Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,262

    Griffin needs to be more consist

    Vikings looking for more consistency from Griffin

    Veteran cornerback Cedric Griffin has been on the wrong end off too many highlights this season.

    Vikings looking for more consistency from Griffin | StarTribune.com

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  2. #2
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    He needs to find another job. 2 knee recons is not something a CB in the NFL is going to excel with.

  3. #3
    Freya's Avatar
    Freya is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    2,456
    What are they talking about "consistency"? He consistently sucks. I was pretty sure that counted or they would have gotten rid of him a long time ago.


    Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Isanti, MN
    Posts
    979
    One knee and he could maybe play to a acceptable level, but after both knees...I don't think so. Sorry bud, but it's time to look for a new job.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

  5. #5
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909
    Quote Originally Posted by battleaxe4cheese View Post
    One knee and he could maybe play to a acceptable level, but after both knees...I don't think so. Sorry bud, but it's time to look for a new job.
    Quick question. Do you think that Hester is fast?

    I think he is very very very fast.

    Having said that, Ole I got 2 bumb knees Griff was step for step with him going down the field on that play and only lagged behind when Hester made the hard outside move on his route which Griff (because of the scheme) had to honor.

    Even then, Griff closed to Hester to within a step or two.

    Long story short, he isn't a Revis. He's a C2 CB. By nature those cats are not burners.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #6
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1
    It's not just that one play. He is at the point now where he needs such a cushion that he is a liability. He sucked when he was drafted, got to the point where he finally wasn't front page bad any more but nothing special, then blew out 2 knees in less than 10 minutes of playing time and now his value is diminished.

    maybe we can trade him to the Seachickens.

  7. #7
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Quick question. Do you think that Hester is fast?

    I think he is very very very fast.

    Having said that, Ole I got 2 bumb knees Griff was step for step with him going down the field on that play and only lagged behind when Hester made the hard outside move on his route which Griff (because of the scheme) had to honor.

    Even then, Griff closed to Hester to within a step or two.

    Long story short, he isn't a Revis. He's a C2 CB. By nature those cats are not burners.
    a) No he wasn't
    b) If that were an isolated incident, great, but it's not. He has been consistently beat all season long. It's time to come to grips that I was right, Griffen will not be the player he was before the injuries.

  8. #8
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    a) No he wasn't
    b) If that were an isolated incident, great, but it's not. He has been consistently beat all season long. It's time to come to grips that I was right, Griffen will not be the player he was before the injuries.
    a. Yes he was.

    b. No he hasn't. Hell, he has been on their best WR's almost all season with the ball going to the other side more times than not.

    Has he been beat? Sure but so has all the DB's at one time or another.

    Hell, the only reason you guys aren't hacking on Cook (he's been beat several times) is because he made a couple of nice plays were he tipped the ball. Go back, watch the tape, Griff has several of those as well when the ball has come his way.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #9
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    a. Yes he was.

    b. No he hasn't. Hell, he has been on their best WR's almost all season with the ball going to the other side more times than not.

    Has he been beat? Sure but so has all the DB's at one time or another.

    Hell, the only reason you guys aren't hacking on Cook (he's been beat several times) is because he made a couple of nice plays were he tipped the ball. Go back, watch the tape, Griff has several of those as well when the ball has come his way.
    Cook has yet to get absolutely toasted the way Griff has constantly.

    has he been beat? Yeah. Calvin Johnson beat him a couple times, one on a nice jump ball (that nobody can cover) and one on a great route that just got him away from Cook. Cook tends to recover though fairly well.

    Griff can not. He gave Hester about a 7 yard cushion, and still got embarassed. I realize the S should have been in better position, but no excuse for doing this game in and game out.

    As for you point he's been on their best WR almost all season? That's simply untrue.

    Griff and Cook have been switching. They ahve not stuck Griff on their #1 exculsively, in fact, I've seen the opposite more with Cook being matched up on their best player.

    The reason Cook gets more leeway is a) He's a 2nd year player who played about 3 games last season and b) he's actually shown he can make nice, athletic plays on the ball regularly. Griff has shown he can make poor, unathletic attempts, and come up 5 yards behind Hester.

    I realize that you were one of the ones that remained hopefully Griff would pan out early on in his career, and he was looking much better until a couple years ago, but time to face facts. Corners slow down when they tear both ACLs. I don't know how to put that any other way.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Isanti, MN
    Posts
    979
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Quick question. Do you think that Hester is fast?

    I think he is very very very fast.

    Having said that, Ole I got 2 bumb knees Griff was step for step with him going down the field on that play and only lagged behind when Hester made the hard outside move on his route which Griff (because of the scheme) had to honor.

    Even then, Griff closed to Hester to within a step or two.

    Long story short, he isn't a Revis. He's a C2 CB. By nature those cats are not burners.
    Sorry my friend, but a step or two is for all practical purposes a busted play in this league if you're playing against an accurate quarterback. I not hating on the guy, it's just he's lost a step to me.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •