Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    just a tidbit of info. Charlie Johnson counts for over 4.3 mil in cap space....
    He should be nervous.

smegmavike is offline Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    I think GB might be floating that 10mil a season rumor just to drive up the price on the Vikings. No way is Jennings worth 10mill a year. 8mill max. Jennings isn't coming here for less money than he could get to stay in GB. I'm hopeful that the Vikings are on top of this and in no way falling for the trap.
    How many 1,000yd recievers has green bay had since Rodgers took over the team?
    If he had an offer of 10 million on the table he would have signed by now.
    That was an offer that came last year before they signed Nelson and /or Cobb to their contract.
    Now the only way Thiompson signs him is if he can get him cheap.
    I think the Vikings will sign him for 6 to 8 million a year.

Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    Pretty sure I read somewhere that the Pack had an offer on the table in the 10/year range...so, I have to wonder, how much more per year would it take to move him from home and from Rodgers to Ponder!??

Tho he's a great player when healthy, and would instantly be our no.1 option and go-to guy, I'm not sure we can afford it without more cuts...according to my hazy math, we're at about 117 mill now, or about right where we need to be to sign our draft picks...?

Minnesota Vikings - 2013 Cap Hits

It says we're lower, but if you scroll down, you'll see Felton, Berger and Simpson's numbers have not been added yet.

You can't imagine they would just up and cut a guy like Jared Allen do you!? Have to think we'd try to trade him for something if we were even considering it!? Perhaps, K-Will's contract is next up for the chopping block? Hopefully, maybe, they've talked restructuring with both and have at least a preliminary agreement in place...?

Seems to me, that we're likely to see more changes to this team before "off-season" ends...
    I noticed on the link you provided, that MN was given $9.6M of rollover space from 2012, which essentially gives them $130M in total cap space. Saw this somewhere else as well.

Their number shows us at $104M after deducting the rollover credit. Giving us $19M in cap space. I saw the recent contracts of Henderson, Felton and Sanford on their list. I think all they are missing is Simpson and Berger. I thought I read where Simpson was given another contract similar to last year (~2M) and Berger is just under $1M. That should put them around $16M in cap space? If the Vikings keep all their draft picks and sign the two first rounders and 3-4 others, that would require another $6.5M or so going by expected contracts. That leaves them right around the $10M mark.

Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    That was an offer that came last year before they signed Nelson and /or Cobb to their contract.
    That would be a good signing IMO.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    I am totally down with adding Jennings in that range! We need one decent vet to help guide the youngsters, as I still would see us adding 2 guys in the draft to the gamble (Simpson) and our other un-experienced WRs.

On another note, anybody know the real deal with this cap carryover thing? I'm guessing we might have a bit of room leftover from last year to add to this year's budget...?
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    I'm guessing we might have a bit of room leftover from last year to add to this year's budget...?
    I believe that is correct and is accounted for in the total number given by your link. I tried to do some perverted math above.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Hopefully Jennings asking price has come down, which I am guessing it has otherwise he never would have made a visit. If the Vikings can get him for around 7-8 mil a year, it would be a great signing.

Vikings may need to be decisive in Thursday's visit with Greg Jennings | StarTribune.com

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    I noticed on the link you provided, that MN was given $9.6M of rollover space from 2012, which essentially gives them $130M in total cap space. Saw this somewhere else as well.

Their number shows us at $104M after deducting the rollover credit. Giving us $19M in cap space. I saw the recent contracts of Henderson, Felton and Sanford on their list. I think all they are missing is Simpson and Berger. I thought I read where Simpson was given another contract similar to last year (~2M) and Berger is just under $1M. That should put them around $16M in cap space? If the Vikings keep all their draft picks and sign the two first rounders and 3-4 others, that would require another $6.5M or so going by expected contracts. That leaves them right around the $10M mark.
    Nice! Thanks!! I guess I just missed that part. That makes sense now, and looks about right. And would give us just a bit of wiggle room left over for late cut additions as long as Jennings signs something in that 6-8 range.

Maybe? 3 years for 24 mill, with 12 up front and annual salaries of like 2, 5, 5? That would give us a cap hit of 6 this year and 9 the other 2 years. And hopefully we can do some restucturing with Allen and Williams before then to ease their weight against the cap going forward.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Just checked Jennings twitter account and he said that he would talk to everyone later that he had to get going, I am assuming it was for the Vikings visit, and that was just 2 hours ago. I am assuming that he is still visiting at this time.

If nobody here follows him on twitter, Jennings is probably one of the most humble and down to earth NFL players out there. He is constantly on twitter talking with his followers, does a morning roll call, and always inspires people. Hard to not have respect for the man even though he played for the rivals all those years. If the price is right, he would be a great addition to this team in so many ways.

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    If we could get Jennings for 8mil, I would say that we did pretty well, considering Harvin would have been around 11. That means we basically traded Harvin for the equivalent of a 1st, 7th, 3rd next year, Jennings (no chance would he be coming here if we signed Harvin) and a bunch of extra cap room. If we don't get Jennings I will be a sad panda.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast