Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    7 Million per season is my guesstimate with incentives and more money on the back end than in the first few years.

I guess after calming down and thinking about it, he has better character than Harvin and if we can turn the pick we got for Harvin into a great starter and save 4 million a year over what we would have paid to keep him and be rid of the head case then it is hard to be against bringing Jennings in. I guess Spielman knows what he is doing after all. Sign him up.
    7 million is around my guess as well. I just don't see any other teams bringing him in for that kind of money, and the Vikings are desperate. He is still a very good WR when he is healthy, hopefully if we sign him, his injuries are behind him.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    7 million is around my guess as well. I just don't see any other teams bringing him in for that kind of money, and the Vikings are desperate. He is still a very good WR when he is healthy, hopefully if we sign him, his injuries are behind him.
    I would like to see it for $7 million, but I honestly expect it to be higher. The Vikings are desperate and we have the cap room. We missed out on Garcon last offseason because we didn't want to go as high as $8.5 million per year, and I think we are still smarting a bit from it.

I am anticipating something in the $8-9 million range.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    He gets 11 a year

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    7 Million per season is my guesstimate with incentives and more money on the back end than in the first few years.

I guess after calming down and thinking about it, he has better character than Harvin and if we can turn the pick we got for Harvin into a great starter and save 4 million a year over what we would have paid to keep him and be rid of the head case then it is hard to be against bringing Jennings in. I guess Spielman knows what he is doing after all. Sign him up.
    This really feels eerily similar to the TJ Houshmandzadeh "Steak out". Where we signed him up for a 2 day visit instead of 1. Had dinner first. Everyone said he was a lock. We talked numbers the next day. Right before he could say anything.... Paul Allen on line one. Hey TJ, can I take your whole family on a multi-million dollar jet trip to Seattle really quick?... 5 minutes later he's a Seahawk. Not saying that we missed out on a great player. I just feel like this could be a similar process. I just don't see a scenario where Greg Jennings doesn't at least take our number back to Green Bay for a match. This might take a couple days.

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

smegmavike is offline Coach
    He wasn't supposed to arrive until 5 pm or so. He was going to dine with the Vikings tonight and tour Winter park in the morning. Reporters said there were no negotiations scheduled for tonight.
    I suspect negotiations have been ongoing with his agent already.
    Wonder if he will bolt for the airport in the middle of the night like that one doushe ?

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by MulletMullitia View Post
    Dawn Mitchell just tweeted me back!

Dawn Mitchell ‏@DawnAtFOX9

@DavidYount from my understanding no wilfs but cannot confirm nor deny

So I guess it's Spielman, Frazier, Paton, Jared Allen, and more on the way including at least Bill Musgrave. No owners there tonight, but it still looks like full court press.
    Jared Allen is there cause Jennings wants 11 mill and Speilman will need to turn to Jared and say we need to workout an extension to soften the blow of your 14 mill cap hit this year to bring in Jennings.....so Jared could be the banker for this deal

Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    He gets 11 a year
    If that is the case, no thanks. It would be nice to have him, but for no more than 9 mil a year.

30whales is offline Training Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    If that is the case, no thanks. It would be nice to have him, but for no more than 9 mil a year.
    Gotta agree with this!

MulletMullitia is offline PP.O Ambassador
    Blog Entries
    Dawn Mitchell ‏@DawnAtFOX9

for real? “@Not_Sid_Hartman: @DawnAtFOX9 brother in law is in manny's said someone just started a go pack go chant”
    -----------------------------------------

Seriously?

Sorry Rick! Keep up the good work.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast