Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Greg Jennings: I was 'brainwashed'

"It's like everything that you know in Green Bay is like the best, the best, the best, the best, the best," Jennings continued. "And it's like total brainwashing. And I think you don't open your eyes to see what other teams have to offer unless you are in that position, and I was afforded this position."

Greg Jennings of Minnesota Vikings -- I was brainwashed by Green Bay Packers - ESPN

"We do," Jennings told KFXN-FM, via FoxSportsNorth.com. "One of the things that obviously drew me to coming over here was the makeup of the team. When I came over here, I kind of had, I was kind of brainwashed. There's no 'kind of' to it. Being over in Green Bay, you're brainwashed to think that anyone in the division is just tiers below.

"So coming over here I meet the people within the organization and I'm like, 'Wow, these are really great people.' "

Greg Jennings: Green Bay Packers brainwash players - NFL.com

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Greg Jennings: I was 'brainwashed'

So why is it wrong to develop a mentality that the team is superior to their rivals? I would think that would be the right mindset to have and if the Vikings are not doing the same thing then that would be a worry.

But since pretty much every disgruntled Packer that leaves town ends up here the brainwashing must be failing or a fair number of them develop Stockholm Syndrome for the Vikings

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    It's not really brain washing, it's facts. There's no comparison in the last 20 years to the Packers and the rest of the division. Elite quarterbacks, good depth, and super bowl titles.
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Wish Greg would just worry about himsmelf.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Wish Greg would just worry about himsmelf.
    I don't. I like it when we have players with enough confidence in themselves and the team to talk a little smack.

Its the nature of the game. Has been and always will be unless we buy into the ESPN drivel about "Bulletin Board Material".
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    I don't. I like it when we have players with enough confidence in themselves and the team to talk a little smack.

Its the nature of the game. Has been and always will be unless we buy into the ESPN drivel about "Bulletin Board Material".
    I don't really care either way, just wanted to say "smelf"
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Don't ALL teams do this?

I'm pretty sure the Vikings aren't sitting watching film with Frazier saying, "God, we suck. Our organization sucks, our coaches suck.....I wish we were in Green Bay. I just want to apologize to all of you players - especially the ones of you that suck....and that would be all of you except Adrian Peterson - for the amount of suckage that we produce on a daily basis. Of course, if we were in Green Bay or Chicago, we would suck less....probably a lot less. But we're here. We're changing our name to the Suckville Suck.....just cuz....well.....you know...."

I mean, c'mon Jennings. Your old team kept telling you how good they were, and you now realize that they weren't? Didn't your win-loss record tell you that?

This is the kind of drivel you feed Packtards. Because they're idiots. we're Vikings fans, we need something with substance!! Cuz we're AWESOME!!!

Oh shit!!! I've been brainwashed by PPO!!!!!

Where's VikingsTW!!! I need my Pumpkin Helmet!!!!

Caine

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Don't ALL teams do this?

I'm pretty sure the Vikings aren't sitting watching film with Frazier saying, "[I]God, we suck.
    Actually a bet a couple do inside their heads. The fans saw that Tjoke sucked and some including myself see that Ponder is not the guy. You better believe that some players are fed up with not having a decent QB in years. Did you forget about Percy? Might be a diva but he was one and I am sure there are many more.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Don't ALL teams do this?

I'm pretty sure the Vikings aren't sitting watching film with Frazier saying, "God, we suck. Our organization sucks, our coaches suck.....I wish we were in Green Bay. I just want to apologize to all of you players - especially the ones of you that suck....and that would be all of you except Adrian Peterson - for the amount of suckage that we produce on a daily basis. Of course, if we were in Green Bay or Chicago, we would suck less....probably a lot less. But we're here. We're changing our name to the Suckville Suck.....just cuz....well.....you know...."

I mean, c'mon Jennings. Your old team kept telling you how good they were, and you now realize that they weren't? Didn't your win-loss record tell you that?

This is the kind of drivel you feed Packtards. Because they're idiots. we're Vikings fans, we need something with substance!! Cuz we're AWESOME!!!

Oh shit!!! I've been brainwashed by PPO!!!!!

Where's VikingsTW!!! I need my Pumpkin Helmet!!!!

Caine
    I think whay may be happening is yes, every team says it but in GB they believe it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast