Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Del Rio Guest

    Grossman Done For The Year

    The Bears say they have faith in their 2nd stringer but I wouldn't be surprised if they went out and snagged up someone to fill in especially since they have a good team.

  2. #12
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Grossman Done For The Year

    It also doesn't bode well for the TURF. Who was it that hurt themselves in the pregame in week one.

    Turf is harsh I remember a preseason game against the Cards about 6 yrs (on the old turf) ago when they lost 3 starters to knee injuries in that game. I don't think this turf is any better for injuries than the old stuff.

    Looks nicer except for the endzone lettering. I think they just want less clean up for the Twins Games.

  3. #13
    Del Rio Guest

    Grossman Done For The Year

    I did a paper in my second year at Weber St. University comparing Turf and Grass and the injuries accuired on both.

    I remember writing about a Bears reciever who lept for the ball and his knee caps ripped away and when he landed they were up by his thighs. The picture was gross. The injury happened on turf.

    When you add the knee and leg injuries up there are about the same ammount I think because football is just a physical sport and it is hard on the lower limbs and joints.

    But the glarring fact that stood out was that there were many more injuries on turf where the injured player had no one around him when he got hurt. In other words no other player caused his injury.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    969

    Grossman Done For The Year

    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I didn't even know Jeff George was still alive.
    lol....me either

  5. #15
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Grossman Done For The Year

    "Del Rio" wrote:
    I did a paper in my second year at Weber St. University comparing Turf and Grass and the injuries accuired on both.

    I remember writing about a Bears reciever who lept for the ball and his knee caps ripped away and when he landed they were up by his thighs. The picture was gross. The injury happened on turf.

    When you add the knee and leg injuries up there are about the same ammount I think because football is just a physical sport and it is hard on the lower limbs and joints.

    But the glarring fact that stood out was that there were many more injuries on turf where the injured player had no one around him when he got hurt. In other words no other player caused his injury.
    Interesting!

  6. #16
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Grossman Done For The Year

    former Vikes QB - GANNON DONE

    for a while, 6 weeks maybe longer. broken vertebrae.

  7. #17
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Grossman Done For The Year

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    It also doesn't bode well for the TURF. Who was it that hurt themselves in the pregame in week one.

    Turf is harsh I remember a preseason game against the Cards about 6 yrs (on the old turf) ago when they lost 3 starters to knee injuries in that game. I don't think this turf is any better for injuries than the old stuff.

    Looks nicer except for the endzone lettering. I think they just want less clean up for the Twins Games.

    Michael Irvin, he did it were the 1st base or pitchers mound would be. I heard a report that the ground crew did a bad job when they put the section of turf down to cover those areas and that it was not the same hight as the rest of the field.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  8. #18
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Grossman Done For The Year

    whack,

    I think it was Ken Irvin, thanks for the info I couldn't remember.

  9. #19
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Grossman Done For The Year

    "snowinapril" wrote:
    whack,

    I think it was Ken Irvin, thanks for the info I couldn't remember.

    Thanks Snowapril, must have had a brain fart!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  10. #20
    Big Daddy's Avatar
    Big Daddy is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    275

    Grossman Done For The Year

    Did anyone watch the Sunday night game Oak vs. TB? Charley Garner went down with a season ending knee injury and no one was around him he just went down. I remember thinking that if that would have been on field turf instead of natural grass that everyone would have said it was because of the stupid turf. Fact is injuries happen and they can't be blamed on any one thing. Personally I like having sure footing and not having to worry about my feet slipping out from under me.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Leave Rex Grossman Alone
    By gregair13 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-05-2008, 01:25 AM
  2. grossman on my flight
    By TheKnuck in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 10-25-2006, 05:21 PM
  3. Grossman: top NFL QB
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-12-2006, 11:06 PM
  4. Grossman
    By snowinapril in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-16-2006, 02:11 AM
  5. Grossman to start
    By ItalianStallion in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-12-2003, 11:13 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •