worried about it last year and thought he would be forever scarred but I am not convinced he has the correct mental makeup to deal with poor games and move on.

I also gotta give some credit to coach Rogers with respect to how he has kept this kid going.
    I am sure he has had a hand in that area. ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    So far it has looked like the line is finally providing the QB's with some pocket time which has made both Jackson and Frerotte look better. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out when the games mean something.
    Bingo.

;D
    Not holding onto the ball for too long and getting rid of it to receivers that can catch doesn't hurt either.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

"Prophet" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Bingo.

;D
    Not holding onto the ball for too long and getting rid of it to receivers that can catch doesn't hurt either.
    Another good observation/comment.
    You've brought your "A" game to the table today haven't you.

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

That is why I liked Booty. If you look at his mechanics, his feet are quick and he sets up and gets the ball off FAST. Perfect for the 'west coast offense'. I dislike it when QBs have slow reads and/or bad mechanics and/or can't get the ball off fast. It makes life hard for the blockers.

I really think that what most NFL teams need, particularly those running the WC offense, is a Matt Schaub type guy with quick feet and a good, fast release. He doesn't have to have a huge arm, but those "mechanics" aspects should be there.

If you are a "verticle game" offense (Oakland, etc.) you need the big-arm, 6-drop kind of guy like Culpepper or JaMarcus Russell.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Bingo.

;D
    I don't give cookies anymore, everybody gets a big flaming pile of poo

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Bingo.

;D
    I don't give cookies anymore, everybody gets a big flaming pile of poo
    Sounds great. I'll save room.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12