Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GUESS WHO

Del Rio Guest

Re: GUESS WHO

That's debatable.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Maybe not a troll, but still a dink that cheers for the iggles. Keep playing the blame game gap. Maybe if Trotter didn't start sh!t before the game he would have played, but as it was he did and his stat line read all zeros! Better luck next week!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

"The Gap" wrote:
    I’m also starting the Official 2005 Season Un-Banned Counter which is currently at 1 day. I imagine this will be short lived once Shock finds out I’m back.
    To my buddy Old Shocko - XXXOOOXXX
    As soon as I saw the title to this thread ("Guess Who"), I knew it had to be your ugly mug, Gap.

Don't worry, I'm not planning on banning you - YET.

Things could change, so keep your nose clean (don't care about the rest of you and frankly, DON'T want to know...).
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

"The Gap" wrote:
    Well Well Well, Look Who’s Back! *** THE GAP ***

A few years ago the birds (Eagles for those out of touch) lost our first two games and we still proceeded to go to the NFC championship so perhaps this can wake up anyone who was taking the preseason predictions a little too seriously.

Hey maybe the horns will run the table the rest of the way and all I‘ll have to say is “nice job� ……
    It Could Happen !!!
    Hello Gap. I think the Eagles went 0-3 in 2003 and then went to NFC champ game. I hope he Vikes do run the table, including the Eagles in the palyoffs. We need revenge. Anyway, happy trolling! :lol:

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Brief history on Gap.

He came in and was an annoying troll. He was on the verge of getting canned. But, he soon became a pretty cool guy; mostly in the clubhouse.

He's not all that bad people...yet.

The Gap is offline Starter

OK in this post I’ll be a little serious (a little). I wasn’t presenting the ejection as an excuse I was just pointing out the team that lost wasn’t the complete team. The ejection was just another example of how out of control officials are having an effect on the outcome of a game. For example On Sunday I saw the officials call a Vikings TD back when the replay showed the play to be clean. Trotter’s ejection was not necessary, especially when both teams participated. When it’s a mutual offense the intent is for equal punishment that’s the reason penalty’s are offsetting. How is removing one of the leaders from our defense equal to removing a situational player from Atlanta. If they wanted to punish the players imposing a fine would have been just as effective maybe even more than ejection. To be honest I’ve seen players go at it just as furiously during a game without being ejected. The punishment handed out also punished the rest of the team, the owner, the fans of the team not to mention people who had a financial interest in the game. If anyone thinks Atlanta was being punished do you think they would have accepted Trotter's reinstatment to get their man back? My final point on the issue is suppose the Eagles had one of their backups shove Vick and the result had been a fight between them? Does anyone think the same action would have been taken? Not because they favor Atlanta but because the network spent a week publicizing the Vick McNabb match up and the league would have had to deal with televisions wrath if they took away one of the Marquee players. Suppose you go to a concert and before the show you find out the arena threw the headliner out of the building because he got into a fight with an employee? Would it be better if the employee was thrown out too?

As for the offense losing the game your right they didn’t have one of their best nights but to say Trotter wouldn’t have made a difference is ignoring all the runs Atlanta ripped up the middle. The defense does win a game or two for the team over the course of the season, last night could have been one.

As far as saying losing to the Falcons means something is wrong with the Eagles that’s ignoring the fact the Falcons were the 2nd best team in the NFC last year and also ignoring their 8-1 home record. Nobody likes loosing but the Falcons deserve some credit. You’ll find out in week 4 when your team has to go there (I will be rooting for the Vikes in that game).

On Owens if you think last night demonstrated he’s not going to be good this year fine there are 15 games left to see if that theory holds water.

We also have to address the Troll allegations. What do you people have against Trolls aren’t they people too? How is it when we talk little people i.e. Dwarfs, Midgets, Leprechauns & Trolls it’s always the Troll that gets no respect? When I meet a Troll I don’t discriminate I believe in equal treatment. Look at New Orleans where everyone focused on the slow response suggesting it was because there were so many blacks. I suggest it went farther then that. What about the trolls? You couldn’t see those little guys because the water was over their heads. They never had a chance. All I’m saying is give a Troll a chance.

PS - Has anyone noticed I haven’t said a negative word about Minnesota’s play on Sunday or the team itself?

Del Rio Guest

After last year the NFL decided to have the refs actually be part of the pre-game events because of things like this. Having something happen during the game is one thing.

Also if you want to be technical about it the team that won wasn't complete either.

Either way I think there were a lot of people dissapointed with their QB's this opener. Pepper, Favre, Mcnabb.........

It also seems like there is a lot of offensive pass interference calls.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"The Gap" wrote:
    Well Well Well, Look Who’s Back! *** THE GAP ***

Since I see a lot of names here I don’t recognize I imagine there’s a lot of “who are you� comments being uttered as you read this. For the information of those in the know I changed jobs and was sent to a location where I was completely cut off from the internet so that should explain my absence (as if you care).

I’m sure the people who remember me are thinking “as if the opening loss wasn’t bad enough now this numbskull is back too�. That’s OK and I won’t say a word about yesterday, at least until I see how my boys make out tonight. As a matter of fact I offer this bit of encouragement to possibly help ease any pain. A few years ago the birds (Eagles for those out of touch) lost our first two games and we still proceeded to go to the NFC championship so perhaps this can wake up anyone who was taking the preseason predictions a little too seriously.

In the mean time everyone sharpen your swords because when I can I’ll provide an outsiders prospective which I’m sure you’ll misinterpret as classless attacks (Oh the fond memories). At least I can provide a target for you Purps to unite against.

Hey maybe the horns will run the table the rest of the way and all I‘ll have to say is “nice job� ……
    It Could Happen !!!

"It could happen" with the smiley laughing and rolling around the floor, is kind a slam!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Another point about Gap.

He got his title because he was not a "Troll" and actually pretty hilarious in a lot of threads.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Gap, you make very valid points. Were the ejections unfair? Possibly. Does it bother me? Not really. Do I think Vick should have been ejected if in the same situation? Yes I do. Stuff like that is uncalled for and if Daunte or ANY viking lost his cool like that BEFORE the game then having him ejected is something I would have to deal with and get over. One player does not lose a game for your team, it is a total TEAM effort. We all have to remember that the officials have a job to do too and I think they were in essence doing "crowd control." Had they let that pregame stuff go, who knows what type of action would have taken place during the game and gotten away with, they were "laying down the law."

Obviously, the Iggles are going to be very good again this year, and I have no doubt in my mind they will win their division yet again. (even though I would like to see them lose) I consider myself a pretty realistic fan and a fan of the NFL that knows more than the casual fan. The Iggles will be there in the end and will be a tough opponent to get by.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast