Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Griffin needs to be more consist

Vikings looking for more consistency from Griffin

Veteran cornerback Cedric Griffin has been on the wrong end off too many highlights this season.

Vikings looking for more consistency from Griffin | StarTribune.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    He needs to find another job. 2 knee recons is not something a CB in the NFL is going to excel with.

Freya is offline Team Alumni
    What are they talking about "consistency"? He consistently sucks. I was pretty sure that counted or they would have gotten rid of him a long time ago.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

One knee and he could maybe play to a acceptable level, but after both knees...I don't think so. Sorry bud, but it's time to look for a new job.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    One knee and he could maybe play to a acceptable level, but after both knees...I don't think so. Sorry bud, but it's time to look for a new job.
    Quick question. Do you think that Hester is fast?

I think he is very very very fast.

Having said that, Ole I got 2 bumb knees Griff was step for step with him going down the field on that play and only lagged behind when Hester made the hard outside move on his route which Griff (because of the scheme) had to honor.

Even then, Griff closed to Hester to within a step or two.

Long story short, he isn't a Revis. He's a C2 CB. By nature those cats are not burners.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    It's not just that one play. He is at the point now where he needs such a cushion that he is a liability. He sucked when he was drafted, got to the point where he finally wasn't front page bad any more but nothing special, then blew out 2 knees in less than 10 minutes of playing time and now his value is diminished.

maybe we can trade him to the Seachickens.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post

Having said that, Ole I got 2 bumb knees Griff was step for step with him going down the field on that play and only lagged behind when Hester made the hard outside move on his route which Griff (because of the scheme) had to honor.

Long story short, he isn't a Revis. He's a C2 CB. By nature those cats are not burners.
    a) No he wasn't
    b) If that were an isolated incident, great, but it's not. He has been consistently beat all season long. It's time to come to grips that I was right, Griffen will not be the player he was before the injuries.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    a) No he wasn't
    b) If that were an isolated incident, great, but it's not. He has been consistently beat all season long. It's time to come to grips that I was right, Griffen will not be the player he was before the injuries.
    a. Yes he was.

b. No he hasn't. Hell, he has been on their best WR's almost all season with the ball going to the other side more times than not.

Has he been beat? Sure but so has all the DB's at one time or another.

Hell, the only reason you guys aren't hacking on Cook (he's been beat several times) is because he made a couple of nice plays were he tipped the ball. Go back, watch the tape, Griff has several of those as well when the ball has come his way.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    a. Yes he was.

b. No he hasn't. Hell, he has been on their best WR's almost all season with the ball going to the other side more times than not.

Has he been beat? Sure but so has all the DB's at one time or another.

Hell, the only reason you guys aren't hacking on Cook (he's been beat several times) is because he made a couple of nice plays were he tipped the ball. Go back, watch the tape, Griff has several of those as well when the ball has come his way.
    Cook has yet to get absolutely toasted the way Griff has constantly.

has he been beat? Yeah. Calvin Johnson beat him a couple times, one on a nice jump ball (that nobody can cover) and one on a great route that just got him away from Cook. Cook tends to recover though fairly well.

Griff can not. He gave Hester about a 7 yard cushion, and still got embarassed. I realize the S should have been in better position, but no excuse for doing this game in and game out.

As for you point he's been on their best WR almost all season? That's simply untrue.

Griff and Cook have been switching. They ahve not stuck Griff on their #1 exculsively, in fact, I've seen the opposite more with Cook being matched up on their best player.

The reason Cook gets more leeway is a) He's a 2nd year player who played about 3 games last season and b) he's actually shown he can make nice, athletic plays on the ball regularly. Griff has shown he can make poor, unathletic attempts, and come up 5 yards behind Hester.

I realize that you were one of the ones that remained hopefully Griff would pan out early on in his career, and he was looking much better until a couple years ago, but time to face facts. Corners slow down when they tear both ACLs. I don't know how to put that any other way.

Sorry my friend, but a step or two is for all practical purposes a busted play in this league if you're playing against an accurate quarterback. I not hating on the guy, it's just he's lost a step to me.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast