Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Formo is offline Team Alumni

Re: Greg Lewis Impact Player

"NDVikingFan66" wrote:
    I honestly had no idea who caught the ball at the time, and when I figured it out, it took me a split second to figure out who he was.

He deserves some props too, cause that was a SICK catch.
    We have had some great receivers come down with the ball in bounds before, but that was near the top.

And Lewis becomes part of a record....lol

Guys who Favre has thrown a TD pass to.

Bet that one ranks at the top of both their lists.
    I was kinda lost on who #17 was too..

Then the announcers said his name, "Greg Lewis".
    Leave it to a no-name guy we JUST picked up to make a Carter-esque catch/toe tap for a game winning TD.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

kspurplepride is offline Pro-Bowler

What is it with the Philly boys coming in and making big plays for us. We were down on Wade when Chilly brought him over and he gave us several good seasons. Now this kid comes in for ironically his 4th play of the game to catch the game winning touchdown from #4... go figure

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"kspurplepride" wrote:
    What is it with the Philly boys coming in and making big plays for us. We were down on Wade when Chilly brought him over and he gave us several good seasons. Now this kid comes in for ironically his 4th play of the game to catch the game winning touchdown from #4... go figure
    Wade wasn't a Philly Boy.

I was more concerned about the philly boys brought in like:

Todd Pinkston
    Billly McMullen
    Mike McMahon
    Thomas Tapeh

I still don't think Lewis will be a big contributer, just how David Tyree (guy who caught that pass in the superbowl for the Giants) fell off the face of the earth.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "kspurplepride" wrote:
    Wade wasn't a Philly Boy.

I was more concerned about the philly boys brought in like:

Todd Pinkston
    Billly McMullen
    Mike McMahon
    Thomas Tapeh

I still don't think Lewis will be a big contributer, just how David Tyree (guy who caught that pass in the superbowl for the Giants) fell off the face of the earth.
    +1

hx38596 is offline Pro-Bowler

Walk-on at Illinois. Undrafted free agent who makes it with the Philadelphia Eagles in 2003 and last six Eagles seasons. Cut in camp this year by the New England Patriots. Signed by the Vikings on Sept. 10. Inactive the first two Vikings games. One catch on Sunday. The difference-making catch.

Jets cornerback Lito Sheppard knows Lewis well. This is what he had told me about the player:

"I played with him a lot in Philadelphia, every day in practice, and I always thought he was underrated. All he does is make plays. He made them in the Super Bowl for Philadelphia when he scored. I think New England cut him because they believed more in Joey Galloway. I think Greg might prove them wrong on that one. Greg has some of the best hands around. He has good speed. He's just not that big. He might weigh a buck-eighty.

"On his winning play against the Vikings, it was one of those situations where he lined up wide on the other side of the field and he got behind the back line of the defense. Once a guy gets behind you like that, coming across the field, the defense starts to play the quarterback. I think Favre was searching for Greg the whole time. He knew he was going to come free at some point coming across the back line. There was great velocity on that ball. It had to be to get it to the back before the defense could respond. To be able to catch it with that kind of heat on it is really something. But to get both feet in, too? That was a remarkable play by Greg Lewis. But if people have been paying attention, they know he has made them before.'
    Gotta give Chilly quite a bit of credit on this pickup.
    Underrated WR floating around... he not only picked him up.
    But suited him up and told WR coach to 'put him in'.

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    impact player?
    No.
    He made a great catch, but he needs to do more though.
    Remember David Tyree?
    Giant who caught the pass with his helmet in the superbowl to keep the Giants alive.

When Lewis can make good plays on a consistant basis, then maybe.

Also, they're talking about Lewis before he was cut from the pats
    Lewis has floated around for a reason... but for one day, for one moment, he made a hell of a play. And you can't take that away from him at all..

But to think that Lewis is going to be a answer the butterfingers issue with Berrian, or the inconsistency with Rice and become a major player on the offense might be dreaming a little.

But again.. hell of a catch.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234