Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    I don't ever recall of a player visiting for 2 days somewhere, and there not even being a sniff of what is going on. Very odd.
    Agreed. Although it sounds like there were no negotiations yesterday at all, it was more of a meet and greet. The nitty gritty is today. I hope to hear something soon tho.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    Agreed. Although it sounds like there were no negotiations yesterday at all, it was more of a meet and greet. The nitty gritty is today. I hope to hear something soon tho.
    I know it...been chekcing PFT and PPO for news religiously the last few days! I feel like the kid at Christmas who is up at 4 am and tip-toeing about the house to shake the presents and try adn guess what (who) is in there
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    I know it...been chekcing PFT and PPO for news religiously the last few days! I feel like the kid at Christmas who is up at 4 am and tip-toeing about the house to shake the presents and try adn guess what (who) is in there
    I'm with ya. Been on Twitter, PFT, NFL, Here, and anywhere else I can get news.

Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    I also read somewhere else on a article with Jennings (before he visited here) that he was going to enjoy his free agent experience and not rush to sign with a team because he wants to explore all of his options.

Now that could have been written prior to free agency starting and now that he hasn't garnished much interest on the open market, that all could have changed. All I know is that there have been reports left and right about Jake Long and his 3 day visit with the Rams, but there hasn't been one whisper about whats going on with Jennings and the Vikings. Don't know if he is still there, on his way home, if a offer has been presented, if he is currently thinking it over, nothing. He sent out a tweet 4 hours ago saying good morning to all his followers, and hasn't said another word since then. He usually responds right away, so I don't know if he jumped on Twitter just to say good morning then was going over contract numbers or what. I would guess that he hasn't left Winter Park yet, otherwise he would have tweeted all kinds of stuff by now. Just odd that Jay Glazier, Adam Schefter, or those people haven't heard anything at all about the situation.

Says things are going well and they expect to exchange numbers Friday (today), also says GB still in the mix, and if the offers are equal they can't see Jennings leaving GB for Minnesota.

https://twitter.com/ClaytonESPN/stat...97143644938240

Got the full story off rotoworld.

From everything that I am reading that I didn't find yesterday, sounds like if Jennings gets a offer from the Vikings and its anywhere close, he is going to take it back to GB. So I am guessing that the Vikes have to overpay here, or they won't get him.

I guess that is what a shit QB situation, and no WR's will get you when you are trying to bring in free agents.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    I would be surprised if we don't hear anything in the next 2 1/2 hours.
    Hard to wait isn't it ?

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    From everything that I am reading that I didn't find yesterday, sounds like if Jennings gets a offer from the Vikings and its anywhere close, he is going to take it back to GB. So I am guessing that the Vikes have to overpay here, or they won't get him.

I guess that is what a shit QB situation, and no WR's will get you when you are trying to bring in free agents.
    No doubt. He also has one of the best situations in the league in GB, not to mention his familiarity with their system.

We should have to pay more to get him. Fortunately, GB needs him a lot less than we do, so hopefully they won't entertain serious numbers with him.

Blog Entries
    Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero

Greg Jennings remains at #Vikings headquarters. No deal done yet.
    Been negotiating a long time...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Blog Entries

Pretty much. I expect that if we are going to sign him it will by at least $9m/year.
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast