Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Gus Frerotte ready to take over reins

[size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings backup quarterback Gus Frerotte ready to take over reins[/size]

Quarterback ready to take over reins

By Rick Alonzo
    [email protected]

Article Last Updated: 08/19/2008 12:09:04 AM CDT

It's safe to say Gus Frerotte probably won't get injured trying to run for a first down this season. He doesn't take off scrambling at this stage of his 15-year career....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Minnesota Vikings backup quarterback Gus Frerotte ready to take over reins

Thanks for the read my friend.

That experience will help Frerotte as he adjusts to playing more with the starters. He is still learning a new offense, and he hasn't played in a West Coast offense since 2001 with Denver
    Could this be a blessing in disguise?
    TJ has looked good enough IMHO to take a break and Gus can only benifit from more reps with the first stringers.

By the way, he didn't look that bad when he did come in.
    I am strangley comfortable with our QB situation for the first time in a long time (and that goes back further than the current regime).
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]Vikings not fretting about ever-ready quarterback Gus Frerotte[/size]

11 hours ago

canadianpress.google.com

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. — Gus Frerotte was talking about his 15-year career as an NFL quarterback, when some wise guy interrupted to tease him about the grey in his once-black hair....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Re: Gus Frerotte ready to take over reins

There is certainly a little comfort level knowing if T-Jack gets hurt, our backup QB is a lot better than in recent years. He still can zing the ball..."We give him a hard time for his age, but when you're on the field that ball definitely has a young-guy pop," said receiver Martin Nance, who caught a 32-yard pass from Frerotte last weekend.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

So far it has looked like the line is finally providing the QB's with some pocket time which has made both Jackson and Frerotte look better. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out when the games mean something.

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

I like Gus. He is sort of one of those Schaub-type guys who is not an Elway, but is decent.

He won't ever be Peyton Manning, but he isn't that bad either.

Viking_Cheef is offline Waterboy

"StillPurple" wrote:
    I like Gus. He is sort of one of those Schaub-type guys who is not an Elway, but is decent.

He won't ever be Peyton Manning, but he isn't that bad either.
    Definitely not a Wasanga Serwanga (not sure i spelled that right) so that a plus.

Chazz is offline Coordinator

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    So far it has looked like the line is finally providing the QB's with some pocket time which has made both Jackson and Frerotte look better. It will be interesting to see how it all plays out when the games mean something.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed that. So far, in preseason they have been living up to their billing. Lets hope that transcendes into the regular season.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks for the read my friend.

That experience will help Frerotte as he adjusts to playing more with the starters. He is still learning a new offense, and he hasn't played in a West Coast offense since 2001 with Denver
    Could this be a blessing in disguise?
    TJ has looked good enough IMHO to take a break and Gus can only benifit from more reps with the first stringers.

By the way, he didn't look that bad when he did come in.
    I am strangley comfortable with our QB situation for the first time in a long time (and that goes back further than the current regime).
    ;D
    It could be blessing, Tjack has to be feeling pretty comfortable after 2 solid outings, a poor performance against a very good Steeler defense could hurt his confidence. Although I am not very comfortable with Gus as the back up but there is a good chance he will get playing time this year. I think working with the first team will help him build chemistry and get the timing down.

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

by reins, you mean the leather reins going into Childress' bit in his mouth during kinky foreplay, right?

Fuckin A
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast