Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41
  1. #11
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Guess who's coming back to Minnesota?

    moss deserves to be cheered, while daunte deserves to be booed..moss wanted to be here his entire career, and never wanted to leave minnesota..daunte however forced himself out..i hope people will realize this, and give randy the standing ovation that he deserves whether or not he is part of a different organization
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  2. #12
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Guess who's coming back to Minnesota?

    "WinonaVike" wrote:
    Should be interesting... I think Winfield will shut him down.
    only his QB can shut him down..we saw how good kerry collins was a doing that, now its aaron brooks/andrew walters turn
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  3. #13
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Guess who's coming back to Minnesota?

    "olson_10" wrote:
    moss deserves to be cheered, while daunte deserves to be booed..moss wanted to be here his entire career, and never wanted to leave minnesota..daunte however forced himself out..i hope people will realize this, and give randy the standing ovation that he deserves whether or not he is part of a different organization
    I agree. Moss was a Viking that was traded by you know who. So why would anyone want to boo him?

    He didn't get a choice in that trade.

    Just because he is no longer a Viking, doesn't take away from the fact that he was a Viking great.

    Alan Page played his last 3 years in the league as a Chicago Bear. I doubt he was booed when he came to MN for those games.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #14
    Prophet Guest

    Re: Guess who's coming back to Minnesota?

    Aaron Brooks. That was the best joke I've seen today. Moss' ability will be limited by the 0-line and Aaron Brooks. Preseason football is pure torture unless you watch the individual players battling for their NFL careers.

  5. #15
    sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,505

    Re: Guess who's coming back to Minnesota?

    Do you think there will be any extra motivation on Randy's part? Wait this is preseason. He probably won't play more that a couple of series. Bummer.

    "No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

  6. #16
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Guess who's coming back to Minnesota?

    "olson_10" wrote:
    moss deserves to be cheered, while daunte deserves to be booed..moss wanted to be here his entire career, and never wanted to leave minnesota..daunte however forced himself out..i hope people will realize this, and give randy the standing ovation that he deserves whether or not he is part of a different organization
    I don't believe that for one second. Moss is on record as saying he would never win a damn thing playing in Minnesota. He said that while playing for us.

    This is a preseason game. No matter what he does it will be moot. I would just as soon have our corners play half speed and him have 5 TD's, just to ensure none of our guys get hurt. All they need to worry about is applying what they have learned in practice.

    Where to be on the field and when, as well as begining to build chemistry. What Randy Moss does or does not do in a preseason game is pretty pointless. The point of preseason games is not to win them.

  7. #17
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Guess who's coming back to Minnesota?

    Will Randy meet the Tank? Will Randy catch a ball over the middle and meet a rolling Tank that knocks him into the following week?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  8. #18
    Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,618

    Re: Guess who's coming back to Minnesota?

    "singersp" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    moss deserves to be cheered, while daunte deserves to be booed..moss wanted to be here his entire career, and never wanted to leave minnesota..daunte however forced himself out..i hope people will realize this, and give randy the standing ovation that he deserves whether or not he is part of a different organization
    I agree. Moss was a Viking that was traded by you know who. So why would anyone want to boo him?

    He didn't get a choice in that trade.

    Just because he is no longer a Viking, doesn't take away from the fact that he was a Viking great.

    Alan Page played his last 3 years in the league as a Chicago Bear. I doubt he was booed when he came to MN for those games.
    Even though he spent that time with the Bears, Page will of course always be a Viking. I think Randy will be a lot of the same way. Although he may (or may not) play more than 3 years as a Raider, I think Minnesota fans will always view him as a Vike. I know I do. I supported the trade, but I miss the guy.

  9. #19
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Guess who's coming back to Minnesota?

    I will be cheering for Randy. I would like to see him get a warm welcome from the Minnesota fans. He is an amazing reciever whose legacy will always be linked to Minnesota. And unlike that other guy, Randy left on somewhat amicable terms with the Vikings, and has had very little to say negative about Minnesota since.

    Skol Randy. I can't wait to see him live again!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #20
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Guess who's coming back to Minnesota?

    "sleepagent" wrote:
    Do you think there will be any extra motivation on Randy's part? Wait this is preseason. He probably won't play more that a couple of series. Bummer.
    I read through this and finally someone said what I was thinking.

    This isn't going to be a game when Randy plays when he wants to, it will be a game that he plays when the coach wants to insert him into the game, like let's say the first two possessions.

    Hopefully our D holds them to 2 three and outs!

    So Randy is on the field for 6 plays thrown at once, maybe twice.

    For old time sake or for old dome sake, send him long! :grin:

    We might see him more if it is the last preseason game.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. MOVED: Gus Ferrotte Coming back to Minnesota?
    By shockzilla in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-19-2008, 07:41 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-14-2006, 02:21 AM
  3. Guess Who's Back
    By The Gap in forum Weekly Opponent Talk
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-15-2005, 09:43 PM
  4. guess whose back
    By Husky in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-09-2004, 03:02 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •