Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    b_sandhar_29 is offline Starter

Greg Jennings to visit Minnesota

Greg Jennings visiting the Vikings | ProFootballTalk

Haven't been on this site in a while, so I haven't been able to voice my opinion. I'm still pissed about the Percy Harvin trade. I think when you have someone young and potentially the cornerstone of your franchise, its your job to keep him happy. He is most definitely a game changer and I don't see us replacing him with a player of his caliber at his position with the 25th overall pick or with our other 2 picks.

Watching games I understand how he would feel frustrated with play calling (bubble screen or end around almost every other drive). Teams most definitely were aware when it was coming and I think this is exposed him to injury more so taking all these unnecessary hits. And maybe Ponder not being able to make a simple a throw as that was also a big contributor. However its all said and done so there is nothing we can do now.

I do like a lot of moves Spielman has made thus far. Although, he hasn't made any big splashes in free agency, if we can get Jennings for the right price, I'll be extremely pleased.
    None

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    If we get Jennings I will definitely consider this offseason a success. That includes the Harvin trade, because I think Jennings + Wright > Harvin + Wright, mostly because they are more complimentary. I would be OK with them opening up the wallet for Jennings too, because our need at WR is that bad.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own
    We should make a strong push for Danario Alexander too... just saying.

Can't hurt to have a 6'5" wideout that can make plays.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    We should make a strong push for Danario Alexander too... just saying.

Can't hurt to have a 6'5" wideout that can make plays.

If you recall, we were better off without Moss than with Moss........

tastywaves is online now Ring of Fame
    Greg Jennings reportedly visiting Minnesota Vikings - NFL.com

The trip to Minnesota might signify that Jennings and his advisors have acknowledged that the market is scarce on $10 million-plus contracts this offseason.

The Green Bay Press-Gazette reported Wednesday that the Green Bay Packers are still "strongly in the running" to re-sign their star receiver.
    I think GB mostly just doesn't want to see Jennings going to MN. Not saying that he won't help them, just that his value should be much higher to MN than it is to GB. If this was an AFC team going after him, he'd probably be gone already. If he does end up staying in GB, hopefully we were able to drive up his cap hit.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    I think GB might be floating that 10mil a season rumor just to drive up the price on the Vikings. No way is Jennings worth 10mill a year. 8mill max. Jennings isn't coming here for less money than he could get to stay in GB. I'm hopeful that the Vikings are on top of this and in no way falling for the trap.
    How many 1,000yd recievers has green bay had since Rodgers took over the team?

Blog Entries
    Have to also remember, that Jennings said he wants to play indoors, or somewhere warm. That gives a team like the Vikings the advantage.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Have to also remember, that Jennings said he wants to play indoors, or somewhere warm. That gives a team like the Vikings the advantage.
    Did not know that, good point.

mountainviking is online now Team Alumni
    Pretty sure I read somewhere that the Pack had an offer on the table in the 10/year range...so, I have to wonder, how much more per year would it take to move him from home and from Rodgers to Ponder!??

Tho he's a great player when healthy, and would instantly be our no.1 option and go-to guy, I'm not sure we can afford it without more cuts...according to my hazy math, we're at about 117 mill now, or about right where we need to be to sign our draft picks...?

Minnesota Vikings - 2013 Cap Hits

It says we're lower, but if you scroll down, you'll see Felton, Berger and Simpson's numbers have not been added yet.

You can't imagine they would just up and cut a guy like Jared Allen do you!? Have to think we'd try to trade him for something if we were even considering it!? Perhaps, K-Will's contract is next up for the chopping block? Hopefully, maybe, they've talked restructuring with both and have at least a preliminary agreement in place...?

Seems to me, that we're likely to see more changes to this team before "off-season" ends...
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Blog Entries
    just a tidbit of info. Charlie Johnson counts for over 4.3 mil in cap space....

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast