Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Griffin earns praise from coordinator

    Well, there's at least one person who disagrees with him. Coordinator Leslie Frazier said Thursday that Griffin's play was about the best he had seen since taking over the Vikings defense in 2007. "He really stepped up and played extremely well for us, both tackling and covering," Frazier said. "He has passed that hand [injury] that kind of affected him earlier in the season. He's using his hands again, which allows him to do other things to complete his game as a corner. He played an outstanding game for us on Sunday."
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vi.../78483997.html
    Marrdro's comment follow:
    ......snicker......Griff haters crack me up.

    On a side note. Didn't know he was playing hurt this year. Props to Griff for not only stepping up (along with the other CB's) with Whinny out again, but doing it hurt.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,206

    Re:Griffin earns praise from coordinator

    Griffin has been an average #2 cornerback in this league for a few years. Not too bad, but not amazing.

    This year it seems to me that his play has been exceptional.

    Semi-related to that, this is what got me confused about the player ratings on the ProFootballFocus site. Notice that Griffin is ranked #93 out of 106 in pass coverage amongst CBs. I could be wrong, but it sure hasn't looked that way to me this year.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

  3. #3
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re:Griffin earns praise from coordinator

    Overlord wrote:
    Griffin has been an average #2 cornerback in this league for a few years. Not too bad, but not amazing.

    This year it seems to me that his play has been exceptional.

    Semi-related to that, this is what got me confused about the player ratings on the ProFootballFocus site. Notice that Griffin is ranked #93 out of 106 in pass coverage amongst CBs. I could be wrong, but it sure hasn't looked that way to me this year.
    That site can be hard to figure out at times.......

    They have him low on PD's but high on TA....

    All in all, I suspect that cover 2 CB's will always be lower on thier scale than a shutdown guy like Revis or Woodson. Course they have Whinny up there at 3 so that could be argued away as well. Penalties must have a real impact on final grade.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #4
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,605

    Re:Griffin earns praise from coordinator

    I had a look at that site yesterday as well and some of the numbers are confusing and don't really make any sense.

    As for Griffin, I have always liked the guy. Maybe not in his rookie year, but right after that I was on his bandwagon. It just sucks that the rest of the site took so long to understand his greatness.
    We're bringing purple back.

  5. #5
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re:Griffin earns praise from coordinator

    gregair13 wrote:
    I had a look at that site yesterday as well and some of the numbers are confusing and don't really make any sense.

    As for Griffin, I have always liked the guy. Maybe not in his rookie year, but right after that I was on his bandwagon. It just sucks that the rest of the site took so long to understand his greatness.
    Yea right. I know of a few that hover about just waiting for him to make a mistake.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #6
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,605

    Re:Griffin earns praise from coordinator

    Marrdro wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    I had a look at that site yesterday as well and some of the numbers are confusing and don't really make any sense.

    As for Griffin, I have always liked the guy. Maybe not in his rookie year, but right after that I was on his bandwagon. It just sucks that the rest of the site took so long to understand his greatness.
    Yea right. I know of a few that hover about just waiting for him to make a mistake.
    Those are the people I am talking about. They need to be hit upside the head.
    We're bringing purple back.

  7. #7
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re:Griffin earns praise from coordinator

    gregair13 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    I had a look at that site yesterday as well and some of the numbers are confusing and don't really make any sense.

    As for Griffin, I have always liked the guy. Maybe not in his rookie year, but right after that I was on his bandwagon. It just sucks that the rest of the site took so long to understand his greatness.
    Yea right. I know of a few that hover about just waiting for him to make a mistake.
    Those are the people I am talking about. They need to be hit upside the head.
    I hear ya my friend. Pretty hard to believe that fans can actually not like a player on thier favorite team...... :P
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #8
    Johnson14's Avatar
    Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,681

    Re:Griffin earns praise from coordinator

    Props to CG, i thought he played well against the Bears, and to find out he is playing hurt.. fair play.

  9. #9
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re:Griffin earns praise from coordinator

    Marrdro wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    gregair13 wrote:
    I had a look at that site yesterday as well and some of the numbers are confusing and don't really make any sense.

    As for Griffin, I have always liked the guy. Maybe not in his rookie year, but right after that I was on his bandwagon. It just sucks that the rest of the site took so long to understand his greatness.
    Yea right. I know of a few that hover about just waiting for him to make a mistake.
    Those are the people I am talking about. They need to be hit upside the head.
    I hear ya my friend. Pretty hard to believe that fans can actually not like a player on thier favorite team...... :P

    HAHAHA

  10. #10
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,318

    Re:Griffin earns praise from coordinator

    Always been a Griff supporter and think that this year he has REALLY stepped up.

    Even made discussion earlier that I think that he should be a strong candidate for the Pro Bowl.

    He is an excellent tackler (which seems to be what we want most out of our corners), a solid cover guy and has very good hands.

    He gets beat by out routes and some hooks, but you win some and you lose some.

    Griff has definitely arrived this season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ray Edwards earns additional $221,322
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-06-2009, 01:14 PM
  2. Vikings filled most of their glaring needs - Giving some well-deserved praise
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 08:11 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-25-2007, 06:53 AM
  4. 70% of all praise is sarcastic
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-02-2007, 09:51 PM
  5. Tomlin effusive in praise of Taylor
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-07-2007, 01:08 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •