Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Del Rio Guest

Grossman Done For The Year

The Bears say they have faith in their 2nd stringer but I wouldn't be surprised if they went out and snagged up someone to fill in especially since they have a good team.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

It also doesn't bode well for the TURF. Who was it that hurt themselves in the pregame in week one.

Turf is harsh I remember a preseason game against the Cards about 6 yrs (on the old turf) ago when they lost 3 starters to knee injuries in that game. I don't think this turf is any better for injuries than the old stuff.

Looks nicer except for the endzone lettering. I think they just want less clean up for the Twins Games.

Del Rio Guest

I did a paper in my second year at Weber St. University comparing Turf and Grass and the injuries accuired on both.

I remember writing about a Bears reciever who lept for the ball and his knee caps ripped away and when he landed they were up by his thighs. The picture was gross. The injury happened on turf.

When you add the knee and leg injuries up there are about the same ammount I think because football is just a physical sport and it is hard on the lower limbs and joints.

But the glarring fact that stood out was that there were many more injuries on turf where the injured player had no one around him when he got hurt. In other words no other player caused his injury.

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I didn't even know Jeff George was still alive.
    lol....me either

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I did a paper in my second year at Weber St. University comparing Turf and Grass and the injuries accuired on both.

I remember writing about a Bears reciever who lept for the ball and his knee caps ripped away and when he landed they were up by his thighs. The picture was gross. The injury happened on turf.

When you add the knee and leg injuries up there are about the same ammount I think because football is just a physical sport and it is hard on the lower limbs and joints.

But the glarring fact that stood out was that there were many more injuries on turf where the injured player had no one around him when he got hurt. In other words no other player caused his injury.
    Interesting!

former Vikes QB - GANNON DONE

for a while, 6 weeks maybe longer. broken vertebrae.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    It also doesn't bode well for the TURF. Who was it that hurt themselves in the pregame in week one.

Turf is harsh I remember a preseason game against the Cards about 6 yrs (on the old turf) ago when they lost 3 starters to knee injuries in that game. I don't think this turf is any better for injuries than the old stuff.

Looks nicer except for the endzone lettering. I think they just want less clean up for the Twins Games.

Michael Irvin, he did it were the 1st base or pitchers mound would be. I heard a report that the ground crew did a bad job when they put the section of turf down to cover those areas and that it was not the same hight as the rest of the field.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

whack,

I think it was Ken Irvin, thanks for the info I couldn't remember.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"snowinapril" wrote:
    whack,

I think it was Ken Irvin, thanks for the info I couldn't remember.

Thanks Snowapril, must have had a brain fart!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Big Daddy is offline Starter

Did anyone watch the Sunday night game Oak vs. TB? Charley Garner went down with a season ending knee injury and no one was around him he just went down. I remember thinking that if that would have been on field turf instead of natural grass that everyone would have said it was because of the stupid turf. Fact is injuries happen and they can't be blamed on any one thing. Personally I like having sure footing and not having to worry about my feet slipping out from under me.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12