Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Cedric Griffin Not Cutting It

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    See the problem with this is we don't always play the Cover 2, just like Marcs09 was telling me last night that Tyell blew coverage Vs Indianapolis and at first glance it looks so untill after seeing the call that was made he did his job, Cedric Griffin did not.

I want specifics, WHEN did he get beat, what game did he get beat cause I'm not seeing anything but sound football. The one complaint I have is his missed tackle from behind after that lateral to Reggie Wayne.

Just rewatch the games and look for deeper passes

He is late alot of the times getting over

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I don't think so man, I really don't because I've seen all the games multiple times exept the Titans game where I know he did a good job.

This whole late to get over thing, I'm just not seeing it. IMO he's playing instinctive fast football, not alot of passess are beating our safeties at all. Sharper blew some coverage in the Packer game along with Winfield. D Sharp also blew a TD vs the Colts to Reggie Wayne other than that I really have no complaints with the Safety play. I guess this is one that I just have to agree to disagree with.

I don't think Madui will have much of impact untill he and Johnson are on the field at the same time. People are happy to have McKinnie back which I agree with because we won't have to help that side but the Safties are playing fine.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"V4L" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    If you guys could point to what Johnson is doing wrong be my guest, the dude has been nothing but stellar for our football team at FS. Good tackling, good coverage, I just don't get it, I'm not seeing what other people are seeing yet I'm very observant.

Raw? I don't think so, yeah he came from a smaller division but by no means is he raw, he has everything a Safety needs, his backpedal and hips are smooth as a CB. On draft day Mike Mayock claimed he was the best Safety in the draft ready to come in and start right away and its exactly what he's done. Don't bank on Meudia Williams, he's never been consistent in terms of staying on the field.

Feel free to enlight'n me....

I like his tackling but he is always late on getting over to help out

And a few times in our cover 2 the corner is supposed to let the safety take thier guy and the corner drops down.. I've seen a few times where Johnson (and Sharper) haven't gotten over
    Yes, that is the cover 2.

The safeties take take the deep halves, the corners basically cover the flats.

Thanks for the diagram

And for Johnson all I want to see until Madieu gets back is for him to get to his spot a little quicker

I think the NFL is just a wee bit too fast for him
    I'm sure someone's said this already in the Johnson discussion, but I don't think the NFL is too fast for him by any means. He's extremely athletic, he just needs to learn to make his reads faster, and that will come with experience.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

"C" wrote:
    So what you are saying is that Griffin is cutting the cheese?

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"jdvike" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    So what you are saying is that Griffin is cutting the cheese?
    I'm trying to say it's a slow day at work.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

It's so ironic 2 years ago people were whining for Smoot to be benched for Griffin. Now everyone wants Griffin to be benched.

Personally I'd like to see Griffin moved to Safety myself, give Charles Gordon the LCB spot and move Sapp into the Nickel and Rotate with McCauley. Though don't forget in Nickel and Dime, the Slot corners play a shallow zone, like LB's would in base 4-3, so in the Colts game Griffin was matched with Gonzalez in the slot and lost...a lot.

ragz is offline GM

i read today on vikingupdate that grif had two picks his rookie year, and either has none or one since then.
    wheres the impatient people screaming for his head?
    whats with all this, "he's only in his 3rd year give him some time" bullshit.
    he's hurting us.
    he is not getting beat only when we blitz 2 lbs up the middle and dont get to the qb.
    hes getting beat consistently in many formations, and many blitz packages, and by many different levels of wrs.
    if theres one person that i've seen all year on the field for the vikes that deserves to be demoted, its griffin.
    he has made zero plays, and yet has either been a part of, or flatout been the reason for a handful of plays by the other team.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

smokinthapurple is offline Training Camp

you guys really think hes done that bad, i honestly thought he imporved somewhat, he held steve smith to how many yards and how many td's? also his hitting ability has improved drastically, hes played the run alot better, hes gotten beat a few times but the tyrell got burnt everytime.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"ragz" wrote:
    i read today on vikingupdate that grif had two picks his rookie year, and either has none or one since then.
    wheres the impatient people screaming for his head?
    whats with all this, "he's only in his 3rd year give him some time" kaka del rio.
    he's hurting us.
    he is not getting beat only when we blitz 2 lbs up the middle and dont get to the qb.
    hes getting beat consistently in many formations, and many blitz packages, and by many different levels of wrs.
    if theres one person that i've seen all year on the field for the vikes that deserves to be demoted, its griffin.
    he has made zero plays, and yet has either been a part of, or flatout been the reason for a handful of plays by the other team.
    Ced was beast when he was rookie and thats exactly why we wanted him and not Smoot.

Yup and this includes Tarvaris Jackson IMO.

Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast