Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Gus Frerotte may have already peaked

[size=12pt]Minnesota Vikings QB Gus Frerotte may have already peaked[/size]

Pioneer Press

Updated: 11/30/2008 12:20:36 AM CST

Tom Powers
    twincities.com

Vikings quarterback Gus Frerotte probably is overexposed. And I don't mean like Washington Redskins tight end Chris Cooley, who accidentally posted a nude picture of himself on his blog this season....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Gus Frerotte may have already peaked

Can't get it to come up, but what the hell, its written by Mr. Tom Powers so it is probably drivel or a copy cat of what we've been saying on here about how teams are just keying their pass rush to certain positions because of Ole Gussy Boys limited mobility.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Couldn't hook up to the link, but I believe Childress will show something new to keep Ol' Gus verticle and productive. Powers = Souhan =
    :-X

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

A good article and I agree on most of it.

I understand that some have had problems downloading the page. Try this:
    http://www.twincities.com/ci_11103802

I believe that the head coach has put too much responsibilities on Frerotte's shoulders. It has been said before, but I say it again: Gus does NOT have to be the next Dan Marino or Joe Montana, he only needs to make the important reads and throws to get us downfield and the rest of the team will do their job. The important part is that the opposing defense needs to respect the Vikings pass attack.
    In too many games this year, we have given the ball to Gus and hoping he'll win the game for us, but the fact is that he's not that good. I have not checked it out, but from what I've seen it looks like we pass the ball a little more than we should. The stars on the Vikings' offense is not the quarterbacks, it's the running backs, and I think all of you can agree on that

Still not getting what I'm saying?
    [size=11pt]Give the ball more to Adrian and Chester so Gus can get a little more room to breath.[/size]

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"HEY" wrote:

I believe that the head coach has put too much responsibilities on Frerotte's shoulders. It has been said before, but I say it again: Gus does NOT have to be the next Dan Marino or Joe Montana, he only needs to make the important reads and throws to get us downfield and the rest of the team will do their job. The important part is that the opposing defense needs to respect the Vikings pass attack.
    In too many games this year, we have given the ball to Gus and hoping he'll win the game for us, but the fact is that he's not that good. I have not checked it out, but from what I've seen it looks like we pass the ball a little more than we should. The stars on the Vikings' offense is not the quarterbacks, it's the running backs, and I think all of you can agree on that

[size=11pt]Give the ball more to Adrian and Chester so Gus can get a little more room to breath.[/size]
    I hear ya my freind, however, at some point the scoreboard and time left in the game will dictate that we throw the ball.

Now if everything goes according to plan and we are way ahead and the D is shutting them down, then I agree, run run run run.

Unfortunately, that hasn't happened very much of late.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

HEY
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "HEY" wrote:

I hear ya my freind, however, at some point the scoreboard and time left in the game will dictate that we throw the ball.

Now if everything goes according to plan and we are way ahead and the D is shutting them down, then I agree, run run run run.

Unfortunately, that hasn't happened very much of late.

;D
    That's true.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I'm normally not one to "change horses in midstream" as the old saying goes (most of you youngsters have never heard that...). But I'm beginning to think that it's getting time for TJ to try and take back this team for the simple reason that he's not a better QB, but that he offers the option of more mobility.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Frerotte peaked right before he smacked his head into the wall..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

HEY
    Blog Entries

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I'm normally not one to "change horses in midstream" as the old saying goes (most of you youngsters have never heard that...). But I'm beginning to think that it's getting time for TJ to try and take back this team for the simple reason that he's not a better QB, but that he offers the option of more mobility.
    Yes, me too. I would want him to get another chance to prove himself. Let him start the next game a play him the first [s]half[/s] quarter. If he doesn't perform well, put Gus back in.

LincolnVike is offline Rookie

"skum" wrote:
    Frerotte peaked right before he smacked his head into the wall..
    Amen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast