Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Growing up Greenway

"VikingNed" wrote:
    All I have is 7-elevens on every corner and the opisite corner as a liquer store. You see more Puerto Rico and Mexican Flags flying than you do American. Instead of falling to sleep with criketes, we fall alseep to pounding beats of rap, shaking the windows and gun shots ringing thruout the night. Usually the last person I say good night to lately is a Police Officer..
    The air is brown and the only reason we have floods is because the catch basins on the roads are full of trash and dead cats and dogs...
    :salute: Thanx Ned, you really have me "pumped" & excited to come out & visit you this summer.

I can't wait! :roll: :lol:

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

lol, sounds like an amazing place to live

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

I like that he isn't full of himself!! A lot of guys who get drafted in the 1st round think they are too good!! But he seems like a down-to-earth kinda guy!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

A lot of people who come from a small place aren't white trash or hicks. They might be little bit saner than people who come the middle of a big city. I come from western North Dakota where you can see a dog run away for 2 days. You might have a neighbor but you can't see them. Now I live in the back woods of Hillbilly land, I love it because I can see my neigbor but they are so far away I don't have to hear them. I would go nuts if I had to live in the city. I love the sound of the running river in front of my house and the crickets and frogs at night. God bless the middle of nowhere, it doesn't mean your stupid.

twill is offline Starter

"westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    A lot of people who come from a small place aren't white trash or hicks. They might be little bit saner than people who come the middle of a big city. I come from western North Dakota where you can see a dog run away for 2 days. You might have a neighbor but you can't see them. Now I live in the back woods of Hillbilly land, I love it because I can see my neigbor but they are so far away I don't have to hear them. I would go nuts if I had to live in the city. I love the sound of the running river in front of my house and the crickets and frogs at night. God bless the middle of nowhere, it doesn't mean your stupid.
    i guess it depends on how your raised.. i wouldnt mind having a vacation home where u live, but im a type of guy that i need to be in a place thats multi-ethnic... i cant be in a place where i dont have my latinos, afro-americans, euros, etc.

bs4nu is offline Waterboy

If you're ever out that way in SoDak Wermers lounge in Mt Vernon makes a ribeye that looks more like a small roast. Its right along I90 11 miles west of Mitchell

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikingNed" wrote:
    All I have is 7-elevens on every corner and the opisite corner as a liquer store. You see more Puerto Rico and Mexican Flags flying than you do American. Instead of falling to sleep with criketes, we fall alseep to pounding beats of rap, shaking the windows and gun shots ringing thruout the night. Usually the last person I say good night to lately is a Police Officer..
    The air is brown and the only reason we have floods is because the catch basins on the roads are full of trash and dead cats and dogs...
    :salute: Thanx Ned, you really have me "pumped" & excited to come out & visit you this summer.

I can't wait! :roll: :lol:
    No need to worry Singer, I'de be taking you to some of the finer areas of CT and Possibly RI.....Even if we where in the city for some of the times, your in good hands for sure. I was born and raised in big city areas, so I'm a bit street wise and most around here know me, so they don't screw with me at all......

You'll still have a blast out here when visiting me.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Warp is offline Asst. Coach

I dont know, i live in the middle of nowhere,(northern minnesota) and it has advantages but then again it can get very boring. Of course i am 19 years old so anything can be boring :lol: . I also hate the long drives to get to anywhere, especially with the gas prices. But all in all its better than living in the city :grin: .

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I've spent my entire life living on farms or small rural towns and the press just don't get it. They just can't imagine living anywhere else but a big city and so they write articles like this all the time. Nothing against Greenway, but they all are written in the same vain -- small town, one grocery store, working farm family, work ethic. I think they teach this coure in journalism class call "Small Town Hick Writing 101."
    :lol:

You're right Cojo...these stories are really a dime a dozen. They do get pretty annoying, but it is nice to see that he hasn't forgotten where he came from. It would be really easy for him to move away from all of that and become this fancy pants millionaire.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12