Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gus?

klubvizzle is offline Waterboy

Gus?

hi, first off im a panthers fan and im not here to start trouble, i just want in inside opinion on what you guys really think of your quarterback move and if you think you can really beat us on sunday

let me know thanks

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Re: Gus?

Well, welcome to our little corner of the world. As far as Gus goes, the only thing he really has over TJack is experience. And at this point, that's really important. Overall, you probably have a better passing game, especially since Smith is back. We have a better running game, and I think we have a better defense. I think it's going to come down to special teams.

Good luck tomorrow - it's hard to win in the Metrodome, especially if you're the road team. ;D
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the site klubvizzle, speaking personally about the QB position I think our problems passing the ball go much deeper than who is actually throwing the ball. Questionable play calling, problems with the OL stopping the pass rush and receivers who have yet to shine are all problems that spring to mind. That said I would have given Jackson the rest of the season to prove himself because I would rather know for sure then instead of benching him now with the possibility of him returning with the same question marks hanging over him. I think Childress has made the switch to take some of the pressure off himself but I think if Gus fails the fans will be looking for a new HC as well as QB.

thanks for not killing me on this board, so far anyways, and i agree with you that your running game is better than ours, not by much, dont know if youve seen john stewart this year or not. but i disagree that your guys have a better deffense i think we are pretty equal in that department....but i guess we will see on sunday good luck to your vikes as well

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

you'll notice, you don't get razzed too much if you keep your comments civil.
    Fans of other teams are welcome here, but as you can expect, if your run your mouth and piss people off, then you get killed.
    Posts like that are great, and hope you stick around..

i watched the green bay game and saw the short cuts of the colts game and i agree that some of the play calling has been pretty bad, and tavaris misses some open guys but i saw a dropped td in the gb game and some other mistakes from recievers in the 2 games as well.....

how do you think the game is going to go overall?

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I'm not too familiar with the panthers actually, but here's how i see it going down...

Smith has a couple of big catches for a combined 123 yards, but is kept rather quiet other than that.

Panthers run game will be mostly shut down...

AP will not see as much time, due to his hammy, but CT will get more reps, and won't miss a step.
    94 yards by taylor, and another 60 by peterson.

Frerotte will be uninteresting and boring, but effective, going 21/33, 201 yards and 1td

Delhomme will have a big first half, but slow down second half, probably about 27/39 276 yards and 2td (both to smith)

game will be close, but it will all come down to who can execute when needed, and if the vikings can convert some 3rd downs.

hmm, good analysis perhaps but i deffinitely do not see our running game shut down seeing as how johnathan stewart ran for almost 60 yards and 2 tds in the final 20 mins of last weeks game agains chicago, who handled the colts easily where the vikes lost to them last week, we also held LT and matt forte under 100 yards and i dont see chester being able to do what they could not against our defense, however if peterson is healthy i do see him being a 100 yd rusher against us....

basically we are very similar teams but the panthers have a much better pass offense if the vikes can hold the ball longer and make some key plays they have a chance if not.....well sorry guys lol

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"klubvizzle" wrote:
    hi, first off im a panthers fan and im not here to start trouble, i just want in inside opinion on what you guys really think of your quarterback move and if you think you can really beat us on sunday

let me know thanks
    No. There's no way we can beat you.
    Thanks for stopping by.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "klubvizzle" wrote:

let me know thanks
    No. There's no way we can beat you.
    Thanks for stopping by.

HAHA idk if that was a joke or not but as a panthers fan thats what i wanna hear

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast